White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2010, 05:52 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoCrede View Post
I really hope this "slap in the face" nonsense is just the media. Otherwise, how ridiculous.
Well, Oney just retweeted the comments.

OneyRoberto
RT @cst_sox: Translation - the cold war between manager and GM is as frigid as ever. 2 minutes ago via UberTwitter
Old 06-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
FWIW, I have no issues with Ozney. Same with Ozzie Jr. I'd be indifferent if he was in the Sox system. It's Oney and Ozzie who are intolerable and need tickets out of town.
Ozney and Ozzie Jr. seem classy. Maybe I'm grading them on a Guillen curve.
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltrain21 View Post
That whole family needs to go the **** away.
Agreed
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Grebeck View Post
No, I agree with you. Oney's having a bunch of melodramatic Twitter fights right now with Sox fans. It's hilarious to watch.

7-15-11

Team Mexico
Team USA
Es mejor vivir un día como un león, que cien años como un cordero.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:55 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoCrede View Post
No, I agree with you. Oney's having a bunch of melodramatic Twitter fights right now with Sox fans. It's hilarious to watch.
I'm so conflicted with him. I often want to reply and unload on his ridiculous comments, but I also am somewhat amused by the drama.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:56 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
FWIW, I have no issues with Ozney. Same with Ozzie Jr. I'd be indifferent if he was in the Sox system. It's Oney and Ozzie who are intolerable and need tickets out of town.
Ozney is the only one, at least publicly, taking this with any sort of maturity or grace. I understand Ozzie's disappointment, but he needs to take a step back and get a slap of reality... Should my son play professional baseball or go to college on an athletic scholarship? 99% of high school seniors would trade places with them in a heartbeat.

Oney is a crybaby, but at least his psychotic ramblings are funny. Seriously, bro, you hit .120 in Rookie ball. Get over yourself. You're a member of the Lucky Sperm Club.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:01 PM
WSI High Priest

After you get to a certain point in the draft, the picks are a crapshoot. The White Sox could have selected Ozney 10 rounds earlier and no one would have batted an eye. I wonder if its even remotely possible that Oney's behavior caused the White Sox to wait. I'm sure they were at the point where they knew it was the White Sox or nothing. Believe me, if scouts don't think you will sign, unless you are first or maybe second round material talent wise, you aren't going to get picked unless its an organization throwing someone a bone by drafting a relative or neighbor or something of the sort. .
Old 06-08-2010, 06:02 PM
WSI High Priest

Cubs took Bryan Harper, brother of Bryce.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:08 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
After you get to a certain point in the draft, the picks are a crapshoot. The White Sox could have selected Ozney 10 rounds earlier and no one would have batted an eye. I wonder if its even remotely possible that Oney's behavior caused the White Sox to wait. I'm sure they were at the point where they knew it was the White Sox or nothing. Believe me, if scouts don't think you will sign, unless you are first or maybe second round material talent wise, you aren't going to get picked unless its an organization throwing someone a bone by drafting a relative or neighbor or something of the sort. .
But, here we go again with the White Sox against The Guillens.

The family needs to get over themselves. Really - what other organization has the head coaches family involved in so much bull****?

It's embarrassing to me as a fan.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:35 PM
WSI Personality

Sox take Thomas Windle out of Osseo HS (MN) in 28th round. I actually know his older brother pretty well and have played alot of hockey with both of them. The kid is a talented athlete and a hell of a ball player. Currently committed to Minnesota for next year though, so he may be a tough sign.

2012 Attendance Record: 6-4
2011 Attendance Record: 3-3
2010 Attendance Record: 4-3
Old 06-08-2010, 06:43 PM
WSI Prelate

Another Guillen family bashfest? It was much better during ST. Now it's just ridiculous.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:08 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Grebeck View Post
Ozney is the only one to not completely make a jackass out of themselves (at least AFAIK). Jr. is a complete **** like Oney and Ozzie, but he's kept it a little cleaner the past year or two.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:20 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by canOcorn View Post
Ozney is the only one to not completely make a jackass out of themselves (at least AFAIK). Jr. is a complete **** like Oney and Ozzie, but he's kept it a little cleaner the past year or two.
That might be true. My perceptions are stemming mainly from how he conducts himself over twitter.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

Waiting to draft Ozney could be a slap in the face...at first they don't want to draft him because his father's a pain in the ass...then Oney starts bashing them on Twitter, so they decide to take him in a low round so that no other team can draft him...
Old 06-08-2010, 10:36 PM
WSI High Priest

Um, why didn't Kenny ask Ozzie what round to pick him, or just not bother? Ozzie said in the postgame Ozney is going to school. Ok, so why didn't he say "pick him by X round, or don't waste a pick"?