GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2009, 01:28 PM
WSI Regular

Default First Time Soxfest

Hey Guys,

This will be my first time at soxfest since I am from California and have been a sox fan since I was 5 (they were my tball team). My wife is also coming along.

Just wanted to see if you have any tips or tricks or simply pointers for managing my weekend at Soxfest. Thanks in advance.

Steve
Old 12-29-2009, 01:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

Be prepared for lots of long lines. If you are looking for autographs, its good to get there nice and early because they do strictly enforce the line limits. Also, depending on the seller, you might be able to find some nice memorabilia for either really cheap or ridiculously overpriced. I remember one year loading up on autographed baseball cards from Tony La Russa, Chet Lemon, etc for a dollar each, then coming back next year to find similar cards for $5 a piece.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:25 PM
New At WSI

Default Autograph question

I'm looking to get signatures on two jerseys from 2005 guys. Can anyone explain the way the autograph session works? Is there any chance of getting two from players (either at once or enough time to get in line twice)? Thanks for any info.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:30 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba3426 View Post
I'm looking to get signatures on two jerseys from 2005 guys. Can anyone explain the way the autograph session works? Is there any chance of getting two from players (either at once or enough time to get in line twice)? Thanks for any info.
The autograph sessions are in specific rooms, and the rooms open to the public about an hour before the player shows up and the session begins. Usually there are limits of 200-400 people, depending on the player. When you get in the line, you are given a wristband that gets you in to the line. However, once you get your wristband, you can't get any other autographs until you get to the end of the line you are in. So try to time when you get into the room so that you don't end up waiting an hour and a half for one autograph. A lot of times there are multiple players at one table.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:50 PM
New At WSI

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming it is one autograph per time through the line, right?
Old 12-29-2009, 05:17 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming it is one autograph per time through the line, right?
It depends. You can't bring in 4 or 5 balls for them to sign, but last year a bunch of players from the '59 team didn't object to an extra autograph for my dad, who was a huge fan of them. Probably no more than 2 though.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:44 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
If you are looking for 05 guys dont expect to get more than 1 at all...their lines will be packed especially since it will only be Buehrle (very very very tough to get at soxfest), AJ (huge fan favorite at soxfest), Paulie (fan favorite) and maybe Freddie (has he ever shown up?).....
Old 12-30-2009, 11:00 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by esbrechtel View Post
If you are looking for 05 guys dont expect to get more than 1 at all...their lines will be packed especially since it will only be Buehrle (very very very tough to get at soxfest), AJ (huge fan favorite at soxfest), Paulie (fan favorite) and maybe Freddie (has he ever shown up?).....
If Buehrle will be signing at all. He signed a contract after he threw his perfect game. I think that might supercede him signing at Sox events, although Im not 100% positive.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:16 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlaycard View Post
If Buehrle will be signing at all. He signed a contract after he threw his perfect game. I think that might supercede him signing at Sox events, although Im not 100% positive.
If I recall correctly, he can't sign anything specific to the perfect game...but he can still sign autographs.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:39 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch View Post
If I recall correctly, he can't sign anything specific to the perfect game...but he can still sign autographs.
What's that all about? Can you explain this?
Old 12-30-2009, 11:48 AM
WSI Personality

It means that he will only sign inscriptions about the perfect game through an outside contract he sigend (ie. Steiner Sports or whomever). So basically they paid Buerhle to have exclusive rights to anything signed about his perfect game. He can sign his name at Sox Fest but nothing about the PG. I believe someone bought the rights to him inscribing 45 Straight as well

JEFF

1.Cubs

3. Indians

2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox
Old 12-30-2009, 11:54 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzer31 View Post
It means that he will only sign inscriptions about the perfect game through an outside contract he sigend (ie. Steiner Sports or whomever). So basically they paid Buerhle to have exclusive rights to anything signed about his perfect game. He can sign his name at Sox Fest but nothing about the PG. I believe someone bought the rights to him inscribing 45 Straight as well

JEFF
Wow, that's weird stuff. What a joke.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:58 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzer31 View Post

JEFF
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he can still sign pictures of his perfect game, he just can't inscribe "Perfect Game" under his autograph???
Old 12-30-2009, 12:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvora View Post
Wow, that's weird stuff. What a joke.

Not sure what the "joke" about this is. Buers is cashing in on his acomplishment. Good for him.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTucker0814 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he can still sign pictures of his perfect game, he just can't inscribe "Perfect Game" under his autograph???

This should be correct (at least myself and I m sure 100's of others attending sox fest this year hope so) I had no problems getting him to sign pictures of the no hitter, and at that time he was contracted with Steiner so he could not inscribe anything regarding the game

sports memorbilia has become big business, I am glad the sox still have events like this and picnic in the park. Yes, there are lots of crowds and you will be waiting in some long lines, but is nice to have a chance to meet the players and get autographs in person, rather than buy then online or shell out big $$ for the dealer events that take place in Rosemont.
A swing, and a high fly ball, deep right center field. This is way back in the gap. And it's a goner! A White Sox winner! A winner on a Podsednik home run, and the White Sox go up two games to nothing in the 2005 World Series.

John Rooney October 23 rd 2005....happy 25th B-Day Nelfox02!!!