White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Rockabilly Rockabilly is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Fran and Chicago
Posts: 2,892
Default Question about our Minor League rankings

Does anyone know what our organzation and minor league systems ranks among the other MLB teams?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-13-2009, 06:33 PM
delben91 delben91 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabilly View Post
Does anyone know what our organzation and minor league systems ranks among the other MLB teams?
38th
__________________
I've been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-13-2009, 07:05 PM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 25,978
Default

I heard we moved up to 36th.
__________________

All hail The Rick
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Daver's Avatar
Daver Daver is offline
The Grand Wazoo
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SW Suburbs
Posts: 26,641
Blog Entries: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabilly View Post
Does anyone know what our organzation and minor league systems ranks among the other MLB teams?
As ranked by whom?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-14-2009, 09:37 AM
cws05champ cws05champ is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Del Boca Vista, Florida
Posts: 3,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabilly View Post
Does anyone know what our organzation and minor league systems ranks among the other MLB teams?
According to Baseball America the Sox minor league system moved up to 16th, and in a lot of articles they have been saying that the Sox system has improved even more possibly into the Top ten. That was before graduating Beckham/Getz/Richard and the trade of Poreda, Carter. My feeling is that we'll probably stay around the same, 15-19th in the rankings next year due to the overall improvement in the system and higher level hitters and the rapid ascent of Hudson....despite graduating players and the trades.
__________________

H2H1 Champion 2011, 2012
Dynasty Runner up 2012
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Rockabilly Rockabilly is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Fran and Chicago
Posts: 2,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws05champ View Post
According to Baseball America the Sox minor league system moved up to 16th, and in a lot of articles they have been saying that the Sox system has improved even more possibly into the Top ten. That was before graduating Beckham/Getz/Richard and the trade of Poreda, Carter. My feeling is that we'll probably stay around the same, 15-19th in the rankings next year due to the overall improvement in the system and higher level hitters and the rapid ascent of Hudson....despite graduating players and the trades.

thanks for the info.. I thought we were closer to the top 10 but saw an article that Keith Law had us around 22nd
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-14-2009, 10:10 AM
cws05champ cws05champ is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Del Boca Vista, Florida
Posts: 3,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabilly View Post
thanks for the info.. I thought we were closer to the top 10 but saw an article that Keith Law had us around 22nd
Reading Keith Law is your first mistake....Baseball America is the BOM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-14-2009, 10:12 AM
jabrch jabrch is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Highland Park, IL
Posts: 15,202
Default

These rankings are completely subjective and are relatively meaningless. That said, the consensus opinion seems that our farm is better than it was before - and that is good.
__________________
Ha Ha Ha!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Rockabilly Rockabilly is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Fran and Chicago
Posts: 2,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch View Post
These rankings are completely subjective and are relatively meaningless. That said, the consensus opinion seems that our farm is better than it was before - and that is good.
I believe our ratings will slip a little bit next year because of Beckham, Hudson and maybe Flowers & Danks being with the major league team
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-14-2009, 10:28 AM
cws05champ cws05champ is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Del Boca Vista, Florida
Posts: 3,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabilly View Post
I believe our ratings will slip a little bit next year because of Beckham, Hudson and maybe Flowers & Danks being with the major league team
I wouldn't count any of those guys being on the ML roster beside Beckham of course. Danks has regressed since coming off the DL, Flowers needs a full time role, and I believe the Sox will get a veteran for the 5th starter spot for at least the 1st half of next year. Pitching prospects can be great one year and not not so hot the next...no guarantees with any of them.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-14-2009, 10:36 AM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 25,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabilly View Post
I believe our ratings will slip a little bit next year because of Beckham, Hudson and maybe Flowers & Danks being with the major league team
Quote:
Originally Posted by cws05champ View Post
I wouldn't count any of those guys being on the ML roster beside Beckham of course. Danks has regressed since coming off the DL, Flowers needs a full time role, and I believe the Sox will get a veteran for the 5th starter spot for at least the 1st half of next year. Pitching prospects can be great one year and not not so hot the next...no guarantees with any of them.
Agreed, cws. Danks and Flowers will most likely be in Charlotte next year. Hudson might be here, but I'm thinking KW might try to sign a seasoned vet if the terms are reasonable.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Chisoxfn Chisoxfn is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: California
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
Agreed, cws. Danks and Flowers will most likely be in Charlotte next year. Hudson might be here, but I'm thinking KW might try to sign a seasoned vet if the terms are reasonable.
Flowers will be platooning in Chicago, getting AB's at 1st/DH/C. His bat is ready and the Sox like him a lot. It really will be a perfect way to get him acclimated to the majors, if they use him correctly.

The system ranks somewhere in the 15-20 range and that might change significantly depending on what happens. Carter/Poreda are gone, Beckham is at the big league level and right now there aren't a ton of guys from the most recent draft crop shooting up the ranks (Mitchell is legit but a lot of the other guys have a ton of question-marks and are raw...just like Mitchell is).

I'd say the jury is out but I wouldn't expect anything better than 15th and would be surprised with something around 20. Viciedo/Flowers/Hudson/Mitchell/Danks is a solid top 5 (in no particular order).

And you still have plenty of other solid arms like Leesman, Nunez, Shirek, Burdie, etc.
__________________
Dan Evans Sucks...I'll take Ken Williams any day of the week over that bum.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.