Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2009, 12:03 AM
WSI Regular

Default Im outraged... maybe you guys can help

ok so my little sis is 18 and her & her friends were at todays game and tailgating and her friends were drinking. My sister did not have a drop of alcahol but when the parking lot attendant drove by he confiscated her friends beer (which I do condone) and they took their tickets to the game including my sister's, they told her since she didn't drink she can drive her friends home.

well my sister had the pay stubs for the tickets on her so they were able to get back in. and they found that the lot attendant had scalped their tickets (for much more that they paid for them). after complaining they got other seats... but I just don't think thats good enough. anyone know some kind of number I can call. I don't condone underage drinking but lets face it, I did it when I was younger. should just call the customer service line or is there a more direct line I can call. just curious if anyone knows.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:16 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV2005 View Post
ok so my little sis is 18 and her & her friends were at todays game and tailgating and her friends were drinking. My sister did not have a drop of alcahol but when the parking lot attendant drove by he confiscated her friends beer (which I do condone) and they took their tickets to the game including my sister's, they told her since she didn't drink she can drive her friends home.

well my sister had the pay stubs for the tickets on her so they were able to get back in. and they found that the lot attendant had scalped their tickets (for much more that they paid for them). after complaining they got other seats... but I just don't think thats good enough. anyone know some kind of number I can call. I don't condone underage drinking but lets face it, I did it when I was younger. should just call the customer service line or is there a more direct line I can call. just curious if anyone knows.

What the hell did the game tickets have to do with anyhting that happened outside the park?

That's as bad as an officer pulling you over because of speeding to the game and then he takes your game tickets as punishment.

That makes no sense.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:30 AM
Official Professor

Who the hell is a parking-lot attendant to confiscate anything? They have no authority.

"Nellie Fox, that little son of a gun, was always on base and was a great hit-and-run man. He sprayed hits all over."
Yogi Berra in the New York Sunday News (July 12, 1970)
Old 06-27-2009, 01:38 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellie_Fox View Post
Who the hell is a parking-lot attendant to confiscate anything? They have no authority.
I agree. That's a new one on me.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:49 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

That really has nothing to do with what the actual problem is here. We all know that underage drinking is illegal. Whether or not you did it when you were underage or not, it's still illegal.

But the actual problem here is that some attendant took advantage of kids who obviously were caught offguard because of their illegal actions, by this I don't mean that they were drunk, although they may have been and I always find it obnoxious when anyone comes to a game already DRUNK. But being caught in that kind of position you sometimes just end up like a deer in headlights, not knowing how to react. Therefore the sneaky attendant caught them comitting an illegal action, and they were then the victims of other illegal actions perpetrated by the parking attendant .

Lessons to be learned:

1.) Don't break the law... Especially not in an open parking lot, I mean come on... It's common sense.

2.) Don't trust those God damn parking attendants with anything except directing you where to park. We're in a difficult time in our economy and a lot of those attendants do it as a part time job in combination with another job. It's times like these when people begin to scam and committ crimes just to get by.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:36 AM
WSI Church Elder

No lie, my little sister's friend had that happen to them about 2 weeks ago at a game. Like you said I don't condone underage drinking but it will happen. Regardless they took the whole groups of tickets (even though about 8 of the 12 weren't drinking) and told them to leave or they would get the police to give them underage drinking tickets. I thought the whole story was bs but at least I know it happened to other people. What gives the security the power to take game tickets when they are just going to go and sell them illegally?

2008 Sox Record 9-4

2008-09 Hawks Record 5-0
2009 Sox Record 5-2
2009-10 Hawks Record 2-0
2010 Sox Record 7-6
2010-11 Hawks Record 4-1
2011 Sox Record 8-9

Old 06-27-2009, 03:48 AM
WSI Regular

I thought stuff like this only happened at Wrigley field.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:01 AM
WSI's 2010 PTC Champion

A bit OT, but I've long found Sox parking-lot attendants to be really surly. So much so that, when I'm not with my kids, the prospect of dealing with them, even more than the $23 charge, gets me to park on the streets. (Well outside the no-parking zones, of course, and sometimes walking more than a mile each way to work off the churros . . .)
Old 06-27-2009, 06:35 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:

well my sister had the pay stubs for the tickets on her so they were able to get back in. and they found that the lot attendant had scalped their tickets (for much more that they paid for them). after complaining they got other seats...
what other seats? at a Cubs-Sox game?

I would call Fox news

Last edited by Brian26; 06-27-2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Fix quote marks
Old 06-27-2009, 06:44 AM
WSI Personality

I'm confused as to who confiscated the tickets. Was it somebody that takes the money, or was it a security guard in one of the golf carts? I was under the impression that the security guards in the carts are off-duty police officers.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:14 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 points View Post
I thought stuff like this only happened at Wrigley field.
Naw, it couldn't happen at Wrigley. No parking lots, so no parking attendants.

Other than the scammers who rent out their driveways and so forth.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:39 AM
WSI Personality

That really does stink. I agree with another poster in that I would call one of the local news outlets and see if they can do any investigating. I don't agree with the under age drinking either, but taking one's tickets because of it is going way overboard.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:57 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan21 View Post
That really does stink. I agree with another poster in that I would call one of the local news outlets and see if they can do any investigating. I don't agree with the under age drinking either, but taking one's tickets because of it is going way overboard.
I don't know them offhand, but maybe somewhere deep in the fine print there's a clause that reserves the right of any staff member to confiscate the tickets.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Banned

I assume the Sox subcontract security correct? If so, whats that company's name?
Old 06-27-2009, 08:02 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSox597 View Post
Naw, it couldn't happen at Wrigley. No parking lots, so no parking attendants.

Other than the scammers who rent out their driveways and so forth.
Yeah, a story in Wrigley would end with the tickets confiscated and the fans stuck in some non easy out parking lot.