Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Banned

Default White Sox 5th most expensive average ticket

However the Sox are $15 behind the Flubs.

The Yankees now own the #1 slot bolting past Boston

http://teammarketing.com.ismmedia.co...20FCI%2009.pdf
Old 04-03-2009, 01:18 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

It looks as though quite a few teams did hold the line on price increases as they held the line on salaries.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:38 PM
WSI Personality

$180 more for an average premium seat at wrigley than at The Cell, that's outrageous. Also, $25 to park at wrigley, for how many spots 15 or 20?
Old 04-03-2009, 01:46 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan21 View Post
$180 more for an average premium seat at wrigley than at The Cell, that's outrageous. Also, $25 to park at wrigley, for how many spots 15 or 20?
Yes, but where the heck are you supposed to park at Wrigley? I can see why it would be high, there isn't much space to park. But the Sox parking is $23 this year! That is outrageous!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:47 PM
WSI Prelate

When you look at this in a bit more detail, it is interesting...

What we don't have, that other franchises like the Cubs do have, is very cheap and very crappy seats. UD Reserved (500 level in the OF) at Wrigley are awful seats. For 62 games of the year, those tickets are $16-$20. (more for premium games, and $9 for crappy games in April). This varies greatly from their Field box (equivalent generally to our Lower Box) where they get about $70 which is about twice what we get. Our cheapest sites price the same as their cheapest...despite the huge gap in the better seats.

Maybe that's part of the answer? Lower the price of the Upper Reserved and raise the price of the premium lower box (where there are almost never any openings for ST) and the lower box (or at least tier that section....
Old 04-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch View Post
This varies greatly from their Field box (equivalent generally to our Lower Box) where they get about $70 which is about twice what we get. Our cheapest sites price the same as their cheapest...despite the huge gap in the better seats.
They only charge $70 on premier dates. We charge $52 for premier dates and that's not double in my book.

Jack up ticket prices
Slash payroll

/Jerry FTW
Old 04-03-2009, 02:16 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
What we don't have, that other franchises like the Cubs do have, is very cheap and very crappy seats. UD Reserved (500 level in the OF) at Wrigley are awful seats. For 62 games of the year, those tickets are $16-$20. (more for premium games, and $9 for crappy games in April). This varies greatly from their Field box (equivalent generally to our Lower Box) where they get about $70 which is about twice what we get. Our cheapest sites price the same as their cheapest...despite the huge gap in the better seats.
This is not entirely true. My wife has cubs season tickets in UD reserved and they are right next to the press box. They are awesome seats and they are the cheapest at Wrigley. Now, the seats in UD reserved past the bases are pretty crummy, but there are whole sections of seats up there that are very good seats.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:23 PM
WSI Personality

5 dollars for parking in washington...boy, wouldn't we all love that here
Old 04-03-2009, 02:31 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
What we don't have, that other franchises like the Cubs do have, is very cheap and very crappy seats. UD Reserved (500 level in the OF) at Wrigley are awful seats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegooch View Post
This is not entirely true. My wife has cubs season tickets in UD reserved and they are right next to the press box. They are awesome seats and they are the cheapest at Wrigley. Now, the seats in UD reserved past the bases are pretty crummy, but there are whole sections of seats up there that are very good seats.
I did specifically call out the crappy seats as 500 Level in the OF for that reason. I'd never sit up in the 500 level there - but I recognize there are some seats there that are not completely worthless. But the ones I mentioned - 500 in the OF, are awful - much worse than even the worst (non obstructed view) seat at Comiskey.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:32 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne030 View Post
Jack up ticket prices
Slash payroll

/Jerry FTW
I certainly would have loved to watch Quentin, Danks, and Floyd all walk once they hit free agency after we spent the '08-'09 off-season loading up on studs like Pat Burrell and Jon Garland.

2015 Obligatory Attendance/Record Tracker
1-2

LAST GAME: May 22 - Sox 3, Twins 2
NEXT GAME: June 8 - Sox vs. Astros
Old 04-03-2009, 02:37 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
I did specifically call out the crappy seats as 500 Level in the OF for that reason. I'd never sit up in the 500 level there - but I recognize there are some seats there that are not completely worthless. But the ones I mentioned - 500 in the OF, are awful - much worse than even the worst (non obstructed view) seat at Comiskey.
Agreed. 500 past the bases are worse than any seat at Comsikey.

I'm actually surprised that the cubs don't charge more for 500 level in between the bases. Seems like they are missing a way to rip off their customers even more.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Maybe that's part of the answer? Lower the price of the Upper Reserved and raise the price of the premium lower box (where there are almost never any openings for ST) and the lower box (or at least tier that section....
I don't mind this one bit. Let the first couple of rows be priced at a ridiculous amount, as long as you keep seats somewhere in the park affordable for families with kids who grow up to be your future fan base.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:44 PM
WSI Church Elder

It will be interesting to see how the prices of concessions actually compare on this chart. I know last year the prices for hot dogs and beer were significantly more than what this chart is listing. Unfortunately, I have to wait until the 14th to find out! At least I'm taking a night off from work to enjoy the day!
<font face=Fixedsys><font size=4><font color=teal><a href=http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3754&stc=1&d=1136225123 target=_blank>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...d=113622512  3</a></font></font></font>

Old 04-03-2009, 02:51 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsuck View Post
Yes, but where the heck are you supposed to park at Wrigley? I can see why it would be high, there isn't much space to park. But the Sox parking is $23 this year! That is outrageous!
Actually, Wrigley parking is very cheap - if you're willing to take a shuttle bus. Every year when I go to the Cubs-Sox series I park in the DeVry lot on Addison for $6, which includes a round-trip shuttle bus ticket for everyone in the car. The Sox parking is outrageous - only a few years ago I could always park a few blocks away & walk, but since that's been taken away I have no choice but to park in the lot.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:56 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven1 View Post
Actually, Wrigley parking is very cheap - if you're willing to take a shuttle bus. Every year when I go to the Cubs-Sox series I park in the DeVry lot on Addison for $6, which includes a round-trip shuttle bus ticket for everyone in the car. The Sox parking is outrageous - only a few years ago I could always park a few blocks away & walk, but since that's been taken away I have no choice but to park in the lot.
Really? Just last year, my dad and I parked away from the park before a game somewhere between IIT and the L stop.