White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2009, 06:12 PM
WSI Prelate

Default Sports Weekly's Top 100...

...Names you need to know in '09

Link

4 White Sox cracked the list.

16) Chris Getz

17) Clayton Richard

53) Dayan Viciedo

68) Lance Broadway

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Clubhouse or the minors, I just guessed.

"See you on a dark night."
Old 02-04-2009, 06:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Broadway? Really?
Old 02-04-2009, 08:08 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
Broadway? Really?
Well at 68, that is basically saying more than two rookies per team should be looked at before him. Seeing how there's really never even 50 rookies who make a real impact in the big in a single season, it's basically like saying, "this rookie is more likely to see more time in the majors than most."
Old 02-04-2009, 10:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

I think that the White Sox should consider acquiring Brian Barton, an OF in the Cardinals organization. His minor league numbers show that he may be a decent leadoff hitter at the big league level. In 153 AB last year with the big club, Barton posted a .354 OBP. He looks like he has 30 double, 6+ triple potential with probably <10 HR. He could steal 20-30 bases in a full season.

I don't know how he is in the field, but I don't think he'd be any worse than Owens.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:21 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillen4life13 View Post
I think that the White Sox should consider acquiring Brian Barton, an OF in the Cardinals organization. His minor league numbers show that he may be a decent leadoff hitter at the big league level. In 153 AB last year with the big club, Barton posted a .354 OBP. He looks like he has 30 double, 6+ triple potential with probably <10 HR. He could steal 20-30 bases in a full season.

I don't know how he is in the field, but I don't think he'd be any worse than Owens.
Is he the astrophysicist or the NASA internship guy?
Old 02-12-2009, 03:21 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo Barcelo View Post
Is he the astrophysicist or the NASA internship guy?
Yeah. From the U also. I used to be a computer lab user assistant in the college of engineering labs and he was in there all the time during spring '06. I talked to him a few times and he mentioned he was an Jndians farm hand and was finishing his Aerospace Engineering degree.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:18 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillen4life13 View Post

Maybe we should, since he is so good they listed him twice (at 70 and 91).
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell
Old 02-12-2009, 03:11 PM
WSI High Priest

This isn't a top prospect list, but a top rookie list, so basically we aren't sitting very pretty.

Last edited by Domeshot17; 02-12-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:35 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
This isn't a top prospect list, but a top rookie list, so basically we aren't sitting very pretty.
There are only a few teams that are 'sitting pretty' according to this list, and they were all not very good last year.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
It's not really even a top rookie list. It's names you should know because they'll be playing this year. It might be good to know them and it might be bad. It's guys they think will be playing, whether they deserve to or not....