White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Banned

Default Khalil Greene headed to mystery team. Could it be the Sox?

The NY Post says Greene is on the verge of being traded, but the team is a mystery. The Orioles and Tigers are mentioned, obviously, but could the Sox be in on this? Kenny likes to work fast and could he all ready be spinning some of the Swisher/Vazquez parts to SD? We could keep Alexei at 2B or move Greene to 2B and Alexei to SS or Alexei to CF. This is all pure speculation on my part, but who knows. His power would play well at US Cellular if he could stay healthy. Thoughts?

Last edited by MHOUSE; 12-03-2008 at 11:33 PM. Reason: forgot the link
Old 12-03-2008, 11:36 PM
WSI Church Elder

I hope not. His hair is not welcomed in chicago. And his strikeout or homerun offense isn't either I don't think.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:36 PM
WSI Personality

Im going to quote the late great, colonel sanders when I say
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken." Please don't ever, and I mean ever post a trade rumor with Greene and the Sox in the same sentence again. Ever.

Treasurer of the Alexei Ramirez Fan Club
Old 12-03-2008, 11:37 PM
WSI Regular

Pass.... career OBP of .304
Old 12-03-2008, 11:41 PM
WSI Prelate

It's a guy Kenny has been rumored as going after before...and we all know about Kenny and getting his guy.

But we have so many infielders right now, I don't think Kenny would be after him still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan88 View Post
Pass.... career OBP of .304
Isn't Khalil Greene basically a white Juan Uribe, with more pop? He'd be acquired for his defense more than anything.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:43 PM
WSI Prelate

Doubtful.

"See you on a dark night."
Old 12-03-2008, 11:45 PM
WSI High Priest

10:41pm: Sherman has an update: the Padres are closing in on a deal that will send Greene to the Cardinals.

Crisis Averted
Old 12-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
10:41pm: Sherman has an update: the Padres are closing in on a deal that will send Greene to the Cardinals.

Crisis Averted
Oh well. I just moved to St. Louis, so the crisis will be listening to Cardinal fans ooh and ahh over him. Barf.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:52 PM
btrain929

Maybe this will open up the Pads to lower their offer from the Braves for Peavy so they can get Escobar.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:58 PM
WSI Guru

But you can't surf on the Mississippi!
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:59 PM
WSI Church Elder

Padres offered Greene to the O's for Garrett Olson, Orioles said no.
If the O's change their mind and deal Olsen for Greene, does that mean the Cubs are out of the Peavy picture?
It also sounds like a second "third team" is being rumored in the Cubs/Padres/third team talks for Peavy.

Towers is dragging this out for way too long. But then again it's not his fault, it's safe to assume that if the Braves were willing to give Peavy a full no-trade clause and Peavy OK'd a move to Atlanta, Towers would've made the move already. I just hope his hand isn't forced and he has to trade Peavy to the Cubs for a lot less than what he wanted.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:13 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSoxFan84 View Post
Padres offered Greene to the O's for Garrett Olson, Orioles said no.
If the O's change their mind and deal Olsen for Greene, does that mean the Cubs are out of the Peavy picture?
It also sounds like a second "third team" is being rumored in the Cubs/Padres/third team talks for Peavy.

Towers is dragging this out for way too long. But then again it's not his fault, it's safe to assume that if the Braves were willing to give Peavy a full no-trade clause and Peavy OK'd a move to Atlanta, Towers would've made the move already. I just hope his hand isn't forced and he has to trade Peavy to the Cubs for a lot less than what he wanted.
I'm 90-95% sure Peavy is not going to the Cubs. They have **** to offer for him, Towers isn't going to accept **** just because the Cubs are the only ones making offers.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:29 AM
WSI Church Elder

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, the Padres have dealt Greene to the St. Louis Cardinals.

Tom K. From the Union-Tribune also said that this trade may help the Padres keep Peavy around.

I still see him getting dealt but at least now Towers has some breathing room and won't have to move Peavy just for the sake of clearing salary.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:07 AM
WSI Church Elder

The Padres might go after OC. Also, the Braves trade package makes so much sense for San Diego now. If Atlanta gives Peavy the no-trade, I could see it happening. I'm sure the Braves would prefer Peavy over Burnett.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:30 AM
btrain929

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeter View Post
The Padres might go after OC. Also, the Braves trade package makes so much sense for San Diego now. If Atlanta gives Peavy the no-trade, I could see it happening. I'm sure the Braves would prefer Peavy over Burnett.
The only thing they have going for them in OC's eyes is they are on the West Coast. They are trying to dump salary, so I doubt a 3 year deal is something they'd want to offer OC. Unless Cabrera accepted a 2yr/9mil contract, but I highly doubt that. He could just accept arbitration from us and make more than that in 1 year here. I'd like to see him sign with DET or MIN so I'd have 1 more reason to boo him.