White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2008, 01:02 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty9800 View Post
Any talk about switching the scoreboard with one of the center ad banners so it'll be less obscured by the Fundamentals Deck? :(
There was some talk of this occuring this offseason....at least the out of town scoreboard but as of yet, nothing has been done and there is no work going on inside the park with the exception of normal maintenance.

The demo crew worked late into the night last night and got the east access ramp done and had the road cleared early this morning. As I understand it they are well within the timeframe given to them to complete the demo. It is a tough one too because they had to delicately pick the ramp structure apart so as to not damage the escalator super-structure.

BTW, if you get to the clubhouse sale this weekend Dec. 5,6,7 (consult that thread for times) take a look at the project. It really opened up the north end of the parking lot for the time being. Also bring the kids and get a picture on the field with all the snow, ought to be great for a holiday (Christmas) picture card. Advance tickets go on sale tomorrow for $5, a donation to CWSC, and a credit toward a purchase there. Enough advertising, hope I don't get stung for spamy. LOL
Old 12-03-2008, 08:06 AM
WSI Church Elder

These "renovation threads" each off season really help pass time each winter.

It appears we will have minor changes next season, however I'm hoping that the what appears to be the SOX dragging their feet on the concourse scoreboards may in fact be the result of a planned larger renovation.

I would love to see the lattace iron framework replaced with brick arches similar to the Old Comiskey design and then have the new scoreboards installed.

I remember a few years ago, when the player profile pictures displayed on the CF scoreboard had what looked like a brick arch/church looking background. I was hoping that was a teaser on a future renovation.

The Cell is quietly turning into a world-class ballpark and I'm positive the SOX brass are aware that the current scoreboard situation is not world-class. If not, they will next year when the renovated Royals ballpark is finished.

Last edited by Red Barchetta; 12-04-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:14 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Barchetta View Post
The Cell is quietly turning into a world-class ballpark and I'm positive the SOX brass are aware that the current scoreboard situation is not world-class. If not, they will next year when the renovated Royals ballpark is finished.
I hadn't realized that Kaufman was undergoing renovation. In many ways the Cell is based on Royals Stadium (without that tacky fountain luckily), so anything that happens there may inform what they continue to do here.

In general I like the Cell more than Kaufman, but the original principle was similar - a suburban stadium surrounded by oceans of parking lots, a wrap-around upper deck that ends at the foul poles. The Cell's original bullpens were situated the same way they are at Kaufman.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:22 AM
WSI Church Elder

They showed the torn up park multiple times during the Royals vs. Sox Broadcasts....that new scoreboard is MONEY (to quote Swingers)
Old 12-03-2008, 05:38 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by esbrechtel View Post
They showed the torn up park multiple times during the Royals vs. Sox Broadcasts....that new scoreboard is MONEY (to quote Swingers)
I guess I didn't notice. Too busy hoping Javy would have a decent start!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:30 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:

I think this might be the most excitement we get all offseason, sad to say.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:54 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNS View Post
I guess I didn't notice. Too busy hoping Javy would have a decent start!
They also have some nice renovation design photos/drawings on the Royals website. Nice park!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:29 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by skobabe8 View Post
I'm not sure who appointed you the official spokesman of the white sox fanbase. Alot of people want a nicer team store, including me. Check this thread alone. Many new stadiums have teamstores that are open on non-game days. St. Louis, San Fran and Milwaukee off the top of my head have some really nice ones. Ours lacks in comparison.
You are right. Most other ballparks have the Cell beat in that category. Heck, ours is one step up from the one at Silver Cross Field in Joliet,lol.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:32 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxrepublican View Post
I can say I do agree with you, we could use some upgraded fan shops, (FYI, our shop is open all season, I think 9-5 every day), But what I dont agree with is some of these people who want a whole plaza with bars, a mall, and all kinds of crazy ****. Another resterant-bar like the bullpen, would be cool, and a better fan shop would be nice, too.
Quote:
( I encorouge people to by Sox stuff at the park b/c the sox get 100% of profit) And this is MY opinion, its cool if you disagree with me.
The prices are more jacked up at the ballpark.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:31 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxpride724 View Post
The prices are more jacked up at the ballpark.
Yeah, your right. But sometimes you can find a deal, or some stuff is only 1 or 2 bucks more, and I would rather give my money to the sox than lets say Sports Authorty, the main sponser of the other Chicago baseball club. I usually buy my sox crap on sale at stores, but try to by directly from the sox.
American League Champions:
1906, 1917, 1919, 1959, 2005
World Series Champions:
1906, 1917, 2005
Old 12-08-2008, 12:14 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxrepublican View Post
Yeah, your right. But sometimes you can find a deal, or some stuff is only 1 or 2 bucks more, and I would rather give my money to the sox than lets say Sports Authorty, the main sponser of the other Chicago baseball club. I usually buy my sox crap on sale at stores, but try to by directly from the sox.
You should be banned!

haha I'm just kidding, but those two words never belong in the same sentence let alone right next to each other...
Old 12-08-2008, 09:02 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:

I would love to see the lattace iron framework replaced with brick arches similar to the Old Comiskey design and then have the new scoreboards installed.

I posed something similar to Brooks a few weeks ago, but my idea was a little different. The window design was part of multi-level outfield concourse. He said that was I was proposing would be way too expensive.

But here is my crude design that I came up with about 6-7 years ago. Maye with enough input we could have some tye of arch design out there. It would really help make the side of the park facing the expy more attractive, as well as the inside of the park of course. We had a similar thread regarding this. Some really great ideas.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...=103430&page=4
Old 12-14-2008, 10:55 AM
WSI Regular

Anything new goin' around the park?
Old 12-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Banned

last year

now
Old 12-14-2008, 12:47 PM
WSI Personality

Hey guys, what are they doing in Lot A? I was on the Metra last week and seen theres some kind of construction going on in the lot. Sorry for asking this question even though its prolly been answered already, but it would take 3 hours to read all the posts in the two threads.