White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-18-2008, 01:38 PM
spiffie spiffie is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: W. Edgewater - Chicago
Posts: 5,854
Default 27-Game Plan Getting to Buy Extra Postseason Tickets?

Mods, wasn't sure if this belonged in Clubhouse or Ticket Exchange.

I know this is likely ludicrous, but a friend of mine who is a full-season ticket holder related this exchange he says he had with someone who is a 27 game ticket holder. "He asked where our seats were and I told him we were full season, not 27 game. He then told me that he got to buy 4 tickets but that they weren't the same 2 seats plus 2 more somewhere else. He got to buy 4 for at least the ALDS and they were all in the upper deck. It really annoys me that we full season ticket holders cannot order more tickets for the post season. But 27 game plan ticket holders can."

I suspect that there is just confusion here about a guy who either is lying or just not being clear about what tickets he bought, but as a 27-game plan holder myself I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard anything like this. Anyone?




Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Meixner007 Meixner007 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Armitage & Sheffield Area
Posts: 998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffie View Post
Mods, wasn't sure if this belonged in Clubhouse or Ticket Exchange.

I know this is likely ludicrous, but a friend of mine who is a full-season ticket holder related this exchange he says he had with someone who is a 27 game ticket holder. "He asked where our seats were and I told him we were full season, not 27 game. He then told me that he got to buy 4 tickets but that they weren't the same 2 seats plus 2 more somewhere else. He got to buy 4 for at least the ALDS and they were all in the upper deck. It really annoys me that we full season ticket holders cannot order more tickets for the post season. But 27 game plan ticket holders can."

I suspect that there is just confusion here about a guy who either is lying or just not being clear about what tickets he bought, but as a 27-game plan holder myself I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard anything like this. Anyone?




No option like that for me.
__________________


Forget quotations, tell me what you know.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-18-2008, 01:58 PM
salty99 salty99 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,391
Default

Me either.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Chez's Avatar
Chez Chez is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Clarendon Hills
Posts: 6,385
Default

Unlikely. I'm a full season ticket holder and was not offered (unlike in past seasons) an option to purchase more tickets. In fact, my rep told me that there would be no such opportunity.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Lundind1 Lundind1 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 838
Blog Entries: 11
Default

We still have many season ticket holders on the roster, so extra's are at a premium. All major packages got their post season option, whatever that may have been.

Technically, I have my full season package and I also have a 27-gamer for my dad, and neither one of them had the option under the same account. I don't see that scenario as being correct with the extra's. If it is, then why didn't all the others get a crack at it also???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-18-2008, 03:41 PM
jabrch jabrch is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Highland Park, IL
Posts: 15,202
Default

No such thing exists as per my Rep. I hold fulls and 27s and wasn't offered any extra.
__________________
Ha Ha Ha!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-18-2008, 06:46 PM
dllrbll7 dllrbll7 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Des Plaines IL
Posts: 1,039
Default

I have heard if you have seats that MLB wants for the post season(ie by the dugout etc) that they would offer to relocate you and let you buy extra playoff tickets. This was a few years ago though.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-18-2008, 07:01 PM
champagne030 champagne030 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Yorkville
Posts: 3,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllrbll7 View Post
I have heard if you have seats that MLB wants for the post season(ie by the dugout etc) that they would offer to relocate you and let you buy extra playoff tickets. This was a few years ago though.
Additional tickets are available. It's not on a form, are very limited and is handled on a case by case basis.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Lundind1 Lundind1 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 838
Blog Entries: 11
Default

Just got a notice from whitesox.com for FULL season ticket holders only. Full package holders get the opportunity to purchase up to 2 more seats for any ALDS game in the presale. You should get a presale code in your email for the tickets and details on how/when to order them.

They said that any orders exceeding the limit of two (2) for the whole series will be cancelled.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Jpgr91 Jpgr91 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 582
Default

I am a 27 game season ticket holder, and I recieved an email giving me the oportunity to purchase ALDS tickets.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Lundind1 Lundind1 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 838
Blog Entries: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpgr91 View Post
I am a 27 game season ticket holder, and I recieved an email giving me the oportunity to purchase ALDS tickets.
Do you get them on tuesday or some other day??
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-19-2008, 06:02 PM
fox23 fox23 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundind1 View Post
Do you get them on tuesday or some other day??
Mine say Tuesday. (27 game plan)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Jerko Jerko is offline
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 10,582
Default

I got my "last chance to register" email today, but don't remember getting anything before today (I have the weekend 27 game plan)
__________________
Playoffs? PLAYoffs?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Meixner007 Meixner007 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Armitage & Sheffield Area
Posts: 998
Default

Just got an email for the opportunity to purchase up to 2 at 10 am on Tuesday. I'm a 27 game holder.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-19-2008, 07:03 PM
chisoxfanatic's Avatar
chisoxfanatic chisoxfanatic is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Body is in Chicago. Mind is in Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 26,921
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meixner007 View Post
Just got an email for the opportunity to purchase up to 2 at 10 am on Tuesday. I'm a 27 game holder.
Did you fill out that lottery application at Whitesox.com? I didn't get that email, and I'm a 27-gamer as well.
__________________
2017-2018 Blackhawks Attendance Record: 20-20-5

States Visited: 41
Next Up: North Dakota in May
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.