White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2008, 05:06 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch View Post
He's been hitting all along. He's "finally" starting to show power. And by "finally" you mean after 64 ABs in Great Falls and going straight to Kanny and having a whole 157 ABs there. And by "finally hitting", you mean that he has tore up GF (.375/.437/.438) and is consistently hitting in the Sally league (.287/.351/.420)

That said, he is showing power and looking solid, but he is a long way (2 years) from being close to the big leagues.
By "finally" he also means he never showed power in college, either. I guess that doesn't matter, though...
Old 08-25-2008, 05:14 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch View Post
He's been hitting all along. He's "finally" starting to show power. And by "finally" you mean after 64 ABs in Great Falls and going straight to Kanny and having a whole 157 ABs there. And by "finally hitting", you mean that he has tore up GF (.375/.437/.438) and is consistently hitting in the Sally league (.287/.351/.420)

That said, he is showing power and looking solid, but he is a long way (2 years) from being close to the big leagues.
Yes I was referring more to the power than anything. And yes I know he had limited power in college, but he also has the frame to put on significant muscle mass in my opinion. He has a very good, "line drive" swing IMO and while I don't see him as a 30 to 40 HR guy, I don't think 20 plus is unreasonable.

Again, all this may be moot. As has been said, he's AT LEAST 2 years away and who knows if he'll even stay in this organization.

Shoeless Joe Jackson: The first two were high and tight, so where do you think the next one's gonna be?
Archie Graham: Well, either low and away, or in my ear.
Shoeless Joe Jackson: He's not gonna wanna load the bases, so look low and away.
Archie Graham: Right.
Shoeless Joe Jackson: But watch out for in your ear.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Banned

So who is this Kuhn kid? Hes been doing pretty damn good so far. Is he supposed to have good major league potential? Ive never really heard anything about him before.