White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2008, 01:18 PM
WSI Church Elder

I'm surprised people don't ask for social security numbers for verification of scoops. People here have higher standards than most newspapers.

“If Brian Anderson would have played every day last year, he would have hit about .275 and would have hit 25 home runs, I don't think you can disagree with that.” -Kenny Williams, GM of the Chicago White Sox.
IN KENNY WE TRUST
2008 Chicago White Sox Season: "Brian? Hello..."
2009 Chicago White Sox Season: merit means nothing. Bring on WISE!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Banned

if anyone wants to do some research if I do have a source within the AZ organzation. Their is another Sox fan website and where I gave the info about Vazquez coming to the Sox for Chris Young and Orlando Hernandez 2 days before the trade went down...

Just because im lucky enough to have a good friend in the baseball industry that gives me some inside info, i guess alot of people on this board is jealous...
Old 08-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabilly View Post
Just because im lucky enough to have a good friend in the baseball industry that gives me some inside info, i guess alot of people on this board is jealous...
Just ignore them. Who cares what people think? Just post what you know. As long as you're not making stuff up (and based on what I've read you're not) then you are doing the board a service.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2906 View Post
Just ignore them. Who cares what people think? Just post what you know. As long as you're not making stuff up (and based on what I've read you're not) then you are doing the board a service.
Agree 100%
Old 08-12-2008, 01:41 PM
New At WSI

I know what its like guys, I am actually a big fan of the Orioles (as hard as it may be) and they have a board orioleshangout.com that I frequent all the time. I always like the 'insider' info they pass along and I have a connection in the clubhouse there as well but I don't in the FO. Anyway, I don't get worked up when people tend to challenge you on things. Heck, I understand, I just joined today to pass this along. I do expect some good info going forward from the FO in Chicago however.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:15 PM
New At WSI

I hope that the Beckham signing is true because this kid going to be real real good a Michael Young/Ian Kinsler type of player. I wouldnt be surprised to see him on the 2010 team!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 02:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
I hope that the Beckham signing is true because this kid going to be real real good a Michael Young/Ian Kinsler type of player. I wouldnt be surprised to see him on the 2010 team!!!
I think if he does sign he will need more than a year and this final couple of weeks left in the minors. I expect him to be on this team for sure in 2011 with a possible 2010 september call up
Old 08-12-2008, 02:51 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogosox16 View Post
I think if he does sign he will need more than a year and this final couple of weeks left in the minors. I expect him to be on this team for sure in 2011 with a possible 2010 september call up
The good thing about drafting a college position player this high is that you expect him to be ready and performing in short order. 2010 or 2011 at the latest. Looking forward to confirmation on this signing.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:30 AM
btrain929

So about this getting announced today.....

Any updates, JamMaster?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:47 AM
WSI High Priest

All I know is Mark Gonzalez's White Sox blog, posted last night, said Beckham was still unsigned. I hope we hear something today.

Shoeless Joe Jackson: The first two were high and tight, so where do you think the next one's gonna be?
Archie Graham: Well, either low and away, or in my ear.
Shoeless Joe Jackson: He's not gonna wanna load the bases, so look low and away.
Archie Graham: Right.
Shoeless Joe Jackson: But watch out for in your ear.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:58 AM
New At WSI

I was told yesterday that it may not go public until Thursday. Stay tuned, I am also trying to get the terms.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:05 AM
btrain929

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamMaster View Post
I was told yesterday that it may not go public until Thursday. Stay tuned, I am also trying to get the terms.
Any additional updates/details are absolutely appreciated. Keep up the good work, friend! Tell your friend in the FO to give you the juicy money figures involved
Old 08-13-2008, 11:12 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
if anyone wants to do some research if I do have a source within the AZ organzation. Their is another Sox fan website and where I gave the info about Vazquez coming to the Sox for Chris Young and Orlando Hernandez 2 days before the trade went down...

Rock, I appreciate your posts as much as anyone else here at WSI, but you need to stop these posts feeling sorry for yourself - you're not doing yourself any favors. Keep in mind that the majority of people appreciate you sharing the info you get, and don't worry about being so defensive about the naysayers. No one is going to build you a monument on a message board, I'm sure you realize that. When more of your posts are of the defensive, "you guys are just jealous" type than they are about actually sharing knowledge or opinions, that's when the tide around here will really turn against you, trust me...
Old 08-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Banned

SS Gordon Beckham, Chicago White Sox
Talks between the two sides are ongoing, and no one has indicated that Beckham won't sign. It's a bit of a gamble on Beckham's part, but it appears he's waiting as long as possible and learning what the market will bear before grabbing what he can from the Sox.

from MLB.COM
Old 08-13-2008, 11:24 AM
btrain929

Quote:
SS Gordon Beckham, Chicago White Sox
Talks between the two sides are ongoing, and no one has indicated that Beckham won't sign. It's a bit of a gamble on Beckham's part, but it appears he's waiting as long as possible and learning what the market will bear before grabbing what he can from the Sox.

from MLB.COM
Well I like hearing that in comparison to Yonder Alonso who said returning to Miami is "50/50."