White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-25-2005, 10:23 AM
pinotgrigio pinotgrigio is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 21
Default forecast is not looking good

Looks like hurricane Rita might have something to say about today's game. What happens if this game gets rained out??
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-25-2005, 10:30 AM
OutcastRadio OutcastRadio is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinotgrigio
Looks like hurricane Rita might have something to say about today's game. What happens if this game gets rained out??
Since you have no open dates left between now and the end of the season, it gets cancelled.

But if the margin between you and Cleveland (or the wild card team, etc) ends up .5 games, today's game will have to be played on Monday, October 3rd.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-25-2005, 10:44 AM
downstairs downstairs is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 4,682
Default

I just hope we get a lead early, in case its called later on and it counts...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-25-2005, 10:45 AM
harwar harwar is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Lake Mills,Wisconsin
Posts: 3,316
Default

The radar doesn't look promising with rain coming up from the south and in from the northwest.We really need to get this game in.
They may be playing in the rain on and off all day and even with R.B. great field,its going to be a mess.
__________________
Strong Pitching .. Solid Defense
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-25-2005, 10:48 AM
LaHerdiaGrande35 LaHerdiaGrande35 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bankston, Iowa
Posts: 76
Default

Yeah, it's not looking good for you guys. I live in NE Iowa and right now at 9:49 it's absolutely pouring and usually when it rains here it ends up hitting Chicago 3 or 4 hours later, which is just around gametime. Not looking good
__________________

Once A Sox, always a Sox
Heres to the Big Hurt, The best Sox there ever was
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-25-2005, 10:54 AM
cubhater cubhater is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bridgeport
Posts: 728
Default

It's already starting to drizzle in Bridgeport. They'll be lucky to get this game in today based on the forecast.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-25-2005, 11:00 AM
LaHerdiaGrande35 LaHerdiaGrande35 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bankston, Iowa
Posts: 76
Post Not Good

It's poured all night here too, so I don't think there's any chance of getting the first five innings in. Right now it is absolutely pouring here
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-25-2005, 11:07 AM
hose's Avatar
hose hose is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutcastRadio
Since you have no open dates left between now and the end of the season, it gets cancelled.

But if the margin between you and Cleveland (or the wild card team, etc) ends up .5 games, today's game will have to be played on Monday, October 3rd.
Johan Santana will get the start.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-25-2005, 11:11 AM
harwar harwar is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Lake Mills,Wisconsin
Posts: 3,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose
Johan Santana will get the start.
He is scheduled to start The last game of the season,of course he could get another blister and would have to be held back a day just to face us.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-25-2005, 11:13 AM
voodoochile's Avatar
voodoochile voodoochile is offline
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 55,354
Blog Entries: 9
Default

The Sox control whether the game is canceled until the first pitch is thrown. Look for them to wait a LONG time before canceling if the game has any chance to be played later in the day. I remember that happening a long time ago when the Sox had no future home games with the team in question and the commish told them they could either play it on an open date they both had or make it up at the other team's stadium. The other team refused to play on the open date - they had that right because of CBA issues with too many consecutive games and the Sox kept them at the park until 7PM on a game that was supposed to start at 1. It still got canceled in the end, but it does lead to interesting possibilities today...
__________________

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-25-2005, 11:18 AM
hose's Avatar
hose hose is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,832
Default

I'll have to dig out my old Sony Watchman and bring it to the game so I can watch the Bears during the rain delay theater.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-25-2005, 11:19 AM
cubhater cubhater is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bridgeport
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile
The Sox control whether the game is canceled until the first pitch is thrown. Look for them to wait a LONG time before canceling if the game has any chance to be played later in the day. I remember that happening a long time ago when the Sox had no future home games with the team in question and the commish told them they could either play it on an open date they both had or make it up at the other team's stadium. The other team refused to play on the open date - they had that right because of CBA issues with too many consecutive games and the Sox kept them at the park until 7PM on a game that was supposed to start at 1. It still got canceled in the end, but it does lead to interesting possibilities today...
IIRC it was a Texas game in 1990.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-25-2005, 11:21 AM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 27,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaHerdiaGrande35
It's poured all night here too, so I don't think there's any chance of getting the first five innings in. Right now it is absolutely pouring here
Maybe the system will run out of energy.
For those of us going, pack a lot of food......
__________________


2020....2020.....2020....2020....2020.....
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-25-2005, 11:28 AM
OutcastRadio OutcastRadio is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwar
He is scheduled to start The last game of the season,of course he could get another blister and would have to be held back a day just to face us.
If a game gets cancelled, Minnesota would most likely push every starter back a slot, and Santana would pitch the extra game. You don't skip a starter just because his date got rained out, so the math would push him to the extra game.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-25-2005, 11:30 AM
voodoochile's Avatar
voodoochile voodoochile is offline
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 55,354
Blog Entries: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutcastRadio
If a game gets cancelled, Minnesota would most likely push every starter back a slot, and Santana would pitch the extra game. You don't skip a starter just because his date got rained out, so the math would push him to the extra game.
That might depend on their relationship with Santana. If they are trying to get him to a certain number of wins or starts for his personal stats, they might push him up if it means getting in a second start guaranteed.

If Monday's game becomes moot, they won't get a chance to play him, so they will do what they can to take care of their team ace and not worry about a possibility that might never exist.

Also, if the Sox are UP 1/2 game and the Jndjans are the WC candidate, no reason to play it because even if the Sox lose, they still get the division title...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.