White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
And away we go...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-25-2017, 12:25 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 31,504
Default Tilson update...

Tells Scot Gregor of Baseball America that even though he played some games in the Instructional League this month ankle surgery is still a possibility and that all he can do is take it one day at a time.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...on-royals.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-25-2017, 12:31 PM
guillensdisciple guillensdisciple is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Tells Scot Gregor of Baseball America that even though he played some games in the Instructional League this month ankle surgery is still a possibility and that all he can do is take it one day at a time.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...on-royals.html
Can we please let it go with this guy? Let him play when he can, but we can't rely on anything from him.
__________________
http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-25-2017, 02:59 PM
Noneck Noneck is offline
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nw Side
Posts: 10,437
Default

The Sox didnt give up much for this guy, he was basically a crap shoot and turned up snake eyes. Oh well.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-10-2017, 06:33 AM
Grzegorz Grzegorz is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Western Suburbs
Posts: 2,896
Default

fyi...

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/261155...g-game-in-afl/
__________________
ďThere were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. Georgeís great strength was he didnít overcoach. Thereís no place for panic on the mound.Ē - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger ďArms and the man,Ē Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-10-2017, 03:57 PM
rdivaldi rdivaldi is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chicago - South Loop
Posts: 4,291
Default

Absolutely rooting for this guy. Probably won't have a starting role with this club once the top prospects arrive, but he can play and be a very valuable 4th OF asset.
__________________
<a href=http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3256 target=_blank>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...achmentid=3256</a>

March 16, 2005 - Another happy Sox fan joins the party!
July 6, 2012 - 7 years later he's still part of it...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-10-2017, 09:51 PM
hdog1017 hdog1017 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 906
Default

He's been injured 110% of the time he's been in the White Sox organization
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-11-2017, 01:36 AM
DrCrawdad DrCrawdad is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Valley Of The Malls
Posts: 8,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi View Post
Absolutely rooting for this guy. Probably won't have a starting role with this club once the top prospects arrive, but he can play and be a very valuable 4th OF asset.
Absolutely! I donít get the anti Tilson comments on WSI.
__________________

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-11-2017, 05:05 AM
Grzegorz Grzegorz is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Western Suburbs
Posts: 2,896
Default

If he can stay healthy he can help this team.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-11-2017, 09:28 AM
SI1020 SI1020 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Deep in the heart of Dixie
Posts: 5,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
Absolutely! I donít get the anti Tilson comments on WSI.
I think it's just that some don't think the guy can stay healthy. Count me as one of them. Of course I hope he stays healthy and shows that he belongs.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-11-2017, 09:50 AM
DrCrawdad DrCrawdad is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Valley Of The Malls
Posts: 8,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
I think it's just that some don't think the guy can stay healthy. Count me as one of them. Of course I hope he stays healthy and shows that he belongs.
Clearly Tilson's had injuries which have kept him off the field. I want to see what Tilson can do on the field and the injuries have delayed that. So yes, I'm frustrated but I imagine that Tilson's the most frustrated. The guy wants to play baseball. Does anyone think Tilson's making up or exaggerating the injuries? Did Tilson sign a guaranteed contract and then sit out "babying" some fake injuries?

He had a very brief moment with the Sox and since then has been stymied by injuries. I'm glad to see Tilson's fought thru the injuries and rehab and is back on the field. Good luck to him.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Andrew C White Andrew C White is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
Clearly Tilson's had injuries which have kept him off the field. I want to see what Tilson can do on the field and the injuries have delayed that. So yes, I'm frustrated but I imagine that Tilson's the most frustrated. The guy wants to play baseball. Does anyone think Tilson's making up or exaggerating the injuries? Did Tilson sign a guaranteed contract and then sit out "babying" some fake injuries?

He had a very brief moment with the Sox and since then has been stymied by injuries. I'm glad to see Tilson's fought thru the injuries and rehab and is back on the field. Good luck to him.
None of that is the point. And the sentiment isn't "anti-Tilson" it is simply that the guy is a non-factor until he shows he can stay on the field. I hope he gets and stays healthy too but he won't even be counted in my personal projections for the team until he shows he can stay healthy. All of that is compounded by the fact that his primary tool is speed and all his injuries have been to his legs. History shows that does not bode well for him.

I wish him well but until I start seeing him on the field regularly he doesn't count.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-11-2017, 11:56 AM
A. Cavatica A. Cavatica is offline
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
If he can stay healthy he can help this team.
If he can stay healthy and he hasn't lost his speed.

He's a legitimate centerfielder, lefthanded, has a better bat than Adam Engel and Jacob May, and stole 46 bases in 2015. He will be 25 when the season starts, so it's make or break time, but even so he is a year younger than Engel and May.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-11-2017, 01:19 PM
Hitmen77 Hitmen77 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi View Post
Absolutely rooting for this guy. Probably won't have a starting role with this club once the top prospects arrive, but he can play and be a very valuable 4th OF asset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
Absolutely! I donít get the anti Tilson comments on WSI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
He had a very brief moment with the Sox and since then has been stymied by injuries. I'm glad to see Tilson's fought thru the injuries and rehab and is back on the field. Good luck to him.
I agree. Yes, we all know his frustrating battle with injuries since his one game with the Sox last August (2016), but I'm not writing him off either. It's not unheard of that a player comes back from a set back like this to eventually become a decent player.

We're in rebuild anyway, no reason to be impatient with him right now and to totally rehash the "always injured/can't count on him" posts over and over again. Needless to say, 2018 will be a big year for him to see if he can finally play injury free.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-12-2017, 03:55 AM
Falstaff Falstaff is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Humboldt County
Posts: 493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdog1017 View Post
He's been injured 110% of the time he's been in the White Sox organization
Yes this is the perfect time for Tilson to put it all together and contribute at big league level. Watch for Sox to have a real dynamic outfield before long. Tilson Jimenez Avi Robert Delmonico. Are the depth order at this time I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-12-2017, 09:40 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 14,543
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
If he can stay healthy and he hasn't lost his speed.

He's a legitimate centerfielder, lefthanded, has a better bat than Adam Engel and Jacob May, and stole 46 bases in 2015. He will be 25 when the season starts, so it's make or break time, but even so he is a year younger than Engel and May.
Maybe, but Tilson's minor league offensive stats aren't overly impressive.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.