Soxogram: 
And away we go...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2017, 12:25 PM
WSI Guru

Default Tilson update...

Tells Scot Gregor of Baseball America that even though he played some games in the Instructional League this month ankle surgery is still a possibility and that all he can do is take it one day at a time.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...on-royals.html
Old 10-25-2017, 12:31 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Tells Scot Gregor of Baseball America that even though he played some games in the Instructional League this month ankle surgery is still a possibility and that all he can do is take it one day at a time.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...on-royals.html
Can we please let it go with this guy? Let him play when he can, but we can't rely on anything from him.

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:59 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

The Sox didnt give up much for this guy, he was basically a crap shoot and turned up snake eyes. Oh well.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:33 AM
WSI Church Elder

fyi...

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/261155...g-game-in-afl/
ďThere were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. Georgeís great strength was he didnít overcoach. Thereís no place for panic on the mound.Ē - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger ďArms and the man,Ē Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Old 11-10-2017, 03:57 PM
WSI Church Elder

Absolutely rooting for this guy. Probably won't have a starting role with this club once the top prospects arrive, but he can play and be a very valuable 4th OF asset.

March 16, 2005 - Another happy Sox fan joins the party!
July 6, 2012 - 7 years later he's still part of it...
Old 11-10-2017, 09:51 PM
WSI Personality

He's been injured 110% of the time he's been in the White Sox organization
Old 11-11-2017, 01:36 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi View Post
Absolutely rooting for this guy. Probably won't have a starting role with this club once the top prospects arrive, but he can play and be a very valuable 4th OF asset.
Absolutely! I donít get the anti Tilson comments on WSI.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 11-11-2017, 05:05 AM
WSI Church Elder

If he can stay healthy he can help this team.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:28 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
I think it's just that some don't think the guy can stay healthy. Count me as one of them. Of course I hope he stays healthy and shows that he belongs.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:50 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
I think it's just that some don't think the guy can stay healthy. Count me as one of them. Of course I hope he stays healthy and shows that he belongs.
Clearly Tilson's had injuries which have kept him off the field. I want to see what Tilson can do on the field and the injuries have delayed that. So yes, I'm frustrated but I imagine that Tilson's the most frustrated. The guy wants to play baseball. Does anyone think Tilson's making up or exaggerating the injuries? Did Tilson sign a guaranteed contract and then sit out "babying" some fake injuries?

He had a very brief moment with the Sox and since then has been stymied by injuries. I'm glad to see Tilson's fought thru the injuries and rehab and is back on the field. Good luck to him.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:49 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Clearly Tilson's had injuries which have kept him off the field. I want to see what Tilson can do on the field and the injuries have delayed that. So yes, I'm frustrated but I imagine that Tilson's the most frustrated. The guy wants to play baseball. Does anyone think Tilson's making up or exaggerating the injuries? Did Tilson sign a guaranteed contract and then sit out "babying" some fake injuries?

He had a very brief moment with the Sox and since then has been stymied by injuries. I'm glad to see Tilson's fought thru the injuries and rehab and is back on the field. Good luck to him.
None of that is the point. And the sentiment isn't "anti-Tilson" it is simply that the guy is a non-factor until he shows he can stay on the field. I hope he gets and stays healthy too but he won't even be counted in my personal projections for the team until he shows he can stay healthy. All of that is compounded by the fact that his primary tool is speed and all his injuries have been to his legs. History shows that does not bode well for him.

I wish him well but until I start seeing him on the field regularly he doesn't count.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:56 AM
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
If he can stay healthy he can help this team.
If he can stay healthy and he hasn't lost his speed.

He's a legitimate centerfielder, lefthanded, has a better bat than Adam Engel and Jacob May, and stole 46 bases in 2015. He will be 25 when the season starts, so it's make or break time, but even so he is a year younger than Engel and May.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I agree. Yes, we all know his frustrating battle with injuries since his one game with the Sox last August (2016), but I'm not writing him off either. It's not unheard of that a player comes back from a set back like this to eventually become a decent player.

We're in rebuild anyway, no reason to be impatient with him right now and to totally rehash the "always injured/can't count on him" posts over and over again. Needless to say, 2018 will be a big year for him to see if he can finally play injury free.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:55 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdog1017 View Post
He's been injured 110% of the time he's been in the White Sox organization
Yes this is the perfect time for Tilson to put it all together and contribute at big league level. Watch for Sox to have a real dynamic outfield before long. Tilson Jimenez Avi Robert Delmonico. Are the depth order at this time I guess.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:40 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
If he can stay healthy and he hasn't lost his speed.

He's a legitimate centerfielder, lefthanded, has a better bat than Adam Engel and Jacob May, and stole 46 bases in 2015. He will be 25 when the season starts, so it's make or break time, but even so he is a year younger than Engel and May.
Maybe, but Tilson's minor league offensive stats aren't overly impressive.