White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
And away we go...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-25-2017, 12:21 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 31,508
Default ESPN does it yet again...

Forgetting the Sox and then quickly deleting the mistake.

There's a story in the Chicago Tribune sports section today about it.

Those clowns never learn do they?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-25-2017, 12:34 PM
thomas35forever's Avatar
thomas35forever thomas35forever is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lombard
Posts: 26,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Forgetting the Sox and then quickly deleting the mistake.

There's a story in the Chicago Tribune sports section today about it.

Those clowns never learn do they?
This happens when your outlet cares more about landing its next Lavar Ball interview than getting simple facts correct. The recent layoffs don't exactly help.
__________________
Consistency lost
If found, please return to 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago. Generous reward offered.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-25-2017, 12:40 PM
rdivaldi rdivaldi is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chicago - South Loop
Posts: 4,291
Default

At this point they're doing it on purpose (trolling)....
__________________
<a href=http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3256 target=_blank>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...achmentid=3256</a>

March 16, 2005 - Another happy Sox fan joins the party!
July 6, 2012 - 7 years later he's still part of it...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-25-2017, 12:46 PM
esbrechtel esbrechtel is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Western Suburbs
Posts: 5,003
Default

This is the third mistake ESPN has made correct?

First was the "Chicago hasn't won a title in baseball in over 100 years"

Second was the "This will be the first World Series game in Chicago since the 40s"

and now this one...

that's brutal!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-25-2017, 12:48 PM
jdm2662 jdm2662 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lombard, IL
Posts: 9,021
Default

I've been ESPN free since 2004. Glad I haven't missed much.

They are still mad the Sox beat them so their beloved Red Sox dream of repeating didn't happen...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-25-2017, 12:50 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 31,508
Default

Oh they've made a bunch more:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/r...gory=2&id=3016
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-25-2017, 01:35 PM
guillensdisciple guillensdisciple is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2662 View Post
I've been ESPN free since 2004. Glad I haven't missed much.

They are still mad the Sox beat them so their beloved Red Sox dream of repeating didn't happen...
It's a joke sports service completely committed to the current trend in our country of lowest common denominator TV viewing. AKA, reality tv type entertainment.

The only use I find is ESPNFC. Their soccer service is void of their usual garbage since soccer isn't really that big in the states yet.

Sooner or later, though, I am sure they will ruin it too.
__________________
http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-25-2017, 02:23 PM
jdm2662 jdm2662 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lombard, IL
Posts: 9,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
It's a joke sports service completely committed to the current trend in our country of lowest common denominator TV viewing. AKA, reality tv type entertainment.

The only use I find is ESPNFC. Their soccer service is void of their usual garbage since soccer isn't really that big in the states yet.

Sooner or later, though, I am sure they will ruin it too.
If they are broadcasting a game I want to watch, then I watch. But, that's it. And, that is limited these days since my interest in sports is much lower than it used to be.

I should say I did watch NFL Prime Time in 2005. That was the last year for it since NBC took over Sunday night football.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-25-2017, 02:26 PM
Hitmen77 Hitmen77 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esbrechtel View Post
This is the third mistake ESPN has made correct?

First was the "Chicago hasn't won a title in baseball in over 100 years"

Second was the "This will be the first World Series game in Chicago since the 40s"

and now this one...

that's brutal!
Back in 2006, they had an online poll for every 4-sport major league city asking fans who their favorite local team was. Their Chicago poll omitted the White Sox altogether. They just listed Cubs, Bears, Bulls, and Blackhawks .....and the Sox were reigning World Series champs at the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2662 View Post
I've been ESPN free since 2004. Glad I haven't missed much.

They are still mad the Sox beat them so their beloved Red Sox dream of repeating didn't happen...
Who could forget this classic call on ESPN from the '05 ALDS?
"Ohhhhh Noooooooo!!!!!!! Everybody's safe! "
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-25-2017, 03:17 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 31,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
Back in 2006, they had an online poll for every 4-sport major league city asking fans who their favorite local team was. Their Chicago poll omitted the White Sox altogether. They just listed Cubs, Bears, Bulls, and Blackhawks .....and the Sox were reigning World Series champs at the time!
Scott Reifert of the Sox front office had the classic reply:

“ESPN is still probably mad that the White Sox eliminated their Red Sox in 2005…”

They listed the Blackhawks who were brutal at the time as well as one of their four choices.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-25-2017, 07:31 PM
SOXSINCE'70 SOXSINCE'70 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: DEERFIELD
Posts: 5,307
Disagree

I was in Philly with my dad Monday night.We decided to watch the Eagles/'Skins game with the volume up. I regretted the decision.

Piece of **** network.Glad I don't watch often. Just sickening what they've become even BEFORE the layoffs.
__________________
White Sox Baseball - Turning teetotalers into alcoholics since 1901.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-25-2017, 07:38 PM
Dick Allen Dick Allen is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Arlington Heights
Posts: 3,478
Default

It's really uncanny that this crap not only happened once, but continues to happen. But of course, the dim witted general public will think that Sox fans are just too sensitive.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-25-2017, 07:41 PM
chisoxfanatic's Avatar
chisoxfanatic chisoxfanatic is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Brent Seabrook's guest room
Posts: 26,780
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esbrechtel View Post
This is the third mistake ESPN has made correct?

First was the "Chicago hasn't won a title in baseball in over 100 years"

Second was the "This will be the first World Series game in Chicago since the 40s"

and now this one...

that's brutal!
Don't forget the image they showed on Sports Center last year during the World Series that compared the number of championships Chicago and Cleveland had won in a 30-year period. They listed the Blackhawks, Bulls, and Bears titles. But, they didn't even list the White Sox.
__________________
2017-2018 Blackhawks Attendance Record: 12-6-2

Next Game: 12/17 vs. Minnesota Wild
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-25-2017, 09:10 PM
thomas35forever's Avatar
thomas35forever thomas35forever is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lombard
Posts: 26,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXSINCE'70 View Post
I was in Philly with my dad Monday night.We decided to watch the Eagles/'Skins game with the volume up. I regretted the decision.

Piece of **** network.Glad I don't watch often. Just sickening what they've become even BEFORE the layoffs.
What exactly happened that pissed you off?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-25-2017, 09:44 PM
sullythered sullythered is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Oak Lawn, IL
Posts: 4,393
Default

Even aside from my frustration that they continually forget about my favorite pro sports team, ESPN is pretty irrelevant in today's landscape. I guess I the channel is on my TV if the Bears are playing on a Monday night, but otherwise, why are they even a thing? The internet takes care of all the stuff Sportscenter used to do, and then some, and their other "shows" are just people who don't seem to enjoy sports very much yelling at each other. No thanks.
__________________
And on the 8th day, God created churros.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.