White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2017, 06:16 PM
WSI Church Elder

Jimimez, Almora, Candelaria, Cease

I'd rather do Soto, Kieboom to Washington for Robertson!
Old 03-16-2017, 02:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

I do not see any scenario where the cubs would give up the needed pieces for this to make a trade good for both teams.

I don't trust their pitching prospects and I'd want either Almora or Schwarber. They've made it clear Schwarber not an option in any trade and i think they need Almora with the departure of Fowler.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:29 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdelaney72 View Post
I do not see any scenario where the cubs would give up the needed pieces for this to make a trade good for both teams.

I don't trust their pitching prospects and I'd want either Almora or Schwarber. They've made it clear Schwarber not an option in any trade and i think they need Almora with the departure of Fowler.
I'm a little confused by you saying Almora or Schwarber would have to be included. I understand wanting to get Schwaber, but Almora is a B prospect at this point, and might not develop into more than a 4th outfielder. He'd be a third name in a trade like this, not a centerpiece. Jimenez is a legit power prospect, and Happ looks like he has a chance to be really good too. Almora isn't more than their 3rd or 4th best position player prospect right now.

Last edited by Sargeant79; 03-17-2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:03 PM
WSI Prelate

I'd do Schwarber plus a either Jimenez or Happ.

Cubs and Yankees are the only teams I'd be willing to do a 2 for 1 on. That's how top heavy their talent is.

Torres + Frazier

Another 2 for 1 but not as close to those would be Meadows + Glassnow. Although Glassnow's control issues would be worrying.

The Astros top 2 not even close.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargeant79 View Post
I'm a little confused by you saying Almora or Schwarber would have to be included. I understand wanting to get Schwaber, but Almora is a B prospect at this point, and might not develop into more than a 4th outfielder. He'd be a third name in a trade like this, not a centerpiece. Jimenez is a legit power prospect, and Happ looks like he has a chance to be really good too. Almora isn't more than their 3rd or 4th best position player prospect right now.
A b prospect cf who is major league ready with plus defense is nothing to turn your nose up at imo. B prospects are good prospects, especially if they are b prospects upon reaching the major league level. Obviously he alone would not be enough though.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:35 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
A b prospect cf who is major league ready with plus defense is nothing to turn your nose up at imo. B prospects are good prospects, especially if they are b prospects upon reaching the major league level. Obviously he alone would not be enough though.
I agree. He fills a hole in the team. And if he can competently fill a hole, particularly at a premium defensive position, on the team then, as you build a few star players around him, he is an asset and not a liability.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:45 PM
WSI Prelate

Old 03-20-2017, 01:04 PM
Winner WSI 2015 NFL Pick'em contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post

You rang??
Old 03-20-2017, 01:08 PM
Winner WSI 2015 NFL Pick'em contest

I don't see Almora being more than the 3rd piece in a deal involving Quintana. Defense is nice, but guys who can go and get it, but don't profile as terribly valuable offensively can be found for much less than Q (or within our own system already, if you just want a guy who can patrol CF).

Realistically, Happ and Jimenez would need to be included. This is all fun hypothetical arguing, but I don't see such a deal ever happening.