White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 01:44 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Blisters usually aren't that big of a deal unless they keep coming back. If so, he may have to stop using a particular pitch that's causing it.
Cub fans tell me he has 36 different pitches (35 are called "fastball"), so giving up one won't cause them to cry in their beers.....

Old 03-20-2019, 02:45 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1
I recently saw a story (non-Chicago based) that said they could have the best starting rotation in the National League.
If Lester is vintage Lester, Darvish is vintage Darvish, and Quintana is vintage Quintana, they probably would have the best rotation in the NL. However, unless “Genius” Joe can block off Clark St. and get the DeLorean up to 88 mph, I don’t see it happening.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:59 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
If Lester is vintage Lester, Darvish is vintage Darvish, and Quintana is vintage Quintana, they probably would have the best rotation in the NL. However, unless “Genius” Joe can block off Clark St. and get the DeLorean up to 88 mph, I don’t see it happening.
Where he's going, they don't need "roads"
Old 03-24-2019, 02:35 AM
WSI Personality

Ian Happ starting season at AAA. I remember the worship from the media to start the season with him last year.

CUBS SUCK

White Sox Fans, knowing more about baseball and the cubs than their own fans since 1901.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:24 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC727 View Post
Ian Happ starting season at AAA. I remember the worship from the media to start the season with him last year.
I'd take him straight up for Carson Fulmer right now.
“There were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. George’s great strength was he didn’t overcoach. There’s no place for panic on the mound.” - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger “Arms and the man,” Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Old 03-24-2019, 12:10 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC727 View Post
He is the next Schwarber.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:40 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

LOL Cubs hung 24 on the Padres today.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 03-26-2019, 07:16 AM
Co-Winner WSI 2016 NFL Pick'em contest

https://theathletic.com/882881/2019/...eir-edge-back/

This story on the Cubs FO in the athletic is interesting. Basically reads like Theo and Hoyer and going to be micromanaging Maddon all season. Sounds like there's a decent chance that Maddon doesn't last the season if they struggle.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:50 PM
WSI Guru

Baez homers twice in a Flubbies rout. Don't think we'll be seeing them fall out of contention this season, hope as we might.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:20 PM
WSI Guru

They didn't have any trouble scoring runs today although they actually have a good hitting lineup.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:01 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX View Post
https://theathletic.com/882881/2019/...eir-edge-back/

This story on the Cubs FO in the athletic is interesting. Basically reads like Theo and Hoyer and going to be micromanaging Maddon all season. Sounds like there's a decent chance that Maddon doesn't last the season if they struggle.

What if the Cubs do not struggle? Did they write about that scenario?
Old 03-29-2019, 11:40 AM
WSI Personality

In reading a lot of predictions in the Athletic along with MLB network and MLB network radio, the NL central is all over the place. The entire division is competitive.

While the cub supporters continue to rant how the team is healthy now and even with no off-season moves, they are the best team, no one seems to mention that the entire division has improved. Even the bottom feeder Reds and Pirates are much improved. Another discussion in the Athletic was on Baez. Based on advanced metrics, Baez has no chance in hell of repeating last year, but then again, this is why they play the games.

I'm no Joey the Clown fan but based on this past offseason, it really seems like he's the scapegoat if the cubs fall. I don't feel this is deserved.

I think the ultimate deciding factor on the division is Paul Goldschmidt. That move by the Cardinals made them the favorite (In my opinion).

I also think, while the media and cub fans will be beating their chests on how the cubs beat up on the juggernaut Texas Rangers, the real test is going to be when they play intradivision teams or contending teams.

As a baseball fan, the NL Central and NL East are going to be a lot of fun to watch with the competitiveness.

BASEBALL IS HERE!!!!!
Old 03-31-2019, 12:08 AM
WSI High Priest

Well that was an epic meltdown tonight by the cubbies

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 03-31-2019, 12:12 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
I'll be really curious if they are having issues mid season if the Ricketts' will bite the bullet and go over the Luxury Tax threshold more by trying to get additional talent at the deadline. They, Boston (naturally) and the Yankees (naturally) are over the threshold according to what I read a few days ago.
Old 03-31-2019, 05:56 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
I'll be really curious if they are having issues mid season if the Ricketts' will bite the bullet and go over the Luxury Tax threshold more by trying to get additional talent at the deadline. They, Boston (naturally) and the Yankees (naturally) are over the threshold according to what I read a few days ago.

"The Rangers had 11 hits, but also drew 12 walks. Cubs starter Yu Darvish walked a career-high seven in just 2 2/3 innings, the shortest regular-season start of his career. The Rangers kept the pressure on the Cubs’ bullpen and finally broke through late."

https://www.mlb.com/news/joey-gallo-...ngers-comeback

An acquaintance of mine went down to Arlington to visit some other friends, all big Cub fans and to go to the game. His biggest concern before the season started was pitching.
Closed Thread