GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2018, 08:42 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Who did the Sox call up to replace Delmonico and Fulmer?
Covey and Roindon

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 05-20-2018, 09:30 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
I don't care that he's the worst fielder of the two for 2018.

The Sox aren't trying to win Ovbiously.

But I need to figure out if perhaps I can count on Davidson to hold his own at 3B if he needs to be there the next few seasons.

Delmonico's unjury opens up a spot in LF to experiment with Yolmer.

The Sox neee to use this lost season to experiment. Plain and simple.
They do, but in the case of Yolmer, I'd rather see him concentrate on hitting. some improvements there will make him a big + infielder; trying to learn a new position will detract from that and he'll likely never be a + outfielder (even if he handles it defensively).
I like the idea of Davidson playing both first and third; the Sox will need him, but just aren't sure where yet. They really should trade Abreu in July, opening up a spot there.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:09 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Who did the Sox call up to replace Delmonico and Fulmer?
Jose Rondon and Dylan Covey.

274-237.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:09 PM
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
They do, but in the case of Yolmer, I'd rather see him concentrate on hitting. some improvements there will make him a big + infielder; trying to learn a new position will detract from that and he'll likely never be a + outfielder (even if he handles it defensively).
I like the idea of Davidson playing both first and third; the Sox will need him, but just aren't sure where yet. They really should trade Abreu in July, opening up a spot there.
Yolmer's good enough to start at second base or even shortstop for a number of teams. He's versatile, but he's not a utilityman. I think it would be a bonehead move to start giving him reps in the outfield -- it would be my biggest complaint about Renteria so far.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
Yolmer's good enough to start at second base or even shortstop for a number of teams. He's versatile, but he's not a utilityman. I think it would be a bonehead move to start giving him reps in the outfield -- it would be my biggest complaint about Renteria so far.

Moving Sanchez to the outfield means this team's management has no focus or clue.
“There were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. George’s great strength was he didn’t overcoach. There’s no place for panic on the mound.” - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger “Arms and the man,” Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Old 05-20-2018, 01:24 PM
WSI Personality

Avisail has not started a rehab assignment and Delmonico is out for two months.

Jose Bautista just got released by the Braves. If you’re Rick Hahn, do you extend him an offer? He would likely get consistent at-bats and would be a flip candidate for a contender if he’s productive.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:13 PM
WSI High Priest

Hawk and Stone announced today that Avi has experienced a set-back and won't be ready until late June/early July.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehoser
Jose Bautista just got released by the Braves. If you’re Rick Hahn, do you extend him an offer? He would likely get consistent at-bats and would be a flip candidate for a contender if he’s productive

I think the team simply will continue to play the bad outfielders they already have on hand.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:37 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
Hawk and Stone announced today that Avi has experienced a set-back and won't be ready until late June/early July.
And with that I think we can put to rest any chance of trading him for anything at the deadline and I suspect his days with the White Sox are numbered. I can't imagine them re-signing him, not with his track record for production and staying healthy.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:59 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
And with that I think we can put to rest any chance of trading him for anything at the deadline and I suspect his days with the White Sox are numbered. I can't imagine them re-signing him, not with his track record for production and staying healthy.
He's not a FA next season. He's got one more year of arbitration left.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:54 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
He's not a FA next season. He's got one more year of arbitration left.
I know, I was talking about the 2020 season when his deal is up in 2019. As Hawk would say, "He Gawn!" Another big disappointment.

Talked with the trainer friend of mine and he mentioned that if they are giving him injections right now (which the Sox announced they are doing) and telling him to take the next 2-3 weeks off, the hamstring isn't healing like it should.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:37 PM
WSI Prelate

Rodon will make his next rehab start on Thursday for Charlotte:

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/...364213248?s=21
Old 05-21-2018, 08:31 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
I know, I was talking about the 2020 season when his deal is up in 2019. As Hawk would say, "He Gawn!" Another big disappointment.

Talked with the trainer friend of mine and he mentioned that if they are giving him injections right now (which the Sox announced they are doing) and telling him to take the next 2-3 weeks off, the hamstring isn't healing like it should.
Doctors don't make such definitive statements about someone they never examined. They usually say words like "maybe" and "possibly." Without seeing the charts and examining the patient, there are too many unknowns for a third party to say with such certainty what is happening to the patient.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:53 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleHoser View Post
Avisail has not started a rehab assignment and Delmonico is out for two months.

Jose Bautista just got released by the Braves. If you’re Rick Hahn, do you extend him an offer? He would likely get consistent at-bats and would be a flip candidate for a contender if he’s productive.
Bautista signed a contract in Mid-April and has gone on to slash .143/.250/.343 in 40 plate appearances for the Braves. He has struckout 12 times which is more than his hits and walks combined (10). He's 37 years old. He's done.

Last edited by kobo; 05-21-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:27 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
Doctors don't make such definitive statements about someone they never examined. They usually say words like "maybe" and "possibly." Without seeing the charts and examining the patient, there are too many unknowns for a third party to say with such certainty what is happening to the patient.
The fact that he isn't expected back now until late June / early July says that something's not right though. Correct? The Sox gave out the facts on his update and logically it's pretty clear something isn't right or progressing along the lines of the way it should in "normal" cases.

I don't think what my trainer friend had to say was wrong based on what the Sox themselves revealed.