White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 05-18-2018, 01:32 PM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 27,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Why do you put anything related to injuries in quotes like the Sox are lying?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Because those are the "direct" quotes from Hahn, not me saying it in a recap. Hahn is the expert on these matters not me. I didn't want anyone thinking this was my opinion of the situation, was quoting him directly.

No snark there Brian.
Soft tissue injuries are very difficult to prognosticate with 100% precision. That is why the reports seem to be all over the map and vague.
__________________


2020....2020.....2020....2020....2020.....
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-18-2018, 01:40 PM
LoveYourSuit LoveYourSuit is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,997
Default

The biggest bummer (no pun intended) to me has been these injuries. Way so more than the ML results.

So glad to see some of these guys moving forward and getting close.

The Burger one is the one that really hurts, Twice. Not only for his development pace but also for his long term outlook at 3B, a huge position of need down the line. With a traumatic lower body injury at that position (need quick feet), I don't think he'll stick there. Even when drafted healthy there were doubts he could stick.


But think of this: Rodon, Robert, Hansen were "A" list prospects coming in which still have not participated in games. This is huge to finally get these guys back soon.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-18-2018, 02:09 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 33,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
The biggest bummer (no pun intended) to me has been these injuries. Way so more than the ML results.

So glad to see some of these guys moving forward and getting close.

The Burger one is the one that really hurts, Twice. Not only for his development pace but also for his long term outlook at 3B, a huge position of need down the line. With a traumatic lower body injury at that position (need quick feet), I don't think he'll stick there. Even when drafted healthy there were doubts he could stick.


But think of this: Rodon, Robert, Hansen were "A" list prospects coming in which still have not participated in games. This is huge to finally get these guys back soon.
In 2020 Davidson may be the Sox starting 3rd baseman if they can't sign a FA for that position.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-18-2018, 03:00 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 33,314
Default

And here's another injury update. This one on Burdi and it appears to be good:

"Zack Burdi … OK, Hahn didn’t give an update on him in this session, but Erik asked about him on the Patreon Request Line, and Hahn has said before that Burdi could be ready for game action by the All-Star break. That’d be roughly a year after he underwent Tommy John surgery."

This is from the Sox Machine web site. I'm assuming that's minor league game action.

A trainer told me the timeline would be typical, about one year for UCL surgery.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-18-2018, 03:15 PM
LoveYourSuit LoveYourSuit is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
In 2020 Davidson may be the Sox starting 3rd baseman if they can't sign a FA for that position.
I like Yolmer Sanchez, but I'm not trying to win games today. I don't need to have his defense there for 2018. Give me Davidson at 3B 80% of the games the rest of the way.

If he's average there with the glove and holds a +.850 OPS, we can all live with that.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-18-2018, 06:04 PM
ChiTownTrojan ChiTownTrojan is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
I like Yolmer Sanchez, but I'm not trying to win games today. I don't need to have his defense there for 2018. Give me Davidson at 3B 80% of the games the rest of the way.

If he's average there with the glove and holds a +.850 OPS, we can all live with that.
This is getting a bit off topic, but I'm confused... you want Davidson to be the primary 3B, and Yolmer to be at DH? How do you justify putting the worse fielder in the field on a regular basis? Just because he needs more practice?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-18-2018, 07:03 PM
Grzegorz Grzegorz is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Western Suburbs
Posts: 4,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
The biggest bummer (no pun intended) to me has been these injuries. Way so more than the ML results.

I wonder if anyone, reporter that is, asked why so many injuries?
__________________
“There were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. George’s great strength was he didn’t overcoach. There’s no place for panic on the mound.” - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger “Arms and the man,” Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-18-2018, 11:40 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 33,314
Default

More on Burdi from Scott Merkin:

"Friday marked Burdi's fourth bullpen session of approximately 20 pitches off the mound at Camelback Ranch, and it was focused on fastballs, although he has incorporated sliders during warmups. Those lessons learned Burdi spoke of range from pitching mechanics to off-the-field preparation.

"I've really condensed my delivery, shortened my arm action," Burdi said. "I'm kind of getting away from that side-to-side and getting more over the ball and getting when my arm comes out of my glove, getting up higher and not dropping it down and having this big loop and being late on my ball."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-19-2018, 05:36 AM
Grzegorz Grzegorz is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Western Suburbs
Posts: 4,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
More on Burdi from Scott Merkin:

"Friday marked Burdi's fourth bullpen session of approximately 20 pitches off the mound at Camelback Ranch, and it was focused on fastballs, although he has incorporated sliders during warmups. Those lessons learned Burdi spoke of range from pitching mechanics to off-the-field preparation.

"I've really condensed my delivery, shortened my arm action," Burdi said. "I'm kind of getting away from that side-to-side and getting more over the ball and getting when my arm comes out of my glove, getting up higher and not dropping it down and having this big loop and being late on my ball."

Interesting, after he turned pro would a change in his pitching mechanics have lessened the chance for this injury?


The off the field preparation is what gets me. Did the organization provide an initial OTF program? One that preceded the injury? Or was the OTF program part of an amended OTF program due to the Tommy John surgery he had on his arm?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-19-2018, 12:54 PM
LoveYourSuit LoveYourSuit is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
This is getting a bit off topic, but I'm confused... you want Davidson to be the primary 3B, and Yolmer to be at DH? How do you justify putting the worse fielder in the field on a regular basis? Just because he needs more practice?
I don't care that he's the worst fielder of the two for 2018.

The Sox aren't trying to win Ovbiously.

But I need to figure out if perhaps I can count on Davidson to hold his own at 3B if he needs to be there the next few seasons.

Delmonico's unjury opens up a spot in LF to experiment with Yolmer.

The Sox neee to use this lost season to experiment. Plain and simple.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-19-2018, 11:10 PM
KenBerryGrab KenBerryGrab is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Madison, Wis.
Posts: 2,596
Default

From ESPN notes: "LHP Carlos Rodon (offseason shoulder surgery) began a rehab assignment Saturday night with Class-A Kannapolis. He allowed one run on three hits in five innings."
__________________
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/signaturepics/sigpic10044_1.gif
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-20-2018, 12:33 AM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 33,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
From ESPN notes: "LHP Carlos Rodon (offseason shoulder surgery) began a rehab assignment Saturday night with Class-A Kannapolis. He allowed one run on three hits in five innings."
Struck out six.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-20-2018, 12:39 AM
shes shes is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Struck out six.

And walked none
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-20-2018, 05:27 AM
Grzegorz Grzegorz is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Western Suburbs
Posts: 4,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
In 2020 Davidson may be the Sox starting 3rd baseman if they can't sign a FA for that position.

There is a lot of road to travel until the White Sox FO reaches that conclusion.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-20-2018, 09:05 AM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
Winner 2016 WSI Preseason Prediction Contest
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 15,836
Default

Who did the Sox call up to replace Delmonico and Fulmer?
__________________

Go Sox!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.