Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2018, 04:23 AM
Winner 2016 WSI Preseason Prediction Contest

I feel like when teams create their own network like this a lot of cable providers refuse to carry it as part of standard packaging so the games are only available to like a third of the market. With more and more customers cutting the cord, I can't imagine cable companies would look forward to adding the cost of a Cubs only network into their packages. But what the hell do I know?

Go Sox!!!
Old 07-06-2018, 08:27 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSox597 View Post
I'd be happy to see the north siders on their own channel / network. Hopefully, they'll take their cheerleaders with them when they leave NBC/Comcast Sports however it's called.

If the rumor is true, that will be one less reason to watch WGN. The only channel with more commercials is AMC. Other than the Sox and some Hawks games they have nothing to draw my attention. Lose those, and they're not worth tuning in.
I could be wrong but wouldn’t broadcast TV have to air more commercials to make up for not getting cable/satellite subscription revenue like other stations? I have no stats if WGN shows more commercials during their regular TV, but I would venture going to commercial with Sox games is more based on the standard breaks in the game.

Good for any of these teams if they can get a huge deal. With the current state of affairs for our team, we may benefit from a volume partnership with the Bulls and Hawks to be the “Big 3” of programming for a station like NBC sports. Until we’re back in the playoff picture after a long layoff, I can’t see us as a huge draw.