Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2018, 07:53 PM
WSI High Priest

The schedule has been released.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/fans/soxfest/schedule
Robin!

Yaz! Pliers!

"Robin Ventura has one thing Ozzie does not have -- CLASS!" ~My dad, in response to seeing the Sox commercials that featured Robin, 03.08.12

Old 01-23-2018, 09:15 PM
WSI Personality

What about Danks? Why isn't he a returning Sox legend? 2008 blackout game.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:06 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
I'll be there all weekend, most likely adding nothing of value to the conversation.
So what else is new? JK JK, see you there.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:04 PM
WSI Personality

Sold out, oh well, wasn't going to be able to make it this year anyway.

Have fun to all!

I guess there won't be a radio remote there..
Old 01-24-2018, 06:27 PM
WSI Guru

Just noticed on my DirecTV programming guide, the opening ceremonies Friday have been cut from an hour to :30 minutes.

Wonder if NBC Chicago cut the Cubs convention coverage?
Old 01-25-2018, 08:58 AM
WSI Church Elder

after skipping last year for the first time in 10 years I'll be back this year on Sunday only.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:58 AM
WSI Church Elder

Taking bets on how Friday's entry to the autograph lines will turn into its annual clusterF@#* as Chuck Garfien reports on the Comcast SportsNet Chicago broadcast that the Soxfest mood is "excited":

1) The Continental and International Ballrooms will be released at the same time resulting in some late-arrivers to enter autograph lines at the same time at early-arrivers. 3-2
2) SoxFest workers maintain an orderly exit from the ballroom initially before things take a turn for the worse and workers give up, leaving fans to fend for themselves in a survival-of-the-fittest contest. 2-1
3) Fans waste no time bum-rushing the ballroom exits resulting in latecomers in the back of the ballrooms to reach autograph lines first. 3-1
4) Fans reach autograph lines in the order they arrived at SoxFest. 100-1

Before placing your bet, consider this from the SoxFest FAQ:

WHAT CHANGES ARE BEING MADE TO THE SOXFEST OPENING CEREMONY?
The SoxFest 2018 Opening Ceremony will be held in the Continental Ballroom. In order to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment for all those in attendance, please adhere to the following instructions:
  • The ballroom will be broken down into sections that will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
  • Once a section has reached capacity, staff will direct fans to the following section until the ballroom is filled.
  • Once the Continental Ballroom reaches capacity, staff will invite fans to watch Opening Ceremony in the overflow room, located in the International Ballroom.
  • All fans must go through either line to enter the event.
  • White Sox Security and Guest Service Representatives will be assigned to each section to assist in answering any questions you may have. Please see one of these individuals in the event that you must leave the Continental Ballroom.
  • At the conclusion of Opening Ceremony, staff will dismiss each section in the same order which it was filled (i.e. Section A, B, C etc.).

Last edited by BainesHOF; 01-25-2018 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:06 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricker182 View Post
I didn't mean anything bad by it.
I just meant Sunday is a lot more laid back and seems not as crowded.
I didn't take it in a bad way. I wanted to go on Saturday but like I said, there were only Sunday tickets left when I looked. I also think the Saturday seminars look better than the Sunday ones. But I'm sure it will still be a good time.

www.twitter.com/jasonrosko
Old 01-25-2018, 10:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
Taking bets on how Friday's entry to the autograph lines will turn into its annual clusterF@#* as Chuck Garfien reports on the Comcast SportsNet Chicago broadcast that the Soxfest mood is "excited":

1) The Continental and International Ballrooms will be released at the same time resulting in some late-arrivers to enter autograph lines at the same time at early-arrivers. 3-2
2) SoxFest workers maintain an orderly exit from the ballroom initially before things take a turn for the worse and workers give up, leaving fans to fend for themselves in a survival-of-the-fittest contest. 2-1
3) Fans waste no time bum-rushing the ballroom exits resulting in latecomers in the back of the ballrooms to reach autograph lines first. 3-1
4) Fans reach autograph lines in the order they arrived at SoxFest. 100-1

Before placing your bet, consider this from the SoxFest FAQ:

WHAT CHANGES ARE BEING MADE TO THE SOXFEST OPENING CEREMONY?
The SoxFest 2018 Opening Ceremony will be held in the Continental Ballroom. In order to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment for all those in attendance, please adhere to the following instructions:
  • The ballroom will be broken down into sections that will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
  • Once a section has reached capacity, staff will direct fans to the following section until the ballroom is filled.
  • Once the Continental Ballroom reaches capacity, staff will invite fans to watch Opening Ceremony in the overflow room, located in the International Ballroom.
  • All fans must go through either line to enter the event.
  • White Sox Security and Guest Service Representatives will be assigned to each section to assist in answering any questions you may have. Please see one of these individuals in the event that you must leave the Continental Ballroom.
  • At the conclusion of Opening Ceremony, staff will dismiss each section in the same order which it was filled (i.e. Section A, B, C etc.).
Unfortunately, the people who most need to see and read these instructions probably won't. And when the inevitable announcement about the changes comes tomorrow afternoon in the ballroom, the people who most need to hear it either won't be listening, will be out of the room at the time, or will not have arrived yet.

If I miss out on the autograph session I want after the Opening Ceremony due to a stampede and/or extreme disorganization by the Sox, I'm going to be livid and will be venting to the first Sox employee I see.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGirl View Post
Unfortunately, the people who most need to see and read these instructions probably won't. And when the inevitable announcement about the changes comes tomorrow afternoon in the ballroom, the people who most need to hear it either won't be listening, will be out of the room at the time, or will not have arrived yet.

If I miss out on the autograph session I want after the Opening Ceremony due to a stampede and/or extreme disorganization by the Sox, I'm going to be livid and will be venting to the first Sox employee I see.
I've personally talked to the two main SoxFest security people on separate occasions and told them exactly how an orderly entry that maintains line integrity could easily be achieved. I've also emailed a handful of Sox honchos and spelled out how it could be done.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:15 PM
WSI Personality

Anybody looking for a Saturday and Sunday pass?
Had someone back out.
I have one pass for each day.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:38 PM
WSI Regular

Finally!! The Sox actually got the opening ceremony right this year. Only took them 4 years and an almost Hillsborough style trampling disaster to get it right.

They even had roped off areas for people waiting for wristbands for later sessions. This was the fairest soxfest I've attended in that The lines were not breached and you got in the order you arrived.

Sunday morning entry was a little crazy in that they wouldn't allow people to leave the ballroom to eat, pack or use the restroom for about an hour. Their reason was that the overflow room was booked and they didn't have anywhere to put people.

My only real complaint about the whole weekend was that the Sox never announced Esteban Loaiza. He's still not listed as an attendee. I feel that was a huge mistake in that no vendors even knew he was going to be there so they didn't bring anything for you to buy for him to sign. His Sunday session didn't sell out (I don't know about Saturday). It comes off to the organisation and to Loiaza that no one wanted to see him. I don't feel that was entirely accurate and that more people would have gone if they planned for it. I collect all star baseballs its impossible to get a 2003 or 2004 all star ball without ordering it online. Missed opportunity for me.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:25 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblingCalderon View Post

My only real complaint about the whole weekend was that the Sox never announced Esteban Loaiza. He's still not listed as an attendee. I feel that was a huge mistake in that no vendors even knew he was going to be there so they didn't bring anything for you to buy for him to sign. His Sunday session didn't sell out (I don't know about Saturday). It comes off to the organisation and to Loiaza that no one wanted to see him. I don't feel that was entirely accurate and that more people would have gone if they planned for it. I collect all star baseballs its impossible to get a 2003 or 2004 all star ball without ordering it online. Missed opportunity for me.
I was surprised to see Esteban Loaiza standing by the bar near the kids area today. A few people took pictures with him, but he was pretty much left alone. I wasn't sure if he was a surprise guest or showed up on his own or what.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:49 AM
Co-Winner WSI 2018 NFL Pick'em Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by skobabe8 View Post
I was surprised to see Esteban Loaiza standing by the bar near the kids area today. A few people took pictures with him, but he was pretty much left alone. I wasn't sure if he was a surprise guest or showed up on his own or what.
He was introduced during the opening ceremonies when they brought out all the old players (Kittle, Baines, Contreras, etc.)
Old 01-29-2018, 11:55 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiersoxfan View Post
He was introduced during the opening ceremonies when they brought out all the old players (Kittle, Baines, Contreras, etc.)
Ahh, ok. Didn't catch that.