White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #481  
Old 05-16-2018, 09:28 AM
Hitmen77 Hitmen77 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 12,260
Default

Jordan Stephens makes his first start in AAA this morning. 9:35am Chicago time start!
  #482  
Old 05-16-2018, 09:37 AM
LoveYourSuit LoveYourSuit is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,803
Default

While our trio of ML SP prospects continue to flop, Covey all of a sudden has spun off 3 straight good starts at Charlotte.

My head hurts.

Last edited by LoveYourSuit; 05-16-2018 at 10:46 AM.
  #483  
Old 05-16-2018, 10:05 AM
TomBradley72 TomBradley72 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Antioch, IL
Posts: 6,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
Jordan Stephens makes his first start in AAA this morning. 9:35am Chicago time start!
Not a good start- got hit pretty hard in the 1st, but settling down, retired the next 5 through the 2nd.

Listening to the game via the MiLB app (free)- it's nice not to be completely annoyed by the radio broadcast for once- the Charlotte guy is pretty good.
__________________
TomBradley72
http://sabr.org/bioproj/person/334c0314
Players that are an important part of the rebuild:
Anderson, Fulmer, Giolito, Lopez, Moncada
Players that might be or could have trade value:
Abreu, Bummer, Castillo, Davidson, Delmonico, A. Garcia, Jones, Sanchez
  #484  
Old 05-16-2018, 10:13 AM
DonnieDarko DonnieDarko is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North side, 60618
Posts: 2,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
While our trio of ML SP prospects continue to flop, Cove all of a sudden has spun off 3 straight good starts at Charlotte.

My head hurts.
It's almost like the Twilight Zone, I know.

If Covey keeps pitching this way, he's going to work his way into a call up sooner rather than later. He has the draft pedigree at least, just...well, we all know what we saw from him before. Maybe he's turned the corner, or maybe he's just AAAA filler at best. We'll just have to wait and see.
__________________

2014 PtC Score: 1
  #485  
Old 05-16-2018, 10:48 AM
LoveYourSuit LoveYourSuit is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieDarko View Post
It's almost like the Twilight Zone, I know.

If Covey keeps pitching this way, he's going to work his way into a call up sooner rather than later. He has the draft pedigree at least, just...well, we all know what we saw from him before. Maybe he's turned the corner, or maybe he's just AAAA filler at best. We'll just have to wait and see.
You want to talk about Twilight Zone, what the hell was that from Chris Beck last night
  #486  
Old 05-16-2018, 10:49 AM
LoveYourSuit LoveYourSuit is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Not a good start- got hit pretty hard in the 1st, but settling down, retired the next 5 through the 2nd.

Listening to the game via the MiLB app (free)- it's nice not to be completely annoyed by the radio broadcast for once- the Charlotte guy is pretty good.
He really turned this outing around. Looked like he was not going to survive the first inning. He has been solid now 1 inning away from hell of quality start.

This is a real good sign and indicator of his makeup. 0 BB on top of that.
  #487  
Old 05-16-2018, 11:04 AM
LoveYourSuit LoveYourSuit is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,803
Default

Stephens : 6 IP, 2ER, 6 H, 0 BB, 5Ks

2 runs and 4 Hits in the first inning.

Solid.
  #488  
Old 05-16-2018, 11:05 AM
DonnieDarko DonnieDarko is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North side, 60618
Posts: 2,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
You want to talk about Twilight Zone, what the hell was that from Chris Beck last night
I know right? It's almost like...he's learned how to pitch or something after being sent back down so many times. Bizarre. O_o
  #489  
Old 05-16-2018, 11:50 AM
guillensdisciple guillensdisciple is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 17,496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Stephens : 6 IP, 2ER, 6 H, 0 BB, 5Ks

2 runs and 4 Hits in the first inning.

Solid.
If we can get one starter out of our pre rebuild crop, I will consider that a success.
__________________
http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
  #490  
Old 05-16-2018, 12:26 PM
LoveYourSuit LoveYourSuit is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
If we can get one starter out of our pre rebuild crop, I will consider that a success.
IMO we must have All Star type hits on:

1. Rodon
2. Kopech
3. Hansen or Cease.

Meaning front line starters. 9+ Ks/9IP

Then whoever fills out the back end after than is gravy (Hansen/Cease, Giolito, Fulmer, Lopez, Dunning, Stephens, (then you have the Kannapolis kids as sleepers)

Guys like Guerrero, Adams, etc appear as flame-outs at this point.
  #491  
Old 05-16-2018, 01:14 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 8,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit
While our trio of ML SP prospects continue to flop, Covey all of a sudden has spun off 3 straight good starts at Charlotte.

My head hurts.
If Dylan Covey wants to parlay the heavy downward movement on his pitches into the same level of late-bloomer success that Matt Davidson has reached with his power, that is perfectly OK by me.

Covey’s “stuff” is there, just like Davidson’s power was there. Covey just needs to miss down in the zone if he’s going to miss. He’s toast once he hangs anything.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemaster Fred
This is the major leagues so get it how you live and let’s fight tomorrow.
  #492  
Old 05-16-2018, 01:45 PM
Hitmen77 Hitmen77 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 12,260
Default

Here's a nice write up about Kannapolis reliever Tyler Johnson. He was our 5th round draft pick last year.

http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox...tyler-johnson/
  #493  
Old 05-16-2018, 01:52 PM
DonnieDarko DonnieDarko is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North side, 60618
Posts: 2,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
Here's a nice write up about Kannapolis reliever Tyler Johnson. He was our 5th round draft pick last year.

http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox...tyler-johnson/
Him and Henzman look like they might be something. Good to see that there's decent pitching prospects behind the big names.
  #494  
Old 05-16-2018, 02:00 PM
TomBradley72 TomBradley72 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Antioch, IL
Posts: 6,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
Here's a nice write up about Kannapolis reliever Tyler Johnson. He was our 5th round draft pick last year.

http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox...tyler-johnson/
Could be a nice bullpen piece along with I. Hamilton (0.64 ERA, age 22 at AA) and Burdi- maybe Vieira as well(last 10 appearances, 2.84 ERA with 20Ks in 12.2 IP).
  #495  
Old 05-16-2018, 04:37 PM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 27,401
Default

Welp, time for a new thread as we are almost at 500 posts.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...62#post3309762
__________________


2020....2020.....2020....2020....2020.....
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.