White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2006, 04:10 PM
WSI Personality

Default "Historic" Wrigley Bleachers Now Sponsored?

I had the radio on earlier and heard some rumblings by a guy saying something about the bleachers at Wrigley now being named the Budweiser Bleachers. Any truth to this? If so, I love it. Historic Wrigley Field is becoming less historic every day.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:15 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOecks
I had the radio on earlier and heard some rumblings by a guy saying something about the bleachers at Wrigley now being named the Budweiser Bleachers. Any truth to this? If so, I love it. Historic Wrigley Field is becoming less historic every day.
EXCELLENT!! The Tribune Entertainment Corporation unwittingly gives SOX fans even More Ammo to make fun of them. Everyone now knows that those bleachers are no longer "historic" in that they tore down completely the original bleachers and replaced them with brand new ones.
Quick to Sell out arent they?
" The 2006 White Sox..... simply didn't have the hunger of the Twins or Tigers" - SunTimes columnist and SOX fan Richard Roeper
Old 02-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Banned

I don't want to sound "cubsessed" but the other day I got into an argument with a Cub fan I know about how Wrigley isn't historic anymore because of all the reconstruction.
He freaked out, because he knew, deep down, I was right. It was hilarious.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Brrrrooooowwwwffffffff!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkGundam
I don't want to sound "cubsessed" but the other day I got into an argument with a Cub fan I know about how Wrigley isn't historic anymore because of all the reconstruction.
He freaked out, because he knew, deep down, I was right. It was hilarious.

Come on now. You know that as long as there is falling concrete, Wrigley Field is historic.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:22 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangar18
EXCELLENT!! The Tribune Entertainment Corporation unwittingly gives SOX fans even More Ammo to make fun of them. Everyone now knows that those bleachers are no longer "historic" in that they tore down completely the original bleachers and replaced them with brand new ones.
Quick to Sell out arent they?
They sure are. You know that the next thing we'll see going up on the north side will be a Jumbotron and the poor, loyal Cub fans will again be conned into lapping that up as well. You know they gladly will and then defend the jumbotron as the best thing since sliced bread.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
They sure are. You know that the next thing we'll see going up on the north side will be a Jumbotron and the poor, loyal Cub fans will again be conned into lapping that up as well. You know they gladly will and then defend the jumbotron as the best thing since sliced bread.
Not only will they claim it's the greatest, they'll also say their team came up with the idea first, just like they do with such novelties as ivy, green seats, and brick walls, and that it's the lousy, dirty Sox who are copying them.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:38 PM
WSI Prelate

The way beer is thrown around that park, you should have to be 21 to get into a Cubs game.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:41 PM
WSI Regular

I heard this on the radio.

It's the "Bud Light" Bleachers section.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in worn out, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO! What a ride!'
Old 02-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla
I heard this on the radio.

It's the "Bud Light" Bleachers section.
Does this now make the jokers who sit out there Bleacher Buds?
Old 02-27-2006, 04:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

Who was talking about this ? Was it on 'SCR or ESPN ?
Old 02-27-2006, 05:36 PM
WSI Personality

I had The Score on for a lot of the afternoon so I think it was on Murph's trainwreck of a show. A listener called in to tell Murph he got his tickets or something and that it said they were for the Bud Bleachers.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Webmaster - French Fryer

Bud bleachers? Mark this down as just one more reason why Anheuser Busch is only #2 in Chicago.

The marketing geniuses over at Pabst who decorate their Old Style cans with Urinal ivy must have gotten new jobs in St. Louis.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:28 PM
WSI High Priest

Didn't I read that the new bleachers have a concourse around the outside with little places where you can eat? What a great idea! Those Cubs are always a step ahead.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
You know that the next thing we'll see going up on the north side will be a Jumbotron and the poor, loyal Cub fans will again be conned into lapping that up as well. You know they gladly will and then defend the jumbotron as the best thing since sliced bread.
"Aw, come on, EVERYONE knows the Cubs invented the jumbotron!"
Old 02-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Official Professor

All they have to do is "age" the new bleachers by spraying them down with urine and the history will be restored. No big deal.

"Nellie Fox, that little son of a gun, was always on base and was a great hit-and-run man. He sprayed hits all over."
Yogi Berra in the New York Sunday News (July 12, 1970)