GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2018, 12:24 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisox59 View Post
I should be able to do that. The clip I have is from Skowron's at bat to the end of the inning. I can do it all or just edit it from the fan coming on the field.
I'd just like the part with the fan situation. I'll send you a personal e-mail through the site with my info, just let me know and I'll get back to you with a replacement CD.

As a Sox historian, many thanks!
Old 07-12-2018, 02:59 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
I'd just like the part with the fan situation. I'll send you a personal e-mail through the site with my info, just let me know and I'll get back to you with a replacement CD.

As a Sox historian, many thanks!
Sounds good.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:51 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisox59 View Post
Sounds good.
Sent you the e-mail at the site earlier today.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:39 PM
WSI Guru

Just heard the clip that Chisox59 sent me as called by Yankee broadcaster Mel Allen. Pretty wild.

According to Allen the fan (Jesse James) stood there saying something to Esposito, then Espo swung at him and connected. The fan started swinging back, both guys went at it before the Andy Frain ushers got there to break it up and haul the guy off. Allen said it was the first time in years he had seen a player take a swing at a fan (but certainly justified in this case.)
Old 07-13-2018, 11:10 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Just heard the clip that Chisox59 sent me as called by Yankee broadcaster Mel Allen. Pretty wild.

According to Allen the fan (Jesse James) stood there saying something to Esposito, then Espo swung at him and connected. The fan started swinging back, both guys went at it before the Andy Frain ushers got there to break it up and haul the guy off. Allen said it was the first time in years he had seen a player take a swing at a fan (but certainly justified in this case.)
What I remember learning way back in the day and hopefully my memory is correct is that the fan who confronted Esposito said "don't blow the game." There were a lot of Damon Runyon type characters at Comiskey Park in those days and some guys were known to bet on anything and everything as the game was played. Balls, strikes, possible hits, you name it. Guys would make small bets against each other constantly. It was alleged that one of those bets gone awry caused this incident. Now admittedly I was only 9 at the time and I remember reading different accounts down through the years. My long term memory is usually pretty good but for better or worse this is how I recall the incident. This game was a tough loss as the Sox were trying to overtake the Yankees and repeat as pennant winners.