White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2018, 05:05 PM
WSI Personality

It’s replacing Cashman Field where they have played outdoor ball on grass since 1983. I went there for a work convention a few months ago but didn’t make it out to a game.

They play 6 home day games on Sundays in April May and June, and one day game in September. The rest of the home games are played at 7:05pm under the lights.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:54 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooked Number View Post
It’s replacing Cashman Field where they have played outdoor ball on grass since 1983. I went there for a work convention a few months ago but didn’t make it out to a game.

They play 6 home day games on Sundays in April May and June, and one day game in September. The rest of the home games are played at 7:05pm under the lights.
Went to a Cubs-Sox spring training game there a few years ago. Good venue with a great view of the mountains. On March 5, it was close to 90 degrees. Can’t imagine playing an afternoon game there in July.
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."George Orwell
Old 10-17-2018, 07:06 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by peelwonder View Post
the minor league team has played there for years during the summer.
Drawing how many people? It's not the players I'm worried about, but people don't go to Vegas in July to spend time out doors.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 10-17-2018, 07:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Drawing how many people? It's not the players I'm worried about, but people don't go to Vegas in July to spend time out doors.

Clark county NV, is the second highest county in terms of inbound migration over the last five years. Some of these folks are bound to be baseball fans right?
“There were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. George’s great strength was he didn’t overcoach. There’s no place for panic on the mound.” - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger “Arms and the man,” Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Old 10-17-2018, 08:15 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
Clark county NV, is the second highest county in terms of inbound migration over the last five years. Some of these folks are bound to be baseball fans right?
People who LIVE in Vegas don't want to go outside in July either.

I don't know, maybe with night games they can do it, but it's still damned hot at 7:00 PM in Vegas in July and there's still 2 more hours of daylight.

People used to blame the Cubs pathetic year in and year out performance on the players getting exhausted from playing all those day games in the summer heat.

Yes I realize that's a bit silly but it's freaking HOT in Vegas in the Summer.

Here's the average highs month by month...

https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/USNV0049:1:US