Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2014, 10:07 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Thank god

Really? Is it too much to ask to properly hand out some vouchers that were heavily advertised?
Old 10-01-2014, 10:53 AM
WSI Regular

I guess when I go to a game, it's to go to the game. Anything extra is nice, but not expected. I was at every game Thursday thru Sunday, didn't get any of the Pauly stuff, no big deal to me. The pre-game was pretty amazing, the Sox did it right.

I think having the White Sox rookie home run leader (and more than likely the AL ROY) signing before the game is a pretty big deal. Most of the kids could care less who they get an autograph from. Just my view though. I don't know how they get the players to do it, but I am sure they are not paid. I would find that pretty distracting before a game if it was me. Especially when kids are muling autographs for their dad.

If you leave in the 7th, I think you might have to ask someone for the voucher. I don't think they should have people standing at the gates for the whole game just to have a few people get their vouchers.

I understand the use of this thread, mostly, is to complain. But there were tons of positives that the Sox did on that day. I gave out the season ticket holder "Good Job!" vouchers that they give us at the start of the season to the 3 ladies that make my day when I go to the game. All three of them lost their shizz and were really excited. Sometimes that is all it takes, a piece of paper telling them that they did a good job. I wonder how many STH's give them out, you should, because the reaction is worth it.

I thought the Sox moved in the right direction this year all around. Gives me hope for the 10 year '05 celebration.

Follow my progress at http://mysoxsummer.wordpress.com/ http://www.facebook.com/MySoxSummer
Old 10-01-2014, 12:16 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty99 View Post
Really? Is it too much to ask to properly hand out some vouchers that were heavily advertised?
So why the **** don't you go solve your problem then and there? If I see an ad for something on sale at a store, and then when I go to the store, I get wrung up for the wrong price, if the sale really matters to me, I'd probably say something at that time, rather than get all steamed up, go home, and have a whine-a-thon online to people who don't even have any power to help you out. I mean, there's a line where I just stop feeling bad for people.

2015 Obligatory Attendance/Record Tracker
1-2

LAST GAME: May 22 - Sox 3, Twins 2
NEXT GAME: June 8 - Sox vs. Astros
Old 10-01-2014, 01:48 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Is there a law that prohibits you from asking someone at the park where these vouchers can be found?
Old 10-02-2014, 11:10 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Is there a law that prohibits you from asking someone at the park where these vouchers can be found?

Nope just sympathizing with people getting crapped on for something the Sox should have had in place from the beginning.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:44 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Nope just sympathizing with people getting crapped on for something the Sox should have had in place from the beginning.
And they did. They were passing out said vouchers at the gate when people were leaving.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:50 PM
WSI Personality

I was interested in the 2015 ticket voucher as well. I took the extraordinary step of walking to the guest relations window on my way to a concession stand and inquiring where I could get it. They told me they would be distributed at the gates as we left the park. And wouldn't ya know it, they were! Can these Sox get anything right?!?!
Old 10-02-2014, 04:40 PM
WSI High Priest

I don't understand why they wouldn't hand out the vouchers as people entered the park- seems like it works for every other promotion they do.

If a customer has to ask how to collect the promo item- then you should probably focus on improving the process- not blaming the customer for not "asking around".

They also had ushers walking around handing out 2015 schedules- one idea would have been to give every fan a 2015 schedule and their voucher as they entered the park- more efficient and more fan friendly. The Brewers do it that way- even make the 2015 schedule a magnetic one like the Sox give away in April.

The White Sox have a very friendly and hard working staff (promos, concessions, etc.)- BUT, their staff is saddled with some of the most poorly designed processes I've ever seen- watching the concessions team try to make one sandwich is like watching a clown car- everyone bumping into each other, etc.- good people, but horrible processes- which leads to long lines and frustrated customers.
Anderson, Fulmer, Giolito, Lopez, Moncada
Players that might be or could have trade value:
Abreu, Bummer, Davidson, Fry, A. Garcia, Jones, Sanchez
Old 10-02-2014, 05:33 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
I don't understand why they wouldn't hand out the vouchers as people entered the park- seems like it works for every other promotion they do.
Probably to make sure people stayed in the park for a little while, maybe bought a beer, maybe got a brat, and didn't just bail on a pointless ballgame to go watch the Bears/Packers....

Also, probably so they wouldn't have to hand out a free ticket to every single person in the park; as this thread has shown there were clearly people who didn't know about the promo or couldn't figure out how to ask a customer service rep. Probably saved them a couple thousand freebies for 2015.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:00 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Probably to make sure people stayed in the park for a little while, maybe bought a beer, maybe got a brat, and didn't just bail on a pointless ballgame to go watch the Bears/Packers....

Also, probably so they wouldn't have to hand out a free ticket to every single person in the park; as this thread has shown there were clearly people who didn't know about the promo or couldn't figure out how to ask a customer service rep. Probably saved them a couple thousand freebies for 2015.
I sure hope not- they drew 32,000+ - those in attendance were there to see Paulie- and if no one had a clue how vouchers would be distributed- how would that motivate people to hang atound for a beer and a brat. The promo was for "all in attendance"- not all who sray until the 6th inning.

The voucher is for an upper deck reserved ticket in April/May- it's not a big deal for the Sox to give away the 15,000 tickets (non season ticket holders) for tickets they will never sell at that time of year any way. The more of those seats they fill up for April/May games, the better- for the parking, concessions and souvenir revenue.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:08 AM
WSI Regular

Anyone that didn't get a voucher, contact me in April and I will take you to a game. No foolin'.