Soxogram: 
And away we go...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2017, 12:16 AM
WSI Village Atheist

Post *Official* 6/13/17 Slam The Birds Postgamer

It's weird to drive home from a game and see no postgamer, but okay.

Derek Holland walked the tightrope all night and somehow escaped disaster. Matt Davidson put the game out of reach with a big blast. But the real hero of the game was Mrs. FJ.

The Sox took the lead in the 4th, but were looking to give it back in the 5th. With runners on the corners and no out, Mrs. FJ turned to us and said "We need a popup and a double play." Manny Machado popped out and slammed his bat down, then Mark Trumbo grounded into a double play. We were stunned.

In the 6th, Trey Mancini doubled to lead off. Mrs FJ said, "We need another popup. Jonathan Schoop promptly popped out to the catcher, and Holland wriggled off the hook again.

So in the bottom of the 6th, when the Sox loaded the bases, I turned to Mrs. FJ and said, "What's your prediction on this one?" She promptly replied, "Grand Slam, and they'll play Na-Na-Hey-Hey." Of course, you know the outcome.

Fun night at the park with a small crowd. I know we enjoyed the outcome.

Apr 3/4 L
Apr 9 L
Apr 22 L
May 13 W
May 26 W
Jun 13 W
Jun 15 W
Jun 23 L
Jul 15 L
Jul 26 L
Aug 10 W
Sep 2 W
Sep 27 W

Next Game: Apr ??

Old 06-14-2017, 01:20 AM
WSI High Priest

Just a glance at the box score and some of those OBP's are looking like it's MLB. Still not gonna get a king's ransom for them when the truck gets backed up. It is going to get back up, isn't it? Or maybe not??? And Melky is a better fielder than most of you admit. That's all guys.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:33 AM
WSI High Priest

Thoughts on tonight's game:

-Nice to see Davidson making the necessary adjustments and keeping his swings at only pitches in the zone. The last 3 or 4 games he has looked like he is starting to get hot again. That slam was majestic.

-Another 2 RBI double from Avi Garcia. I'm basically expecting him to deliver in these situations now and he is not disappointing. Take the time to vote a few times for Avi Garcia if you haven't. He is deserving of the honor to start the game.

-Benetti and Stone mentioned during the broadcast that Derek Holland's name has been linked to Toronto trade rumors.

-Buck Showalter really let the game get away from him in the 6th. I thought it was questionable to leave Asher in the game after the HBP to Avi. It was downright insanity to leave him in to face Davidson after the Frazier walk. It would seem the O's manager is slumping right along with his team.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 06-14-2017, 08:09 AM
WSI Guru

FJ- did they actually play NA NA NA NA ?
Old 06-14-2017, 08:11 AM
WSI Guru

FJ- did they actually play NA NA NA NA ? It seems they've slowly phased it out over the years.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:39 AM
WSI Personality

Default Contender?

With Avi Garcia, L. Garcia, Sanchez and Davidson performing this year above most peoples expectations, I can't help but wonder. If Rodon and Shields hadn't gotten hurt, wouldn't this team be a contender in this division?
Old 06-14-2017, 08:44 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
With Avi Garcia, L. Garcia, Sanchez and Davidson performing this year above most peoples expectations, I can't help but wonder. If Rodon and Shields hadn't gotten hurt, wouldn't this team be a contender in this division?
Good question.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:05 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Maybe but I think that involves a little wishcasting on Shields. I doubt we get anymore from him then we get from Holland, Gonzalez, or Homberg. and I think that would require Q pitching like he's capable. And then there's the question of how sustainable the play of the young hitters is. Hopefully it is sustainable. Players coming into their own at 26 or 27 is really not the rarity that it is commonly believed to be.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:06 AM
WSI High Priest

I guess it does even out in the long run (for everyone but Quintana). Holland lost some gems early in the season and last night gets the "W" without pitching particularly well.

I sat about halfway up behind home plate in the upper deck last night. In the top of the 2d, Governor Quinn sat down three rows in front of me. He polished off two hot dogs, nachos, a bag of peanuts and an ice cream before leaving in the 8th. Had I known he was so hungry, I would have invited him to my pre-game tailgate.

All time Sox Attendance Tracker:
272-234.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:56 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Too bad one of these runs we got off the O's the last two nights can't be transferred to regulation time of the October 8, 1983 game......

Old 06-14-2017, 11:11 AM
WSI High Priest

Maybe Boston can cut bait with Kung Fu Panda and take Todd Frazier off our hands? We need to get an extended look at Matt Davidson as an everyday 3B.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:19 AM
WSI Village Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
FJ- did they actually play NA NA NA NA ? It seems they've slowly phased it out over the years.
Lori actually did, twice. Once as Davidson was circling the bases, and then a reprise after Showalter took Asher out.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:02 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:

Throw Putnam, Petricka and Jones in that mix.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:43 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FielderJones View Post
Lori actually did, twice. Once as Davidson was circling the bases, and then a reprise after Showalter took Asher out.
Nice. She needs to throw Runaround Sue back into the mix too!
Old 06-14-2017, 01:43 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
Too bad one of these runs we got off the O's the last two nights can't be transferred to regulation time of the October 8, 1983 game......
We need a like button.