And away we go...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 12:00 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Default A Note About Tolerence

I was gonna put this in the rules thread but decide to make a bigger impact by posting it separately.

There has been a dramatic increase in the number of people feeling the need/urge to tell other posters what is the true and proper way to be a Sox fan on this site. Many of the people making these statements either directly or in roundabout ways are of the "Sox must rebuild" mentality.

I don't really care what you believe in or support. This is an open site for all Sox fans to enjoy. I'm not saying you cannot support and talk regularly about the rebuild in process, BUT... you cannot use that mentality/belief to tell other posters what they should talk about or how they should feel about this year's team or any other year's team. Plenty of room for people to have a discussion about the fact the Sox are making them happy just by playing the games. This is actually a part of the rules already posted:

Quote:
Replying to a thread/post simply to say, “I hate this topic” or “Why are we talking about this at WSI?” It is considered trolling. If you feel a thread/post violates the rules, feel free to report it, but just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s a violation.
I will NOT tolerate the harping and dismissive attitudes that have become commonplace among some posters on these forums. If I encounter it (and eventually I will) the posts in question will be Roadhoused and the poster who made it will be given a rip. If the behavior persists on return from said rip the next rip will simply last until the Sox are done rebuilding - so 2 years ought to do it.

There are plenty of threads to discuss the rebuild. There are plenty of places to discuss potential trades. There are plenty of places to discuss prospects - highly recommend the Minor League forum for this. rdivaldi is doing some yeoman's work tracking the prospects and giving updates on them.

As a general guideline I'd recommend keeping rebuild talk out of the game and postgame threads. Let those be about the game. Let other threads that are clearly not about the rebuild (even silly optimistic ones) have their space. You don't really need to be the thought police about the true and proper way to be a Sox fan and, again, it will NOT be tolerated.

If you have questions, you can PM me, but I really think you all are smart enough to figure this out. And just to be clear, before you PM me, this policy is NOT up for discussion.

A link to a post that triggered this stuck thread (this is not the only reason I made this post,
but it's a good summary of how many people are feeling.): http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...1&postcount=35

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Last edited by voodoochile; 04-29-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:26 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

I'm bumping this because in the last few days the know-it-alls have made a return to the forums telling others the true and proper way to think/feel this season.

Again...

It's not your job...

It's not your place...

This is NOT the site!

KNOCK IT OFF! Last warning... <----you wouldn't like me when I'm...
Closed Thread