Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2017, 09:32 AM
WSI Prelate

Default *Official* 9/8/17 Sox vs. S.F. Giants Postgamer

Well, the Giants suck big time this year, but they looked like world beaters vs. us last night. Moore and Sandoval must be thrilled that they get the play the Sox. Giolito wasn't quite as stellar last night, but that's okay - i wasn't under any illusion that he was going to sail through with 10 Ks every game from here on out.

We've now surpassed the Giants as the 2nd worst record in MLB. We're #2! We're #2! Watch out Phillies, we're gunning for you next! Yeah, I know this team is in total tear down mode, better draft pick, things will get better starting next year, etc. I totally understand that. Still, this is hard to watch.

By the way, this year marks the 100th anniversary of the Sox beating the Giants in the 1917 World Series. I'd like to see the Sox wear 1917 throwback jerseys on Sunday to commemorate instead of the usual tired, tacky 1983 throwbacks.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:41 AM
WSI High Priest

My $0.02-

Why isn't Liriano getting some playing time? Should either be in LF or DH- ABs going to Saladino are a waste- he's 29 yo and we have plenty of "super utility" guys to play that role (Sanchez, L. Garcia, Hanson, Peter, etc.).

This team is playing VERY sloppy baseball over the past week- Davidson looks like a clown on defense, Moncada with the dropped pop up, throws flying all over the place- Abreu is actually our best defender in the infield right now,

The White Sox' promotion of the 100 year anniversary of one of their 3 World Series championships has been underwhelming this year, and to not celebrate both playing the Giants in 1917 along with that "world tour" is just lazy marketing to me- while they continue to roll out stale promos like Star Wars, GoT, Mullett Night, etc.
Anderson, Giolito, Lopez, Moncada
Old 09-09-2017, 12:49 PM
WSI Personality

Why don't the Sox wear the green St Pats jersey's anymore? Kinda kills the enthusiasm for halfway to St Pat's day.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:23 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
Why don't the Sox wear the green St Pats jersey's anymore? Kinda kills the enthusiasm for halfway to St Pat's day.
Frankly I never understood the reasoning for that "promotion" seems dumb to me.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:42 PM
Co-Winner WSI 2016 NFL Pick'em contest

Giolito didn't have his best stuff, but Davidson and Moncada gave the Giants 5 or 6 extra outs with their gloves.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:30 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX
Giolito didn't have his best stuff, but Davidson and Moncada gave the Giants 5 or 6 extra outs with their gloves.
Meh. Giolito dug his own grave when he let Kung Fu Panda take him deep.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:37 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
By the way, this year marks the 100th anniversary of the Sox beating the Giants in the 1917 World Series. I'd like to see the Sox wear 1917 throwback jerseys on Sunday to commemorate instead of the usual tired, tacky 1983 throwbacks.
Agreed. But I'm not surprised the marketing department missed the boat on this opportunity. Just plain lazy.