Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
And away we go...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2017, 11:17 PM
WSI High Priest

Default Last Saturday's Garage Sale - Anyone go?

I couldn't make it, but I was sure that there would be a thread here by now.

Did anyone here make it to the garage sale?

Same old stuff, or anything new and different to offer?

Inquiring minds want to know!

SMO
Old 12-07-2017, 08:44 AM
WSI Personality

I was there. They had a real good crowd. I couldn't believe how many items people bought. There were people there loading items they bought and putting the items in trunks. Most of the items were heavily discounted which I'm sure is one of the attractions of the garage sale.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

Yeah, I went as usual. The December Garage Sale tends to be the worst of the three annual ones as it features mostly promo items, but this one was pretty good.

Some good game-used items were available of the players who were traded. I picked up Melky's helmet and home jersey, as well as a game-used lineup card from a game where Abreu and Trout homered. A friend picked up a Frazier home jersey. There were a ton of various bobbleheads available. You could pretty much fill in your collection and it looked like many fans did. I was in early so I was able to get a handful of the gold Sale bobbleheads. Those disappeared in about two minutes. (I'd trade one for of the fantasy camp bobbleheads of Bill Melton, Art Kusnyer, Greg Walker or Bobby Thigpen.) The gold Sale bobbles were initially available only to those who checked in to 50 games on the Ballpark app. A few were given away through the Twitter vending machine and the rest were sold at this Garage Sale. Collectors estimate only about 200 were produced.

Lots of game-used balls were available. A few autograph photos. T-shirts. Hats. Programs. A few turnstiles (but no seats).

I was surprised by the big turnout. A few hundred people were in line when it opened. Even though the line to get in was long, it didn't take that long to get into the sale once the initial group of people allowed started leaving. The Sox do a great job with this event, especially when you consider the proceeds go to charity.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:40 PM
WSI High Priest

I was there, first December garage sale I've attended in a few years. Tons of bobble heads, autographed balls, and game-used bats. I grabbed a 1983 Western Division Champs flag that flew at USCF for $75. Also an Old Comiskey brick for $10. Good crowd and a well run event.

www.twitter.com/jasonrosko
Old 12-08-2017, 08:24 PM
WSI Regular

Default Garage Sale

Great crowd! It seemed way bigger than last year. Got a Dead Head Shirt, Sally Mustache Shirt, full set of art ticket stub note cards, Daniel Webb Autographed pic, and Sox History Jumbo Book.