Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2019, 01:20 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
Is it the majority of the people who want the nets extended or a few squeaky wheels? Or maybe it's somewhere in between with a majority retreating to the it's-probably-for-the-best position. I can't imagine the nets are being extended by popular demand.

Unless I'm missing something, i.e. the Illinois Legislature being on the verge of requiring the extension of nets to the poles for all professional baseball venues in the state, this sounds more like an action, if not an overreaction, that would make attending Sox games less attractive for many. Forget about how cool the stadium looks, whether the seats are blue or green or if you can see the skyline from your seats. Seriously, if I were growing up in Chicagoland today, there is an excellent chance I wouldn't be growing up a White Sox fan.
Your hatred/disdain for every single thing this organization does has now led you to have the opinion that the Organization is OVERREACTING to fans being injured by flying baseballs. And this perceived overreaction to fans being hit in the face by a baseball traveling at 100mph into the stands somehow correlates to you not being a White Sox fan if you were currently growing up in the Chicago area. You are also completely ignoring what other organizations are planning on implementing and also seemingly ignoring the dozens of conversations locally and nationally about extending the netting in MLB ballparks. You are entitled to your opinion, but this is a very ridiculous opinion to have and just makes you look bad.