And away we go...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2017, 01:50 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfourni View Post
I use the Rock Island line when I'm going to a game after work. When it first opened, they ran a special train 1/2 hour after the conclusion of each game. They eliminated that after year one because of low ridership. Now you're stuck with the regular train schedule. Problem with that on weeknights is your options are either 9:51 (have to leave early) or 11:21 (about an hour after final out). Because of that, not many people take the Metra. I wish Metra would consider pushing back the train that leaves LaSalle Street station until 10:00 pm (maybe just during the summer) to accommodate Sox fans, but I'm not sure what that would entail.

I think the Southwest service will eventually move over to the Rock Island tracks. It's been a priority of the congressman (Lipinski) for years. Because of that, and because Metra doesn't own the tracks that the SW line runs on, there likely won't be an additional station built for the SW line.
That's good info! Thank you!

So a scheduling fix, and moving Southwest Service over the RI line, would potentially serve more suburban Sox fans from the 35th/Lou Jones stop. That would be good news for Sox fans in the South and Southwest suburbs.

But it doesn't much help Sox fans in the West, Northwest and North suburbs. It seems like as the city - and commuter patterns - continue to change, more investments in interconnections between RTA and CTA lines at strategic locations, and more "reverse commute" trips that serve people who live in the city and work in the suburbs, would help mobility throughout the region, including getting suburban Sox fans to the park.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:13 AM
WSI Church Elder

So people here actually think they'd reconfigure Soldier Field for baseball. They have to take out the east seats so we can have a right field. We'd have a Column Monster, with the columns becoming part of the RF wall, which would be neat.

One can dream.
04-04-2005, 04:03 PM
I was a doubter, but maybe, just maybe we can win with pitching, defense and fundamentals.