Starters:
Moncada
Anderson
Giolito
Lopez

Bench:
Sanchez

Maybe: Abreu

That's it... the rest is cannon fodder...
I would add Rodon to the list.

With the other 2-3 rotation slots (pending Giolito's development) coming from this group: Kopech, Hansen, Cease, Covey, Stephens, Adams,Flores.

Bullpen can be built up from Fry, Bummer, the starters that don't make it and some of the reliever arms likes I. Hamilton, Vieira, and the guys at AA.

Outfield/DH to come from this group: Jimenez, Robert, Rutherford, Adolfo, Basabe- possibly Booker the way he's coming on.

Madrigal may push Moncada over to 3B or to the outfield.

Catcher still has a chance to be covered internally via Collins and Zavala, or one of them could be moved to 1st base if the bat plays but the defense does not.

I personally still have faith in Anderson sticking at SS.

3rd base (with Burger's injuries) is the only position that does not have a strong prospect moving through the system.

No way Delmonico is on the 25 man when we're good- I'm not sure there's role for him this season (Palka taking over as LH bat corner of/DH), or Leury either.

MAYBE Davidson or Palka- but I doubt it- our prospects are more balanced- and they are both weak on defense.

IMHO- I would add Vizquel as a developing "prospect" to take over as manager if Ricky doesn't show he can handle the job (very hard to evaluate him with the crap on the roster and with the priority being development over winning). I wouldn't mind seeing a shake up of the coaching staff- I still like Cooper and McEwing- not a fan of Capra and how he's handled 3rd base coaching, and I'm not a fan of Boston.
Anderson, Giolito, Lopez, Moncada
Old 06-23-2018, 09:45 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
I would add Rodon to the list.

With the other 2-3 rotation slots (pending Giolito's development) coming from this group: Kopech, Hansen, Cease, Covey, Stephens, Adams,Flores.

Bullpen can be built up from Fry, Bummer, the starters that don't make it and some of the reliever arms likes I. Hamilton, Vieira, and the guys at AA.

Outfield/DH to come from this group: Jimenez, Robert, Rutherford, Adolfo, Basabe- possibly Booker the way he's coming on.

Madrigal may push Moncada over to 3B or to the outfield.

Catcher still has a chance to be covered internally via Collins and Zavala, or one of them could be moved to 1st base if the bat plays but the defense does not.

I personally still have faith in Anderson sticking at SS.

3rd base (with Burger's injuries) is the only position that does not have a strong prospect moving through the system.

No way Delmonico is on the 25 man when we're good- I'm not sure there's role for him this season (Palka taking over as LH bat corner of/DH), or Leury either.

MAYBE Davidson or Palka- but I doubt it- our prospects are more balanced- and they are both weak on defense.

IMHO- I would add Vizquel as a developing "prospect" to take over as manager if Ricky doesn't show he can handle the job (very hard to evaluate him with the crap on the roster and with the priority being development over winning). I wouldn't mind seeing a shake up of the coaching staff- I still like Cooper and McEwing- not a fan of Capra and how he's handled 3rd base coaching, and I'm not a fan of Boston.
I completely brainfarted on Rodon. Good catch. Absolutely expected to be a major part of the team when it is competing again.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 06-23-2018, 09:32 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Players currently on the 25-man roster expected to be here in 2020 and beyond:

Starters:
Moncada
Anderson
Giolito
Lopez

Bench:
Sanchez

Maybe: Abreu

That's it... the rest is cannon fodder...

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the list of current players who will still be here in 2020 is shorter than this. All of the above could *potentially* be around for the next Sox contending team, but I'd be willing to bet you that only a couple of them will.

R
ead my baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 06-23-2018, 09:53 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the list of current players who will still be here in 2020 is shorter than this. All of the above could *potentially* be around for the next Sox contending team, but I'd be willing to bet you that only a couple of them will.
That's fine and I also missed Rodon, but these are the players who prior to this season are the ones the team expected to be part of the finished product.

Maybe they don't make it, but it's way too soon to know.