White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2019, 04:54 PM
WSI Prelate

Default 2014 Tigers Rotation

At one point, the 2014 Tigers had a rotation of Justin Verlander, Max Scherzer, David Price, Anibal Sanchez, and Rick Porcello.

Now they are all World Series champions, but they all had to leave Detroit to make it happen.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:05 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
At one point, the 2014 Tigers had a rotation of Justin Verlander, Max Scherzer, David Price, Anibal Sanchez, and Rick Porcello.

Now they are all World Series champions, but they all had to leave Detroit to make it happen.

Of course, the team's offensive star, Miguel Cabrera, won a World Series with the Marlins before going to the Tigers and struck out to end the 2012 World Series in which the Tigers were swept. Now the Tigers are about as far from the World Series as a team can get.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:28 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
Of course, the team's offensive star, Miguel Cabrera, won a World Series with the Marlins before going to the Tigers and struck out to end the 2012 World Series in which the Tigers were swept. Now the Tigers are about as far from the World Series as a team can get.
Not as far as you think.
ďThere were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. Georgeís great strength was he didnít overcoach. Thereís no place for panic on the mound.Ē - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger ďArms and the man,Ē Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Old 11-01-2019, 11:58 PM
WSI High Priest

That's got to burn if you're a Tigers fan.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:49 AM
WSI Church Elder

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/DET/2014.shtml

That Tiger rotation was tough. I can remember in 2012 the Sox were truly in contention for the Central Division Crown And we had 6 crucial late season games with the Tigers and they won 5 of the 6. I donít think the Sox have seriously challenged ever since. Thatís when I became a big fan of Max Scherzer and Justin Verlander.

But I think thatís gonna change over the next few seasons. We have the nucleus of a good young club and should be able to put a competitive challenge in the AL Central very soon.

"(Shoeless Joe) Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." ------ Connie Mack..........................."I copied (Shoeless Joe) Jackson's style because I thought he was the greatest natural hitter I ever saw. He's the guy who made me a hitter."------ Babe Ruth"