White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 05-30-2019, 01:07 PM
Dibbs Dibbs is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Downers Grove
Posts: 1,919
Default

I used to think the Dewayne Wise lineups were bad. That was nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-30-2019, 01:36 PM
Rocky Soprano Rocky Soprano is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munster, IN
Posts: 9,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
They've got bullpen depth problems again. Burr and Bummer are both out presently. Not a lot of there... there.

I also think they are trying to see if they can get Herrera back on track.
Exactly. There aren't many options right now. Damned if you stick with Lopez and damned if you don't. The bullpen is going to be an issue all year since they aren't going to go out and acquire new pieces.

The lack of depth is why I am shocked why anyone is willing to trade Colome. He's been great and we will need him, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-30-2019, 01:53 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
Winner 2016 WSI Preseason Prediction Contest
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 16,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano View Post
Exactly. There aren't many options right now. Damned if you stick with Lopez and damned if you don't. The bullpen is going to be an issue all year since they aren't going to go out and acquire new pieces.

The lack of depth is why I am shocked why anyone is willing to trade Colome. He's been great and we will need him, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Leaving Lopez out there for that long was clearly the wrong move. If the bullpen had given up six runs on their own, well, what are you going to do? Instead, Renteria managed to have the worst of both worlds: He left his starter out too long and put him in a rough spot and then he put his bullpen in an even worse spot because they had to protect a two-run lead rather than a six run lead.

I get that Renteria does not have a lot of talent on the roster, but he seldom puts what talent he does have in a good position to succeed.
__________________

Go Sox!!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-30-2019, 01:56 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 12,072
Default

They can get Herrera back on track in lower-leverage situations. Right now, he is incapable of handling that 8th inning role. Personally, I think heís trying to pitch through pain and can use a 10-day IL stint.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemaster Fred
This is the major leagues so get it how you live and letís fight tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-30-2019, 08:00 PM
ChiSoxNationPres ChiSoxNationPres is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
This guy is hell-bent on burying Tim Andersonís bat in the #7 spot.

He has to go.
Burying him down there, but he's killing it when he hits #6 or 7. Not so much from the 2 or 5 hole.

Batting 6th: .433/.452/.700 in 30 ABs
Batting 7th: .362/.403/.552 in 58 ABs

Batting 2nd: .271/.328/.441 in 59 ABs
Batting 5th: .240/.240/.280 in 25 ABs

He profiles best down there, and he's so far seen FAR more success there as well.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-30-2019, 08:04 PM
voodoochile's Avatar
voodoochile voodoochile is offline
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 58,483
Blog Entries: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post
Burying him down there, but he's killing it when he hits #6 or 7. Not so much from the 2 or 5 hole.

Batting 6th: .433/.452/.700 in 30 ABs
Batting 7th: .362/.403/.552 in 58 ABs

Batting 2nd: .271/.328/.441 in 59 ABs
Batting 5th: .240/.240/.280 in 25 ABs

He profiles best down there, and he's so far seen FAR more success there as well.
Might just fit his style of hitting more. See baseball, hit baseball. He doesn't have to think as much about advancing guys or seeing pitches or any of that other stuff.
__________________

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-01-2019, 09:36 AM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 15,770
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano View Post
Exactly. There aren't many options right now. Damned if you stick with Lopez and damned if you don't. The bullpen is going to be an issue all year since they aren't going to go out and acquire new pieces.

The lack of depth is why I am shocked why anyone is willing to trade Colome. He's been great and we will need him, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Colome's having a career year, and this isn't a contending roster anyway. Finally taking the opportunity to sell high, might help to further build the roster.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-05-2019, 03:28 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
Winner 2016 WSI Preseason Prediction Contest
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 16,366
Default

Anderson is tied for second in the majors with stolen bases, so why is Ricky trying to bunt him over to second in the ninth inning?! Why not just have him steal?

Also, and I know that he hit a home run today, but I don't get why Wellington Castillo continues to hit fourth in our lineup.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-05-2019, 03:36 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 12,072
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Anderson is tied for second in the majors with stolen bases, so why is Ricky trying to bunt him over to second in the ninth inning?! Why not just have him steal?

Also, and I know that he hit a home run today, but I don't get why Wellington Castillo continues to hit fourth in our lineup.
If there is one thing that can stop this rebuild in its tracks, it is the management of Rick Renteria. Their misplaced faith in this dinosaur very well may make this whole effort meaningless.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-05-2019, 04:40 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
Winner 2016 WSI Preseason Prediction Contest
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 16,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
If there is one thing that can stop this rebuild in its tracks, it is the management of Rick Renteria. Their misplaced faith in this dinosaur very well may make this whole effort meaningless.
There's a lot of things that can stop/hurt this rebuild. Renteria is one of them but I guess the hope is there is enough talent to overcome his limitations as a manager, similar to how the Royals were able to overcome Ned Yoast's limitations.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-05-2019, 04:54 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 23,232
Default

Rick Renteria obviously couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag, but we deal with him just like we deal with the Manny Banueloses and Ivan Novas of the world for now.
__________________
Ridiculousness across all sports:

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-05-2019, 04:56 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
Winner 2016 WSI Preseason Prediction Contest
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 16,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Rick Renteria obviously couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag, but we deal with him just like we deal with the Manny Banueloses and Ivan Novas of the world for now.
My concern is that Renteria could be here a lot longer than Banuelos and Nova.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-05-2019, 05:27 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 12,072
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Rick Renteria obviously couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag, but we deal with him just like we deal with the Manny Banueloses and Ivan Novas of the world for now.
Reinsdorf doesnít like firing people. How long is Renteriaís contract?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-05-2019, 07:55 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
Winner 2016 WSI Preseason Prediction Contest
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 16,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
Reinsdorf doesnít like firing people. How long is Renteriaís contract?
They extended him in the off-season but I donít think they announced how long it was.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 12,072
Default

Leury Garcia: .631 OPS against RHP. Letís lead him off!

Yonder Alonso: .532 OPS against RHP. Letís hit him 5th!

Tim Anderson: .900 OPS against RHP. Letís hit him 7th!

This is just an obscene level of incompetence.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.