GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2018, 06:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSox2K3
We can't have it both ways—complain that the rebuild isn't moving fast enough, but then express concern that Sox brass will lose patience and go back to the old ways that got us in this mess in the first place.
Excellent point.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:26 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSox2K3 View Post
We can't have it both ways - complain that the rebuild isn't moving fast enough, but then express concern that Sox brass will lose patience and go back to the old ways that got us in this mess in the first place.
You bring up some good points. I don't know if "complain" is the right word to use though. "Concerned" may be better...after all nothing has changed regarding ownership or the front office and those folks have publicly stated and shown with their actions how much they feel they have to "go for it" instead of showing patience and having a long term plan.

So far they have stuck to the script. That's good. But if this goes on for another two years with little progress? I'd say then all bets are off if the same folks are still in charge.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:43 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
You bring up some good points. I don't know if "complain" is the right word to use though. "Concerned" may be better...after all nothing has changed regarding ownership or the front office and those folks have publicly stated and shown with their actions how much they feel they have to "go for it" instead of showing patience and having a long term plan.

So far they have stuck to the script. That's good. But if this goes on for another two years with little progress? I'd say then all bets are off if the same folks are still in charge.
Great. We can pretty much agree on that.

Now, can everyone being “concerned” about something that may or may not happen even two years from now just stop it?

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 07-12-2018, 01:53 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Noticed that myself last night...he's as bad now as the other stiffs in the bullpen.

Maybe he's being overused by Ricky.
Perhaps, but everyone in the bullpen was used a lot on the past road trip. Starting pitchers didn't provide enough length, and there was that 12-inning game in Cincinnati.

R
ead my baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 07-12-2018, 12:15 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:

Sox fans have every right to be skeptical after the steaming heap that the front office has put on the field this decade. This is the brain-trust, after all, who hired Robin Ventura and kept him for 5 seasons. ...and yes, I understand the concern since JR, KW and RH were here to drive this franchise into the ditch and are still in charge. That being said, there are some important changes that have taken place:
- New CBA: this really was a game-changer for the Sox ability to draft the best players possible
- Nick Hosteteler: he's been with the organization for a while, but was named scouting director in Aug 2015.
- Chris Getz: he was named director of player developing in Oct. 2016 after a successful stint with the Royals.
- Overall change in organization philosophy that went from go-for-broke/rush prospects to the majors/trade prospects for aging veterans to try to win now to an approach to build talent from the ground up and not rush things to try to win 82 games now at the expense of future talent development.

That's just off the top of my head. There may have been other changes that I don't know of. I'm not saying that Hostetler and Getz are beyond reproach. But I'm just pointing out that there's much more to the Sox organization than just JR, KW, and RH still being there.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:21 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
Sox fans have every right to be skeptical after the steaming heap that the front office has put on the field this decade. This is the brain-trust, after all, who hired Robin Ventura and kept him for 5 seasons. ...and yes, I understand the concern since JR, KW and RH were here to drive this franchise into the ditch and are still in charge. That being said, there are some important changes that have taken place:
- New CBA: this really was a game-changer for the Sox ability to draft the best players possible
- Nick Hosteteler: he's been with the organization for a while, but was named scouting director in Aug 2015.
- Chris Getz: he was named director of player developing in Oct. 2016 after a successful stint with the Royals.
- Overall change in organization philosophy that went from go-for-broke/rush prospects to the majors/trade prospects for aging veterans to try to win now to an approach to build talent from the ground up and not rush things to try to win 82 games now at the expense of future talent development.

That's just off the top of my head. There may have been other changes that I don't know of. I'm not saying that Hostetler and Getz are beyond reproach. But I'm just pointing out that there's much more to the Sox organization than just JR, KW, and RH still being there.
Again all true. But the guys you mentioned aren't the decision makers, it's basically the three at the end of your comment that determines where and how this franchise goes.