White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Dunn is the biggest Sox bust since......?
Alex Rios 15 5.81%
Nick Swisher 28 10.85%
Brian Anderson 7 2.71%
Billy Koch 41 15.89%
Jaime Navarro 36 13.95%
Albert Belle 11 4.26%
Steve Sax 12 4.65%
SportsVision 16 6.20%
Blue seats at New Comiskey 17 6.59%
Cory Snyder 3 1.16%
Other 15 5.81%
THIS POLL SUCKS CHURROS 57 22.09%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 07:08 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan1965 View Post
Looking at Dunn bat today, maybe it was Garza, but he got behind in the count. If pitchers are gong to give Dunn stikes early, maybe he needs to change his tendancy to go deep into the count and go for the first pitches if they are strikes. As long as the bases are clear for the double play, what does he have to lose at this point?
Yeah, that's what we need, more guys who hack at the first pitch. Maybe the Sox can be the first team to hold a pitcher to under 50 pitches in a complete game effort.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:26 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34rancher View Post
I saw it coming. Proof in the pudding.

From the thread the day we signed him:

I'm willing to admit we've gotten more from Peavy than I expected and he's been lights out when healthy, but I've disliked Dunn since day 1.
See, that's where you're wrong, you absolutely did not see this coming. You did not predict that his future performance with the Sox would be any different than his past performance. You just complained that you weren't interested in his past performance being on the team. That's not the same.

If you said "I think Dunn will set career lows in every category because he will struggle to adapt to being a DH" then I would concede that you saw it coming. But even with that argument, I don't think anyone would have guessed that Adam Dunn would have a sub-.700 OPS and be batting under .170 at this point in the season.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:02 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34rancher View Post
I saw it coming. Proof in the pudding.

From the thread the day we signed him:

I'm willing to admit we've gotten more from Peavy than I expected and he's been lights out when healthy, but I've disliked Dunn since day 1.
Congratulations for holding your own in that thread. This place can absolutely brutal on those who have the temerity to go against the prevailing wisdom of the moment. Then it gets worse after events prove you right after all. Also some credit for TDog. Both of you could see what most of the rest of us, including me, couldn't.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:24 PM
WSI High Priest

3 more SOs today by Dunn.
I don't think we can win the division with no production from our DH. We keep waiting for this guy to break out of this slump but I don't think it's going to happen.
Bring Viciedo up to DH so we might have to release Omar and just use Dunn as a pinch hitter and to give Paulie a day off once in a great while.
Hopefully Dunn finds his stroke in ST next year and is productive for us for the remainder of his contract.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 07-02-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:29 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
3 more SOs today by Dunn.
I don't think we can win the division with no production from our DH. We keep waiting for this guy to break out of this slump but I don't think it's going to happen.
Bring Viciedo up to DH so we might have to release Omar and just use Dunn as a pinch hitter and to give Paulie a day off once in a great while.
Hopefully Dunn finds his stroke in ST next year and is productive for us for the remainder of his contract.
Yeah we are barely treading water and we have recieved absolutely nothing from Dunn. With todays stats he is 2 for 33 with 19 strikeouts over his last 10 games..... For the love of all that is holy, sit him out and send him down, this guy is terrible.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:36 PM
WSI Prelate

The fact that some of you think he can be sent to the minors is still hilarious.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:52 AM
Official Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltrain21 View Post
The fact that some of you think he can be sent to the minors is still hilarious.
Especially after the number of times it's been explained.

Dunn cannot be "sent down."
Rios cannot be "sent down."
Pierre cannot be "sent down."

Please jot it down for future reference.

"Nellie Fox, that little son of a gun, was always on base and was a great hit-and-run man. He sprayed hits all over."
Yogi Berra in the New York Sunday News (July 12, 1970)
Old 07-03-2011, 07:20 AM
WSI High Priest

Here is a good question, who will have more RBIs and the end of the season, Pierre or Dunn? I'll bet on Juan.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 07-03-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:54 AM
WSI Church Elder

I miss Mark Kotsay
Old 07-03-2011, 08:48 AM
WSI Regular

They need to put him in the field until he figures it out or get's hurt. Hope he figures it out, but it's getting to the point where the pitchers should just bat.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:21 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufram View Post
I miss Mark Kotsay
I miss Mark Kotsay. Today Dunn gets to make 2 errors at 1B, GIDP, and K 3 times. Sox get to sacrifice a game to try and bust a DH's slump. Can you tell this frustrates me? At least PK gets a break - rather see Teahan at 1B though.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:55 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by balke View Post
I miss Mark Kotsay. Today Dunn gets to make 2 errors at 1B, GIDP, and K 3 times. Sox get to sacrifice a game to try and bust a DH's slump. Can you tell this frustrates me? At least PK gets a break - rather see Teahan at 1B though.
PK got a break three days ago, don't see the need for Ozzie to do this. But Lopez is awful, so maybe THIS is the day Dunn will break out.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:58 AM
WSI High Priest

The idea of "what have you done for me lately" don't mean **** on this team. It's all about, "how much are we paying you for what you've done in the past." That's no reason for someone to keep their job. This guy is hurting the team. Make way for someone who can play.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:07 AM
WSI Church Elder

I'm not a fan of the Dunn style DH and I like the idea of rotating the position to rest 3 or 4 regulars. Ok, that didn't work very well last year because we didn't have a good enough ball player (Mark Kotsay). This year we have a prototype DH and that's even worse. Having said that I wanted Dunn to succeed and I think, even assume, he still will succeed but I see no evidence of that happening right now. It's not like he's hitting the ball hard at people.

I don't want Pierre to be replaced by Viciedo. I do want Dunn replaced by Viciedo for at least a 15 day period. Maybe we'd get some production from Viciedo and maybe Dunn could reboot.

After the ASB is when our season may be defined and we can't afford the at bats we're getting from Dunn.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:21 AM
WSI Personality

One thing that I think a lot of people are forgetting is that this has happened in the past. Albert Belle struggled in his first half season with the Sox, and I can definitely remember him getting booed at home against the Mariners that season. Belle followed that up with a monster year and a half to complete his tenure with the Sox. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that Dunn would do the same. It is a common phenomenon for free agents to struggle after signing with their new team.
Closed Thread