Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2018, 01:05 PM
WSI High Priest

If they are moving him to 3rd, they probably think Madrigal will be here sooner instead of later. This was going to happen anyway, just sooner than I thought.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:37 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
By the way don't know if anybody saw this yesterday. Bruce Levine is claiming that Moncada has ADD and the Sox are going to move him to third base.

Said that on a radio show apparently after a caller brought it up.

OK then...

That brought this interesting response:

Brian Bilek
@BrianBilek_
Bruce Levine - A sports media professional who can’t turn his ringer off during a press conference or use the Twitter app is now assessing people’s mental health on the radio. That’s gold.

11:45 AM - Oct 13, 2018
See Brian Bilek's other Tweets

Personally I'll wait for confirmation from better sources before accepting this as gospel.
If the Levine report is right and Yoan has ADD and it is found that the Red Sox knew about Moncada's condition would the White Sox be entitled to some kind of compensation?

I have 2 golf buddies and who happen to be fellow Vietnam Vets that have ADD, one of them functions pretty well but has trouble with certain things, like comprehending the written word and trouble retaining things like golf instruction. The other fellow spent 3 years in the jungles of Vietnam and besides ADD has PTSD and has a lot of problems especially with comprehension and memory lapses.

Let's just hope that Levine's report is a bunch of bull feathers.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:56 PM
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
If the Levine report is right and Yoan has ADD and it is found that the Red Sox knew about Moncada's condition would the White Sox be entitled to some kind of compensation?

I have 2 golf buddies and who happen to be fellow Vietnam Vets that have ADD, one of them functions pretty well but has trouble with certain things, like comprehending the written word and trouble retaining things like golf instruction. The other fellow spent 3 years in the jungles of Vietnam and besides ADD has PTSD and has a lot of problems especially with comprehension and memory lapses.

Let's just hope that Levine's report is a bunch of bull feathers.
It's Levine. When was the last time he was right?
Old 10-14-2018, 02:07 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
It's Levine. When was the last time he was right?
I don't remember him before our move to Florida so I don't know, is he a Cub fan?

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 10-14-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:26 PM
WSI Church Elder

Has the team denied this assertion?
“There were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. George’s great strength was he didn’t overcoach. There’s no place for panic on the mound.” - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger “Arms and the man,” Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Old 10-14-2018, 02:28 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
Nothing on the Sox website.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:35 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
I don't remember him before our move to Florida so I don't know, is he a Cub fan?
Big Time.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:36 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
I'd be surprised if the team gave Levine any credence by answering it. Plus if it is true you have privacy / HEPPA laws to consider.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:09 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
If the Levine report is right and Yoan has ADD and it is found that the Red Sox knew about Moncada's condition would the White Sox be entitled to some kind of compensation? ...

Moncada has spent two years in the White Sox system. It seems a bit late to argue for compensation. He passed the White Sox physical. If the Red Sox had sent him to the Fall League with a prescription to treat ADD, that would have/should have come up because the Red Sox didn't control his AFL team.

It's possible that someone said Moncada plays like he has ADD or that the White Sox are checking him out for ADD. He sometimes plays like he doesn't have his head in the game, always has, but the White Sox didn't seem to have a problem with that when they traded for him. Fans excited about his potential attributed his shortcomings, his rough edges to his age.

In any case, the inference is that the White Sox are looking for ways to improve Moncada's play. it's nice to know the White Sox don't seem happy with his development. I wouldn't be as concerned about his diagnosis as I am about how he plays. If there is a clinical reason for his disappointing play, figuring it out might improve his game.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:34 PM
Winner 2016 WSI Preseason Prediction Contest

Quote:
By the way don't know if anybody saw this yesterday. Bruce Levine is claiming that Moncada has ADD and the Sox are going to move him to third base.

Said that on a radio show apparently after a caller brought it up.

OK then...

That brought this interesting response:

Brian Bilek
@BrianBilek_
Bruce Levine - A sports media professional who can’t turn his ringer off during a press conference or use the Twitter app is now assessing people’s mental health on the radio. That’s gold.

11:45 AM - Oct 13, 2018
See Brian Bilek's other Tweets

Personally I'll wait for confirmation from better sources before accepting this as gospel.
I fail to see how an ADD diagnosis has anything to do with his play or why you’d move him to third because of it. I think a lot of players have been diagnosed with it and the only thing that means is you get a prescription, so you’d get that therapeutic use exemption for some medicine that are on the list of banned drugs with MLB. I take medicine for ADHD and it doesn’t really affect my life on a day-to-day basis, but I am not making a living as a ball player.

Go Sox!!!
Old 10-14-2018, 07:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxSpeed22 View Post
If they are moving him to 3rd, they probably think Madrigal will be here sooner instead of later. This was going to happen anyway, just sooner than I thought.
Madrigal was always thought of as a guy that would likely shoot through the minors after getting drafted because of his sound and refined all-around game. He could be up in 2019 if the Sox are competitive. Unlikely, but possible.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:24 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
If the Red Sox knew about it, then the White Sox could have found out about it by doing their own due diligence. It would be in the medical reports, which I'm sure they examined carefully.

Last edited by Tragg; 10-14-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:36 PM
WSI High Priest

When this shakes out it could make Levine look like a fool if he made it up. Or the reverse. I'll be checking in later.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:41 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavko View Post
When this shakes out it could make Levine look like a fool if he made it up. Or the reverse. I'll be checking in later.

Why on earth would someone make up a story like this?
Old 10-15-2018, 09:34 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
I'd be surprised if the team gave Levine any credence by answering it. Plus if it is true you have privacy / HEPPA laws to consider.
I assume you mean HIPAA. The Sox likely have zero HIPAA laws to consider, as they are definitely not a covered entity, and I wouldn't think a business associate of one. It's possible they're a business associate, but that's not my understanding of the law...not an expert in medical law, though.

Actual covered entities and business associates are more likely to be prohibited, under HIPAA, from disclosing to the White Sox that he has ADD, soooo...Levine's probably peddling a bunch of BS.

That said, I would hope if there's some truth to the matter, the White Sox would use wise discretion. If true, it's not a sports injury of the type that would seem to offer more limited privacy interests to professional athletes.