White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 08-22-2017, 08:14 AM
CoopaLoop CoopaLoop is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Des Plaines
Posts: 2,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05 View Post
After Eloy, this is my favorite prospect currently. Was he a steal last draft? What is his ceiling?
Ha, I just came here to post a planting my flag for Alec Hansen thread.

His ceiling is potential ace. I don't know what the hell happened his last year at Oklahoma, but I am glad it did, because we got a steal. His stuff is electric.

That's one of those picks you need to throw in with all the first round talent and hit on. Love his potential.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-18-2017, 04:13 PM
Hitmen77 Hitmen77 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,934
Default

There's a short article about Hansen on the CSN Chicago website today:
http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-wh...etter-breakout
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-18-2017, 07:35 PM
A. Cavatica A. Cavatica is offline
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,120
Default

He's now ranked #95 on mlbpipeline, after not making the list before the season; spaces open up at the bottom of the list due to graduation at the top.

When they come up with the new list, before next season, he should be in the top 30.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-19-2017, 07:12 PM
shes shes is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
He's now ranked #95 on mlbpipeline, after not making the list before the season; spaces open up at the bottom of the list due to graduation at the top.

When they come up with the new list, before next season, he should be in the top 30.
I think if he has another year like 2017 he'll enter 2018 as a top 3 overall pitching prospect. And who knows where Dunning and Cease will be if they have solid years. Eloy of course will be a (or the) top hitting prospect. The only team I can ever remember having such a monstrous system is the current Braves. Even the Cubs and Astros of recent years didn't have this sort of depth. When they graduated their big names, they went from having the top system to top 10ish. The Sox graduated Moncada, Gio and Lopez and still have a top 2 system. Mind-boggling.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-19-2017, 07:22 PM
shes shes is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
He's now ranked #95 on mlbpipeline, after not making the list before the season; spaces open up at the bottom of the list due to graduation at the top.

When they come up with the new list, before next season, he should be in the top 30.
I think if he has another year like 2017 he'll enter 2018 as a top 3 overall pitching prospect. And who knows where Dunning and Cease will be if they have solid years. Eloy of course will be a (or the) top hitting prospect. The only team I can ever remember having such a monstrous system is the current Braves. Even the Cubs and Astros of recent years didn't have this sort of depth. When they graduated their big names, they went from having the top system to top 10ish. The Sox graduated Moncada, Gio and Lopez and still have a top 2 system. Mind-boggling.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-21-2017, 09:56 AM
guillensdisciple guillensdisciple is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16,972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shes View Post
I think if he has another year like 2017 he'll enter 2018 as a top 3 overall pitching prospect. And who knows where Dunning and Cease will be if they have solid years. Eloy of course will be a (or the) top hitting prospect. The only team I can ever remember having such a monstrous system is the current Braves. Even the Cubs and Astros of recent years didn't have this sort of depth. When they graduated their big names, they went from having the top system to top 10ish. The Sox graduated Moncada, Gio and Lopez and still have a top 2 system. Mind-boggling.
My wild- card is Cease. Everything I have read about him says that he has potential to be Kopech, but it has yet to develop. From the things I have seen from him, I get the comparison. He has a great fastball and a devastating curveball.

Still, I agree. Hansen is on track to be one of the higher rated pitching prospects in the game. He was slated to be a top 10 first round pick until he fell off.

It wouldn't shock me if the mid-season report has him somewhere in the top 40. He will ultimately be on the team next season to end the year. I have confidence in him. He has it all. Confidence, smooth approach, great tools, etc.

The only thing that can stop him is an arm injury, but his delivery is so effortless that I am not sure that will be an issue.
__________________
http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-21-2017, 12:01 PM
wxkid23 wxkid23 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
My wild- card is Cease. Everything I have read about him says that he has potential to be Kopech, but it has yet to develop. From the things I have seen from him, I get the comparison. He has a great fastball and a devastating curveball.

Still, I agree. Hansen is on track to be one of the higher rated pitching prospects in the game. He was slated to be a top 10 first round pick until he fell off.

It wouldn't shock me if the mid-season report has him somewhere in the top 40. He will ultimately be on the team next season to end the year. I have confidence in him. He has it all. Confidence, smooth approach, great tools, etc.

The only thing that can stop him is an arm injury, but his delivery is so effortless that I am not sure that will be an issue.
He was even in the discussion for #1 before his nightmare season at OU. Everything so far says this could be a huge steal. Let's hope he can live up to the hype when he shows up on the south side.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-24-2017, 08:47 PM
Andrew C White Andrew C White is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
There's a short article about Hansen on the CSN Chicago website today:
http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-wh...etter-breakout
I am very excited about Hansen. Getting more excited about Giolito every start too.

I suspect Hansen stays a year behind Kopech, starting 2018 at AA, second half in AAA, once Kopech comes to Chicago, and an outside chance that he too comes to Chicago in September. More likely I think 2019 as they will want to limit innings and build them up slowly.

A rotation of Rodon, Kopech, Hansen, Giolito, and Lopez is looking awful good to me.

Dunning and Cease ready to fill in or take someones place is a pretty amazing concept too.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.