Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2019, 10:21 PM
WSI High Priest

Default *Official* “Cease and Desist* 8/23/19 Postgamer

Cease settled in quite nicely after the bad 1st inning. It reminds me of all those times that Shields used to give up early runs before settling in and eating some innings. Maybe a little more time warming up before the game can help him harness his stuff better and not be so wild?

Other than that, welcome back Yoan! He’s just hitting missiles right now.

Nice crisp defense tonight, too.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:05 AM
WSI Church Elder

Just keep winning.
“There were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. George’s great strength was he didn’t overcoach. There’s no place for panic on the mound.” - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger “Arms and the man,” Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Old 08-24-2019, 08:26 AM
WSI Church Elder

Abreu looking like he's fairly locked in at the plate . Moncada is a beast . how high is the ceiling on him and Anderson i wonder . Sox taking 4 out the last 5 is making things fun . last three games with 0 errors, keep that up . looking forward to the call-ups to see how Collins looks.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:05 AM
WSI Village Atheist

This game has been indicative of quite a few Cease starts. Blow up in one early inning, then settle down and pitch well in the rest of the game. Unlike a lot of young pitchers, Cease doesn't seem to melt down after making a mistake that costs multiple runs. I think he has the mental outlook to become a very good starter.

Apr 8 L
May 18 W
May 29 W
Jun 15 L
Jun 29 L
Jul 3 (1) W
Jul 4 L
Jul 23 L
Aug 13 (1) L
Aug 13 (2) W
Aug 24 L
Aug 29 L
Sep 6 L
Sep 12 L

Next Game Sep 28
Old 08-24-2019, 10:21 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwar View Post
Abreu looking like he's fairly locked in at the plate . Moncada is a beast . how high is the ceiling on him and Anderson i wonder . Sox taking 4 out the last 5 is making things fun . last three games with 0 errors, keep that up . looking forward to the call-ups to see how Collins looks.
Yep. At a minimum, Collins should get every AB currently being given to Skole.

2019 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-6
All time Sox Attendance Tracker:

285-247
Old 08-24-2019, 10:42 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FielderJones View Post
This game has been indicative of quite a few Cease starts. Blow up in one early inning, then settle down and pitch well in the rest of the game. Unlike a lot of young pitchers, Cease doesn't seem to melt down after making a mistake that costs multiple runs. I think he has the mental outlook to become a very good starter.
Agreed. Wish I could have watched this one but was out to dinner with family. After the 3-run bomb I just shut it down because people were starting to arrive at the restaurant but also because I was a bit frustrated. Was happy to check back later and find them winning. Managed to tune in for the nail driving bottom of the 6th and then watched the end, but by then Cease was out. Saw some highlights. Man he throws hard so effortlessly.

He's got the stuff to challenge Gio and Kopech for the top spot in the rotation.

So nice to have Moncada back and hope Eloy returns soon. Don't want him to lose his rhythm again.

Been playing .500 ball the last month for the most part and 4 games over since they hit their low water mark of 14 games under on 8/1 and this has not been an easy stretch Astros, A's, Twins, Phillies, Angels and Rangers have all been opponents.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Last edited by voodoochile; 08-24-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:37 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FielderJones View Post
If memory serves, this was also the case with Giolito last year. He was horrible in the first inning but would often recover, though sometimes too late. Hopefully Cease will show the same kind of progress next year.