White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2018, 01:39 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Baseball's Golden Age

About 10 years ago Fox Sports Network aired a show called Baseball's Golden Age. It was a documentary type program that used old color baseball footage from the 30's thru the '60's, much akin to the heralded HBO classic When It Was A Game.

I really enjoyed the series and wanted to buy it when it came out on DVD, but I only found it in a digital format on Amazon. But a few nights ago I stumbled upon it in the DVD format so I snapped it up, as I always wanted it in the physical format as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Baseballs-Gol.../dp/B0045FXD32 << DVD FORMAT

https://www.amazon.com/Baseballs-Gol.../dp/B001GUYG12 << DIGITAL FOMAT

I highly recommend this series, it makes a wonderful companion to the HBO series When It Was A Game. (I think a lot of the footage that didn't make it in to WIWAG wound up in this series). And Alec Baldwin does a marvelous job narrating the series that is chock full of interviews with the likes of Robert Creamer, Larry King, Bob Costas, Donald Honig, Gay Talese as well as players from the Glory Years of days gone by, and all shot in glorious color.

"(Shoeless Joe) Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." ------ Connie Mack..........................."I copied (Shoeless Joe) Jackson's style because I thought he was the greatest natural hitter I ever saw. He's the guy who made me a hitter."------ Babe Ruth"