Soxogram: 
And away we go...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2017, 03:52 PM
WSI Personality

Default Updated Promo Schedule 2017

The White Sox 2017 promotional calendar is filling up!
New this season: Ken "Hawk" Harrelson Talking Alarm Clocks presented by TOTAL Lubricants, along with Fireworks presented by Magellan Corporation, on Saturday, May 13. The first 20,000 fans will receive the clock and be able to wake up to the voice of the legendary White Sox play-by-play announcer and five-time Emmy Award winner.
Other 2017 giveaways include White Sox Photo Books presented by CSN (Saturday, May 27), White Sox Caps presented by The PrivateBank (Saturday, July 15), 1917 Jerseys presented by XFINITY (Saturday, July 29) and more. Other fan favorites will include Country Music Night and Fireworks presented by Coca-Cola (Friday, June 23), Christmas in July and Fireworks (Friday, July 28), Halfway to Mardi Gras (Tuesday, August 8), Elvis Night and Fireworks (Friday, August 25) and Star Wars Night with Fireworks presented by Magellan Corporation (Saturday, August 26).
And don't forget Free T-shirt Thursdays, when the first 10,000 fans who enter Guaranteed Rate Field will take home a specially designed White Sox T-shirt for eight Thursday games throughout the season.

Really?? Ken "Hawk" Harrelson Talking Alarm Clocks presented by TOTAL Lubricants
Old 01-17-2017, 04:33 PM
WSI Guru

Shouldn't they technically give a Hawk alarm clock away during Opening Day or the Cubs series since those are his only home games now?
Old 01-17-2017, 09:56 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard6king6 View Post
Really?? Ken "Hawk" Harrelson Talking Alarm Clocks presented by TOTAL Lubricants
If it'll make the Sox marketing team feel better, I'll be buying tickets for this.
I loved the game. I'd have played for free and worked for food. It was the game, the parks, the smells, the sounds. Have you ever held a bat or a baseball to your face? The varnish, the leather. And it was the crowd, the excitement of them rising as one when the ball was hit deep. It makes me tingle all over like a kid on his way to his first double-header, just to talk about it. - Shoeless Joe Jackson
Old 01-18-2017, 01:59 AM
Official Professor

I want one of those alarm clocks.

"Nellie Fox, that little son of a gun, was always on base and was a great hit-and-run man. He sprayed hits all over."
Yogi Berra in the New York Sunday News (July 12, 1970)
Old 01-18-2017, 08:27 AM
WSI Personality

No bobblehead of statue giveaways on the schedule. The White Sox might be the only team in MLB not given away these items.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:30 AM
WSI Regular

The Uecker alarm clock was awesome, and worked because his home run call includes the phrase "get up!" This Hawk one will be less so.

I can't believe there are no bobbleheads. I usually circle in pencil games I'm interested in once the schedule comes out, ready to adjust them when giveaways are announced. I don't think this slate changes my plans at all.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:02 AM
WSI High Priest

The comments on the team facebook account are pure gold.

Some of them saying that the alarm clock will have a feature that will help you fall asleep. The feature will be called Yaz.

Old 01-18-2017, 03:05 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallOfFingolfin View Post
The Uecker alarm clock was awesome, and worked because his home run call includes the phrase "get up!" This Hawk one will be less so.
I dunno, I think it's a perfect opportunity for "Strrretch" to be programmed on it. I'll also accept, "You gotta be bleepin' me!" or any part of the Wegner rant.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:46 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
No bobblehead of statue giveaways on the schedule. The White Sox might be the only team in MLB not given away these items.
This also might not be the entire giveaway schedule yet.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:03 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewman35 View Post
This also might not be the entire giveaway schedule yet.
Yes, I seem to recall that other promotion dates were added as we got closer to the start of the season last year.

White Sox Baseball 2011-2016*
Passion!
Pride!
Tradition!

*except for 3 months in mid 2012 and 5 weeks in early 2016