White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2005, 09:42 AM
WSI Church Elder

Default Who gets promoted to AAA next year?

For the scouts here, assuming that none are traded, who should be promoted to AAA at the start of next season? Of the group of Tracey, Owens, Rogowski, Sweeney, Young, Fields, Honel, Haeger, Haigwood, which ones do you think are the most likely?
Old 08-23-2005, 09:56 AM
WSI Church Elder

I hope some get promoted to the big leagues.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:05 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optipessimism
For the scouts here, assuming that none are traded, who should be promoted to AAA at the start of next season? Of the group of Tracey, Owens, Rogowski, Sweeney, Young, Fields, Honel, Haeger, Haigwood, which ones do you think are the most likely?
Tracey, Owens, Rogo, Young, Haeger are probably the best bets from your list. Sweeney could very well get the call, but I'd rather let him start back in AA and see if repeating a level for at least a few months helps him build the confidence in his power stroke instead of hitting everything to left-center.

Haigwood will start in AA IMO. Honel and Malone? You never can tell if either will stay healthy enough to do much of anything. Malone could very well open in the AAA rotation.

In AA, I think you'll see Gio, Broadway, and maybe Liotta with Valido at SS and Fields at 3rd.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:03 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
Haigwood will start in AA IMO.
Really? He's dominated AA so far. What do you think he needs to do before he is ready for Charlotte.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:40 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Sox
Really? He's dominated AA so far. What do you think he needs to do before he is ready for Charlotte.
IN a handful of starts. It's not like he's been there all year. He has 8 starts in AA and is 21 years old. He's not a Felix Hernandez type pitcher and rushing him is a big mistake, IMO.

I'd put 50-1 odds on him being in AAA versus AA...
Old 08-23-2005, 02:03 PM
WSI High Priest

It's too early to tell. At this time last year, McCarthy seemed to be a lock for B'ham, and Anderson had a good chance to return there as well. Rogo and some of the other guys listed almost certainly will move up somewhere for the start of the 2006 season, but we won't know their destination for certain until the end of Spring Training. The guys running the org. have a propensity to quickly promote their favorite players under KW's mantra: "The good ones come quickly."
Old 09-06-2005, 11:59 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
IN a handful of starts. It's not like he's been there all year. He has 8 starts in AA and is 21 years old. He's not a Felix Hernandez type pitcher and rushing him is a big mistake, IMO.

I'd put 50-1 odds on him being in AAA versus AA...
I'll put $5 on that!

Not that I think you are wrong....... I just like the odds