White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-21-2005, 11:04 PM
NealCotts4Life NealCotts4Life is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: EP
Posts: 93
Default Ray Liotta

From what I've been reading a whitesox.com, this kid is doing pretty good Kannapolis. I wonder if anyone has seen him in person and thinks hes got the right stuff in the future. Plus hes related to Ray Liotta the actor. Think of the Marketing!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-22-2005, 08:14 AM
Tragg Tragg is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,578
Blog Entries: 2
Default

I saw him in person; several years ago pitching for Tulane. No control, and he left the team after a year or so for a junior college.
Doesn't help much about current status, I know.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Randar68 Randar68 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg
I saw him in person; several years ago pitching for Tulane. No control, and he left the team after a year or so for a junior college.
Doesn't help much about current status, I know.
He left Tulane after his freshman year to go to JuCo and be draft eligible after his sophomore season, wasn't interested in continuing his collegiate career and couldn't have been drafted until after his Junior season there had he stayed.

That said, he's legit, although unless I missed something, I was always under the impression that he was not related to Ray Liotta the actor...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Tragg Tragg is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,578
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
He left Tulane after his freshman year to go to JuCo and be draft eligible after his sophomore season, wasn't interested in continuing his collegiate career and couldn't have been drafted until after his Junior season there had he stayed.

That said, he's legit, although unless I missed something, I was always under the impression that he was not related to Ray Liotta the actor...
He also didn't pitch well at Tulane.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Randar68 Randar68 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg
He also didn't pitch well at Tulane.
Rarely does any freshman pitch well in major college baseball. Not sure what your point is.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Tragg Tragg is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,578
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
Rarely does any freshman pitch well in major college baseball. Not sure what your point is.
My point is that your reasoning as to why he left TU and ended up at the CC isn't accurate. Just to make one obvious point, he ended up be drafted the same year he would have been had he stayed in school.

Doesn't matter though. He's pitching well and has a lot of talent.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-22-2005, 03:47 PM
NealCotts4Life NealCotts4Life is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: EP
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Miscellaneous/Personal: Is related to actor Ray Liotta

This from the Kannapolis website, and thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Rex Hudler Rex Hudler is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg
My point is that your reasoning as to why he left TU and ended up at the CC isn't accurate. Just to make one obvious point, he ended up be drafted the same year he would have been had he stayed in school.

Doesn't matter though. He's pitching well and has a lot of talent.
Had he stayed at Tulane he would not have been eligible to be drafted until one year later.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Ozuna38 Ozuna38 is offline
New At WSI
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Evergreen Park, IL
Posts: 15
Default

Ray Liotta's the man.. pitching well so far this year, and hopefully he'll make it to the bigs someday.. he'll be pretty popular on his name alone :P
"We told 'em to stiiiick it!!"
__________________
Pablo Ozuna is SICK
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-26-2005, 02:26 AM
Chisoxfn Chisoxfn is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: California
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg
My point is that your reasoning as to why he left TU and ended up at the CC isn't accurate. Just to make one obvious point, he ended up be drafted the same year he would have been had he stayed in school.

Doesn't matter though. He's pitching well and has a lot of talent.
No, he transferred from Tulane to a junior college specifically so he could be eligible for the draft a year earlier. He was drafted after his sophmore season. Had he stayed in Tulane he would of been eligible for this years draft (the 2005 draft).
__________________
Dan Evans Sucks...I'll take Ken Williams any day of the week over that bum.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-26-2005, 08:54 AM
Tragg Tragg is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,578
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisoxfn
No, he transferred from Tulane to a junior college specifically so he could be eligible for the draft a year earlier. He was drafted after his sophmore season. Had he stayed in Tulane he would of been eligible for this years draft (the 2005 draft).
And you guys are simply wrong. He was drafted by the Brewers out of high school in 2001, pitched for Tulane in 2002, which would have made him eligible for the 2004 draft had he stayed, which is exactly when he was drafted the second time.

Last edited by Tragg; 06-26-2005 at 09:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-26-2005, 10:29 AM
Erik The Red Erik The Red is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Charles, IL
Posts: 1,976
Default

"Paulie may have moved slow, but it was only because Paulie didn't have to move for anybody..."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.