White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2005, 02:44 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAMBARONS
He has and he is doing a great job done a great Job with Jenks so far this season.
Amen on Jenks. Looks like he's done some good work with Malone as well, would you agree?
Old 06-21-2005, 03:05 PM
New At WSI

That is a big AMEN, Dot has helped with Tracey's command he had a lot of his walks early in the season.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:17 AM
WSI Regular

Default Daigle Article in the San Diego Union Tribune

I am not trying to bring you guys back to the Leo subject, but the San Diego Union has a decent back page feature on Leo this morning. Unfortunately it did not make the internet edition and I cannot find it elsewhere to link it.

Here are some quotes:

"I came into this year wanting to work on a couple of things-develop my power, get more out of my size."

"I worked with the hitting coach on a different bat path, and the results have been real nice."

Daigle goes on to say that he realizes there is a log jam at first base with Konerko, Jorge Torca and Rogo. Thus he has taken up the challenge of playing third. "Foremost I'm working at third base to help my ballclub."

W-S Manager Cris Cron said "Leo is on some kind of power trip. In all of my 22 years of baseball, I don't know if I've ever seen a guy so consistent. He's putting on some kind of display"

Even though Daigle played locally (San Diego) in high school and junior college before moving on to Cal State Hayward, it is rare for the San Diego Union Tribune dedicate so much column space to a minor leaguer.

Last edited by TheBull; 06-22-2005 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:24 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
Dotson has been the pitching coach in Birmingham all year unless I missed something.
That's good to hear. He was my favorite pitcher of the early 80s era.