White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2005, 02:24 PM
WSI Regular

Default W-S Pitching Staff

Now that Gio and Broadway are in W-S, and Lumsden coming of the DL, what are the Warthogs going to do with their rotation? They have about 8 guys who have made regular starts. It would seem like some of the guys are moving up and Gio, Whisler, Broadway, Lumsden, Haigwood and Haeger would be a good 6-man roatation (since broadway will be piggy-backed maybe Lumsden could be moved to the pen). But that leaves some other guys out.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:38 PM
WSI Regular

I think Broadway will piggy-back with Dizard.

WS is definitely loaded with arms right now.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Haeger got promoted to B'ham. Lumsden will need to start in the pen but should eventually be added to the rotation, along with Liotta.

It's a very nice problem to have.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:05 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice
Lumsden will need to start in the pen but should eventually be added to the rotation, along with Liotta.
Is it written in stone that Liotta is to be the next guy promoted to W/S? Quite honestly looking through the boxscores he's been outpitched by Russell and Egbert as of late.

Of all the guys in the minors I honestly believe that Russell has the highest ceiling except for Gio. Just a huge, intimidating guy that throws hard.

If he can gain some more control watch out. (don't know if that should be in pink or not)

Last edited by rdivaldi; 06-20-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Russell's still a work in progress (4-4, 3.72 ERA, 47:31 K:BB, 8 HR allowed), so there's no sense rushing him along. I like Egbert a lot, but he was pitching out of the BP not too long ago. Seems like Liotta would be up before either of those 2.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:33 AM
WSI Regular

Wow, so W-S is going to have some arms to go along with that insane offense (even if Daigle moves up)? Mercy, is that going to be a scary team to watch !