White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-05-2005, 08:17 PM
He gone He gone is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NW Ind
Posts: 480
Default Went to Indy today

Saw the Knights lose again, they are 17-38 now. I talked to Joe Borchard while he was signing balls for my son and daughter. I asked him if he taught he might get a call up anytime soon and he said NO. He said he liked my Barrons hat that I was wearing and we talked a Barrons game I went to last year. He was a nice guy, but went 0 for 3 with a walk and an error. He struck out looking to end the game with Brian Anderson on second.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-05-2005, 08:21 PM
PAPChiSox729 PAPChiSox729 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,883
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by He gone
Saw the Knights lose again, they are 17-38 now. I talked to Joe Borchard while he was signing balls for my son and daughter. I asked him if he taught he might get a call up anytime soon and he said NO. He said he liked my Barrons hat that I was wearing and we talked a Barrons game I went to last year. He was a nice guy, but went 0 for 3 with a walk and an error. He struck out looking to end the game with Brian Anderson on second.
Yeah, sounds like the same old Joe to me. I'm sure he is a nice guy, but if he doesn't produce, he shouldn't be up here. If I had to choose between Joe Borchard or Ty Cobb, I would choose the guy that can get the job doneno matter how rotten of a person he is. Sorry Joe... best of luck to you though!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-05-2005, 08:22 PM
He gone He gone is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NW Ind
Posts: 480
Default

Brian Anderson went 1 for 4. He's a big kid. I was surprised by his size

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-05-2005, 08:26 PM
He gone He gone is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NW Ind
Posts: 480
Default

Ross Gload hit a triple that hit of the top of right centerfield fence and flew out deep once. 1 for 4 but looked good. Jamie Burke played 3rd base (Crede replacement )

Even though he pitched Friday, I did get a picture of Brandon

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-05-2005, 08:52 PM
He gone He gone is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NW Ind
Posts: 480
Default

Adkins pitched and he was in trouble almost every inning. He's now 2 and 5 with a 6.87 era. Jeff Bajenaru pitched a flawless 8th.

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Ol' No. 2's Avatar
Ol' No. 2 Ol' No. 2 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bullpen Sports Bar
Posts: 11,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPChiSox729
Yeah, sounds like the same old Joe to me. I'm sure he is a nice guy, but if he doesn't produce, he shouldn't be up here. If I had to choose between Joe Borchard or Ty Cobb, I would choose the guy that can get the job doneno matter how rotten of a person he is. Sorry Joe... best of luck to you though!
I see Joe's got his BA up to .213.

Still striking out in more than one-third of his AB, though.
__________________

19 seasons, 9232 AB, 216 SO
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-06-2005, 06:12 PM
gosox41 gosox41 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPChiSox729
Yeah, sounds like the same old Joe to me. I'm sure he is a nice guy, but if he doesn't produce, he shouldn't be up here. If I had to choose between Joe Borchard or Ty Cobb, I would choose the guy that can get the job doneno matter how rotten of a person he is. Sorry Joe... best of luck to you though!

Maybe the Sox should look to get more nice, stand up guys for their team that suck. The founding members can be Brochard and Koch.


Bob
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-07-2005, 08:18 AM
34 Inch Stick 34 Inch Stick is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 4,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by He gone
Ross Gload hit a triple that hit of the top of right centerfield fence and flew out deep once. 1 for 4 but looked good. Jamie Burke played 3rd base (Crede replacement )

Even though he pitched Friday, I did get a picture of Brandon

Put some nanny goat scruff at the tip of his chin and McCarthy could be Matt Clement.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.