White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2005, 03:09 PM
WSI High Priest

Default 5/23 games

Knights lose 10-7 in 11 innings. Thomas got the day off. Stewart was great (7 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 1 BB, 5 K) and has now dropped his ERA below 4 (3.88). The other Josh Fields and Ulacia got shelled. Baj gave up an ER in 2 IP (shudder) and his ERA has skyrocketed to 0.81. Gload made his Charlotte debut and, along with virtually the entire starting linup, got 2 hits. Anderson had 2 hits and 2 BB.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:40 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice
Anderson had 2 hits and 2 BB.
Boo-yah! BA better get the nod next year.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:40 AM
WSI High Priest

I was figuring we could see him or Borchard as the backup OF on next years team. I hope Timo isn't around much longer, or he could be the guy sent down...however I hope he isn't making a million like he is this year...I hate to think we're paying a million for what he's giving us. We could call someone up, give them half...have the same production...and have enough to use to help sign MB, Jon G, or B-Mac to extensions...long extensions!
Old 05-24-2005, 10:55 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfanreggie
I was figuring we could see him or Borchard as the backup OF on next years team. I hope Timo isn't around much longer, or he could be the guy sent down...however I hope he isn't making a million like he is this year...I hate to think we're paying a million for what he's giving us. We could call someone up, give them half...have the same production...and have enough to use to help sign MB, Jon G, or B-Mac to extensions...long extensions!
They aren't going to bring Anderson or Borch up to back anyone up. Borch, maybe, but I don't think he's option 1, 2, or 3 right now...

If they bring Anderson up, they're going to play him every day. They have a very crowded OF picture for 2006 as it stands now. Dye in his last year of his contract, Rowand and Pods... Anderson, Sweeney, Owens, and Young all waiting in the wings.

Getting Anderson out there next year is a necessity, IMO. The way Pods is playing, the way he sparks the offense, it's going to be hard to let him go. If Dye plays the rest of the year like he has the past 3 weeks, it's going to be hard to justify dumping him either. Unless Aaron get's hot, he could be traded and replaced by Anderson.

Either that or one of these guys needs to be converted to play a different position, LOL...
Old 05-24-2005, 10:58 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
They aren't going to bring Anderson or Borch up to back anyone up. Borch, maybe, but I don't think he's option 1, 2, or 3 right now...

If they bring Anderson up, they're going to play him every day. They have a very crowded OF picture for 2006 as it stands now. Dye in his last year of his contract, Rowand and Pods... Anderson, Sweeney, Owens, and Young all waiting in the wings.

Getting Anderson out there next year is a necessity, IMO. The way Pods is playing, the way he sparks the offense, it's going to be hard to let him go. If Dye plays the rest of the year like he has the past 3 weeks, it's going to be hard to justify dumping him either. Unless Aaron get's hot, he could be traded and replaced by Anderson.

Either that or one of these guys needs to be converted to play a different position, LOL...
You know - I wonder if Dye with his lanky frame and athleticism could play 1B. Could be a nice alternative if they want a 1-2 year stopgap while waiting for Sweeney.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:03 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight #24
You know - I wonder if Dye with his lanky frame and athleticism could play 1B. Could be a nice alternative if they want a 1-2 year stopgap while waiting for Sweeney.
I don't know. I just don't trust guys who have that little experience at 1st base, let alone the infield. If they need a stop-gap at 1st base, Rogowski could be a decent option, but how many rookies are you going to have starting on a team coming off a championship run?
Old 05-24-2005, 11:12 AM
WSI Personality

Thomas, Konerko, and Everett are all FAs at the end of the year. In addition to possibly moving Dye to 1b (I believe with any amount of practice he's have a good shot because he's a great athlete), you could have a four outfielder rotation with the DH position to keep everyone's legs fresh. I'm pretty sure the Sox plan on Anderson making the 2006 squad.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:00 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
I don't know. I just don't trust guys who have that little experience at 1st base, let alone the infield. If they need a stop-gap at 1st base, Rogowski could be a decent option, but how many rookies are you going to have starting on a team coming off a championship run?
True. That would be more something Dye would work on in the offseason and during ST, but he's athletic enough that if he could pick it up, his 6'5" frame could make him a nice target over there.

It's probably just reaching.....I get really nervous that they're going to resign Paulie to a large deal. I like Paul as a solid player, but that's not a guy you pay $8mil+ to.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:28 PM
WSI High Priest

Since Dye has proven he can play SS, I'm sure he can play 1B also.

B'ham lost 7-2. Villacis got roughed up. Honel threw 2 innings of relief with mixed results (1 R, 2 H, 3 BB, 3 K). Owens and Rogo each 1-4. Fields with a nice game (1-3, 2B, BB, 2 R). Young dropped down in the order and went 2-3, 2B, BB, 2 RBI.

W-S lost 8-7. Decent outing for Rodriguez (5 IP, 4 R, 2 ER, 6 H, 3 BB, 4 K). Collaro 2-4, 2B, 2 R, RBI. Hinton 2-4, 2 2B, 2 RBI.

Kanny lost 8-6. Russell threw 5 shutout innings before falling apart in the 6th. Cook with a 2-run HR. Berry 0-2, 3 BB, R. Delossantos 1-4, BB, R. Hansen 3-5, 2 R. Hernandez 1-3, BB, RBI.