White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2005, 03:52 PM
WSI High Priest

Default 1st quarter organization report - AAA

Not too many prospects at Charlotte, though they do have 2 real good ones. KW has been adding AAAA vets left and right to improve their crappy record. Some notables players . . .
Anderson - Looks like hes ready whenever the Sox need him. .317 AVE, .384 OBP, .577 SLG and rising.
Lopez - Rushed to this level and struggled early, but has hit pretty well since surprise callup to the big-league club.
Burke and Davis - Mediocre in limited action.
McCarthy - Hes pitched better than his record and ERA indicate. His signature K:BB stat continues to impress at 61:14 in only 47.2 IP. Should be fine as a fill-in starter if Hernandez needs a rest. In the meanwhile, he's gaining valuable experience at a high level (for somebody who barely played AA).
Diaz - Just returned from the DL and has pitched well so far with a 2.53 ERA in 2 starts.
Adkins - Hit hard and often. Opponents batting .319 against him.
Bajenaru - Continues to dominate at all levels of the minors. Currently sporting a 0.52 ERA and .091 BAA with 1 K per IP.
Munoz - Hit hard at times but still Ks 1 batter per IP.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:30 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice
Anderson - Looks like hes ready whenever the Sox need him. .317 AVE, .384 OBP, .577 SLG and rising.
Mercy!
Old 05-19-2005, 01:18 PM
WSI Church Elder

Diaz pitches pretty well at AAA, but I scratch my head at why that success hasn't translated to the big league level.

I saw Brian Anderson play in two games this season vs. Norfolk. Aside from being a big dude, he's really good. I can't wait to see him in the White Sox uniform, assuming he's not used as trade bait down the stretch.

Frank Thomas: the best Sox player there was, and the best Sox player there ever will be! No doubt about it!
Old 05-19-2005, 02:29 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoydp
Diaz pitches pretty well at AAA, but I scratch my head at why that success hasn't translated to the big league level.

I wonder the same thing about Baj...although we didnt get a great look at him last year.

Freddie, how are you getting guys out?

"throwing a bunch of bull****."
Old 05-19-2005, 02:40 PM
WSI Regular

I did get a chance to see Josh Fields pitch 2 times this year and is getting ground ball after ground ball along with a few strikeouts.

It looks like they are using him as a setup guy, however with Diaz pitching and with Marte at the show, I think he is not going to get his cup of coffee with the Sox. The Cubs sure could use some relief in their pen........
Old 05-19-2005, 02:57 PM
WSI High Priest

Diaz was fine out of the pen and had a couple of nice starts, when the Sox weren't screwing around with him. Barring serious injury, he'll be back in MLB . . . though maybe not with the Sox and maybe not as a starter.

Baj didn't get much of a shot last season. The Sox rarely give rookie relievers a real chance to contribute, though they often go on to success after being traded elsewhere.