White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2005, 02:39 AM
WSI Regular

Default Frank Thomas

The real Frank Thomas watch.
#41?

Knights roster
Old 05-17-2005, 02:43 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXBMX
Yeah, I saw that, too. David Sanders?

I hope Frank isn't intimidated... He's never played a game in AAA, IIRC.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:51 AM
Banned

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...ilb&pid=400021

Anyone notice Borchard stats? .190 average and 48 K's in 121 at bats, I think unless he has some major turnaround or a bunch of injuries he's not going to see himself on the White Sox roster again.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:09 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaerulez
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...ilb&pid=400021

Anyone notice Borchard stats? .190 average and 48 K's in 121 at bats, I think unless he has some major turnaround or a bunch of injuries he's not going to see himself on the White Sox roster again.
Yeah, Joe's stats are horrible and he was striking out at an alarming rate. To his credit though, he's been hitting the ball well for about the last week or so. His BA was hovering around .150.
He has a long way to go, but I can't help but pull for the guy. I'd say it's a long shot that we ever see him on the Sox roster again though.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Banned

Just out of curiosity, is there going to be an *Official* Game Thread for Frank's Charlotte games?
Old 05-18-2005, 12:06 AM
WSI Church Elder

Heheh...silly me. I finally figured it out, West. Aren't you proud?
Old 05-18-2005, 09:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaerulez
Hey Borchard looks great. He's outlasted his stay in the Mexican Winter League!
Old 05-18-2005, 09:56 AM
WSI Church Elder

Very nice... he hasn't played a game in almost a year and he goes 2/3 with two runs, a walk and a double bagger! I know its Triple-A, but its a very good sign concerning his recovery.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:23 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_deuce
Very nice... he hasn't played a game in almost a year and he goes 2/3 with two runs, a walk and a double bagger! I know its Triple-A, but its a very good sign concerning his recovery.
The double was hit with a 1-2 count, and he hit the single while down in the count 0-2. Looking good.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:02 PM
WSI High Priest

Was anyone at the game? how's his running? I don't think I'm concerned with his bat really at all, I'm guessing that for a guy like Frank swinging the bat, especially against AAA pitching, is just like riding a bike. I'm more concerned with how he runs the bases? I mean when Ozzie sends him will he beat the throw or will it be close?
Old 05-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekijawa
Was anyone at the game? how's his running? I don't think I'm concerned with his bat really at all, I'm guessing that for a guy like Frank swinging the bat, especially against AAA pitching, is just like riding a bike. I'm more concerned with how he runs the bases? I mean when Ozzie sends him will he beat the throw or will it be close?
I saw a short highlight of his double. He hit a shot to right center. The ball didn't get past the outfielders or anything and he still got into 2nd base ok. He looked like he was limping a little bit, but he was running. Once I heard that he hit a double I was excited because that meant he had to run.
When he comes back he's going to be slow out there, but that's not what we need him for. Hopefully he will bat 4th so he can have the speed of Podsednik, Iguchi and Rowand to drive in.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:04 PM
WSI Church Elder

Icon10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekijawa
If he runs half as well as Paulie did last week when he was tagged out at home plate, he'll be fine.

Frank Thomas: the best Sox player there was, and the best Sox player there ever will be! No doubt about it!