White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-09-2005, 06:42 PM
maurice maurice is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bridgeport, Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,714
Default 5/9 games

Rosie Brown is batting 3rd for the Knights and spots Person an early 1-0 lead with a solo shot.

Dizard on the Hill for the 'Hogs . . . Harrell for the Intimidators.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-09-2005, 06:50 PM
maurice maurice is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bridgeport, Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice
Rosie Brown . . . spots Person an early 1-0 lead with a solo shot.
Ottowa responds with this sequence against Person: HR, BB, SB, HR, HR.

4-1 Ottowa in the 2nd.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-09-2005, 10:52 PM
BigEdWalsh BigEdWalsh is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Utah...just moved out here
Posts: 1,815
Default

This was one of those nights.
Charlotte ended up losing 10-5. Norton added 2 homers. Munoz roughed up too, in an inning and 1/3.
Anderson: 0-5, 2 K, .315
Borchard Watch: 0-3, 2 K, .151
Rosie Watch: 3-4, HR, .357

Barons lost 4-2. Malone started. Reynoso allowed his first runs of the season and falls to 0-1, 1.32
Sweeney and Fields were hitless.
Young: 2-3, solo HR(5), .266
Rogo: 1-3. BB, .301

Winston-Salem also lost 4-2. Dizard now 1-2, 2.82.
Daigle: 1-3, HR(7)

Kannapolis lost 9-3. Harrell now 1-3, 4.67.
Kelly hit his first homer.

Maybe tomorrow the White Sox and all their affiliates will win!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-10-2005, 08:38 AM
gosox41 gosox41 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEdWalsh
This was one of those nights.
Charlotte ended up losing 10-5. Norton added 2 homers. Munoz roughed up too, in an inning and 1/3.
Anderson: 0-5, 2 K, .315
Borchard Watch: 0-3, 2 K, .151
Rosie Watch: 3-4, HR, .357

Barons lost 4-2. Malone started. Reynoso allowed his first runs of the season and falls to 0-1, 1.32
Sweeney and Fields were hitless.
Young: 2-3, solo HR(5), .266
Rogo: 1-3. BB, .301

Winston-Salem also lost 4-2. Dizard now 1-2, 2.82.
Daigle: 1-3, HR(7)

Kannapolis lost 9-3. Harrell now 1-3, 4.67.
Kelly hit his first homer.

Maybe tomorrow the White Sox and all their affiliates will win!!!
What is up with Borchard? I've already lowered the bar on him and while it's a small sample size, this guy is hitting .151 and his average seems to have fallen the last couple of weeks. I never thought he'd struggle so much in AAA, especially with all these strikeouts.

Are his problems physical, mental, or both?


Bob
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-10-2005, 11:48 AM
SoxxoS SoxxoS is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe AZ during school, lombard IL in the summer
Posts: 6,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosox41
What is up with Borchard? I've already lowered the bar on him and while it's a small sample size, this guy is hitting .151 and his average seems to have fallen the last couple of weeks. I never thought he'd struggle so much in AAA, especially with all these strikeouts.

Are his problems physical, mental, or both?


Bob
UNfortuntately, he just is not a good player. Good guy though. Bad player. Hopefully he invested that 5 million somewhat wisely and can go do something with this (I believe partial) education from Stanford.
__________________
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editsignature

Freddie, how are you getting guys out?

"throwing a bunch of bull****."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-10-2005, 01:10 PM
maurice maurice is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bridgeport, Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,714
Default some more game notes

Biko was 2-for-5 with a 2B and 2 runs scored for the Knights.
Lopez was 1-for-4 in his return, but K'ed 3 times.
Person finished with 7 BB (!) in only 5 IP.
Smith pitched a scoreless inning of relief.

Sweeney threw out a runner trying to score, and Malone picked off a runner at 1B.

Dizard's line: 5 IP, 3 ER, 4 H, 3 BB, 6 K.
Castro pitched 1.2 shutout innings of relief, lowering his ERA to 3.06.
Nanita batted 7th and went 2-for-4, raising his AVE to .269. He also stole a base.
Collaro went 1-for-4 and threw out a runner at 2B.

Leading off for Kanny, Smith went 2-for-3 with 2 BB and a SB. He's now hitting .280.
Hernandez was 0-for-3 with a BB, and threw out a runner trying to steal 2nd base.
Harrell gave up 7 R in 3.2 IP, but only 3 of the runs were earned in light of 3 Kanny errors, including Castillo's 9th.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.